Author Topic: A Vote for Trump is a Vote for Democrats. Go Third Party if He’s the Nominee. (Erick Erickson)  (Read 3167 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump is a Democrat.

He has given vastly more money to Democrat causes. He supported late term and partial birth abortion until a conversion of convenience to secure Republican votes.

He was for open borders until that issue worked against him in Republican primaries.

He is friends with Hillary and Bill Clinton, who he called before getting into the Republican primary.

He opposed tea party, conservative candidates in 2010 and 2014.

A vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is a vote for Democrats in November.

I will vote for a third party candidate if Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. Because if he is, there is no meaningful difference between the Democrats and Republicans.

http://theresurgent.com/a-vote-for-trump-is-a-vote-for-democrats-go-third-party-if-hes-the-nominee/

Offline Longiron

REDSTATE in the bag for CRUZ and having a hard time accepting real world that CRUZ is toast and TRUMP will be the next POTUS. Another fake conservative like Levin, Rush, Hannity 'etc". all conservative until it comes crunch time and TRUMP exposed all these Republican conservatives or otherwise known as the UNIPARTY. :bs:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yeah, because everyone KNOWS that Trump will be WORSE than President Hillary! Clinton!

These people are insane! 

You have to wonder what their true mission is - and who is bankrolling it.   **nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
REDSTATE in the bag for CRUZ and having a hard time accepting real world that CRUZ is toast and TRUMP will be the next POTUS. Another fake conservative like Levin, Rush, Hannity 'etc". all conservative until it comes crunch time and TRUMP exposed all these Republican conservatives or otherwise known as the UNIPARTY. :bs:

But of course,  as has been repeatedly demonstrated,  Trump's the "fake conservative".   But thanks for pointing out Geobbels' contribution to political theory - tell a big enough lie often enough and brazenly enough and the fools will believe it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yeah, because everyone KNOWS that Trump will be WORSE than President Hillary! Clinton!

These people are insane! 

You have to wonder what their true mission is - and who is bankrolling it.   **nononono*
Who do you think it is? The same guy funding Democrat and Republican campaigns for years. Donald Trump himself.

Think about it: he loses, he still has campaign contributions to keep everyone in his pocket. He wins, he gets to do it directly. Either way, the end result's the same.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:27:31 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

These people are insane! 

Yes,  Trump will be worse, far worse, than even Hillary Clinton.  Hillary's the devil I know.  Trump's the devil I don't - and who's entire schtick is based on fooling the foolish.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Can you supply any facts or evidence that he won't? Anything at all?

That's what I thought!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

That's what I thought!

You know, I don't have to defend my position on Trump - over and over again - just because you keep asking us to - over and over again. 

I actually have a life outside of this forum and I prefer to actually LIVE it, rather than sit here and argue all day with people demanding that I defend my choice of candidate. 

I've made my opinions quite clear here many times and I will not post on command!  We disagree on who the best candidate is to put up as our nominee to run against Hillary!  Let's just leave it at that, OK?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You know, I don't have to defend my position on Trump - over and over again - just because you keep asking us to - over and over again. 

I actually have a life outside of this forum and I prefer to actually LIVE it, rather than sit here and argue all day with people demanding that I defend my choice of candidate. 

I've made my opinions quite clear here many times and I will not post on command!  We disagree on who the best candidate is to put up as our nominee to run against Hillary!  Let's just leave it at that, OK?

Good for you! Still no FACTS or EVIDENCE however!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

Good for you! Still no FACTS or EVIDENCE however!

Let's just say that I'm going with my guts on this - my guts are screaming Donald Trump!  Your mileage may vary.

Love you Bigun!   :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You go girl!               :hands:            88devil                :hands:

Offline NavyCanDo

If Trump is the nominee, I'm NOT voting Third Party.    I'm voting MY PARTY which is Republican, which is why I would Write-In Cruz or Rubio. An don't argue that I would be throwing away a vote - because Trump would lose the General with or without my vote,  in the biggest defeat we have seen in decades.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Let's just say that I'm going with my guts on this - my guts are screaming Donald Trump!  Your mileage may vary.

Love you Bigun!   :patriot:

Allowing your gut to over ride your brain is a recipe for a disaster Alice!

And BTW: I love you to!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MBB1984

Interesting to see the GOP e contemplate a third party candidate.   The far greater likelihood is that Trump goes third party if a GOPe candidate wins the nomination.  Wonder how the GOPe candidate would fare under those circumstances?

Offline ABX

Interesting to see the GOP e contemplate a third party candidate.   The far greater likelihood is that Trump goes third party if a GOPe candidate wins the nomination.  Wonder how the GOPe candidate would fare under those circumstances?

This is more in reference to Conservative voters, not the GOPe. Erickson isn't establishment. He was a grassroots pundit, part of the old Pajama Patrol crowd starting the new Conservative media separate from the establishment media. He has been a sub for Rush on many occasion.

There are a lot of us who are starting to hope the Libertarians finally put up a decent candidate.

Offline aligncare

Arguing with a person sitting on the fence makes rational sense. But, with someone who's committed to a candidate? What's the point? Unless the asking party is in deep, deep denial and desperately seeking validation. Just my clinical assessment.

Offline aligncare

Are you kidding? Trump was excoriated for 8 months over the charge he intended going 3rd party from the very beginning! Well, either that or he was really a shill for Hillary. Very imaginative, the anti-Trumpsters.

Offline PzLdr

What was Erickson's position on conservatives going third party in 2008 or 2012?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

What was Erickson's position on conservatives going third party in 2008 or 2012?

It's been a fascinating ride, hasn't it? Watching some conservatives and establishment Republican's brains scramble over the sight of Trump?

Offline sinkspur

It's been a fascinating ride, hasn't it? Watching some conservatives and establishment Republican's brains scramble over the sight of Trump?

It's been a ride alright.  Watching some conservatives allow their brains to be scrambled at the sight of Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is more in reference to Conservative voters, not the GOPe. Erickson isn't establishment. He was a grassroots pundit, part of the old Pajama Patrol crowd starting the new Conservative media separate from the establishment media. He has been a sub for Rush on many occasion.

There are a lot of us who are starting to hope the Libertarians finally put up a decent candidate.
Don't bet on it. It's looking like Gary Johnson again or that kook John McAfee.

The Constitution Party's looking worse. They literally have nobody.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

Don't bet on it. It's looking like Gary Johnson again or that kook John McAfee.

The Constitution Party's looking worse. They literally have nobody.

I know, it is pretty depressing. Everyone has lost opportunities this cycle. I was hoping the Libertarians would put up another Bob Barr or Ted Olson.

Offline GAJohnnie

Without naming Eric, "where arrogance meets incompetence" Erickson by name. Newt Gingrich just pointed out the pure idiocy of this position among the Conservative Pharisees on Hanniety today

Voting for someone 100% opposed to your views is the behavior of a petulant child with an  out of control ego, not the behavior of a rational thoughtful adult.

Offline GAJohnnie

BS, Erickson has been a GOP shill all along. The myth of "Erickson the Outsider" was a myth pushed hard and fast by him but he has never broke ranks with the Dc machine on anything. He loves to beat up the GOP in GA, but he is a good little waterboy for DC.

Offline GAJohnnie

That's what I thought!

Trump loves America and wants to make it great. Clinton/Sanders thinks Amerca sucks and need to be fundamentally transformed to "make it fair".

That all you need to know. Actively working for Clinton/Sanders because his candidate lost the primary is the behavior of a petulant child with an out of control ego not pf a rational adult mind. Erickson has merely let slip the phoney "outsider' mask he busy pimped since Herman Cain gave him his radio show in 2007.

Erickson is done. He is busy digging a hole there is no walking back from today.