Author Topic: Democrats and Freepers Fund-raise Off the Death of Justice Scalia  (Read 2962 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Whenever someone of political prominence dies, it is not unusual to see some take advantage of the opportunity to turn the death into a money making opportunity. The Democrats have long perfected the art of blood money fundraisers, from the political rally that was the Wellstone funeral to the latest political loss, Supreme Court Justice Scalia. As reported by the Weekly Standard:

Dems Fundraise Off Scalia Death

Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia died today and already the Democratic party is fundraising off his death.

In an email sent out by the Democratic National Committee, supporters are asked to chipping in some money for the coming Supreme Court nomination fight.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001076/

In the case of Scalia however, we are seeing more than the left raising money off his death. The sometimes-Conservative web forum Free Republic also took advantage of Scalia's death to top their coffers.  To the expected "Woo Hoo's" and "Incoming", Freepers were quick to find a way to profit off Scalia's death.

Free Republic Fund raiser in Honor of Judge Scalia and Others.

I'M A MONTHLY DONOR TO OUR FORUM. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR IT.

Over the years I've met many many great friends here.

We've been though some rocky times with Obama. Everyday it seemed and still seems that there is something about the man, to make your eyes roll and your stomach hurt, and with his administration to the point that when you think you've seen and heard it all, there's something new that makes you ashamed. ....

....SO, IN THIS SPIRIT, I’M DONATING $100 TO FR IN HONOR OF JUDGE ANTON SCALIA, A TRUE AMERICAN AND PATRIOT. THANK YOU FOR WATCHING OVER US and SECONDLY WITH THE HOPE THAT ALL OF US ON FR WILL COALESCE AND SUPPORT THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE WHOMEVER IT WILL BE AND BE CLOSE FRIENDS AGAIN, AND LASTLY IN THE MEMORY OF MY OLDEST SON, ANDY, WHO DIED A YEAR AGO. I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERY DAY.....

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3399634/posts

The comments are as expected with any frundraising thread, cheers and encouraging (guilt-tripping) members for donations. The irony though is thick, however, when one member says he isn't donating. (comment since pulled)

To: BipolarBob

I’ll wait until the Trump Bots are gone to consider donating again. They have destroyed FR.

5 posted on 02/20/2016 12:07:06 PM PST by BillM (.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies | Report Abuse ]

To: BillM

This is NOT a political thread. It’s a memorial thread. What poor taste you have.

6 posted on 02/20/2016 12:09:08 PM PST by hoosiermama (Make America Great Again by uniting Great Americans)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies | Report Abuse ]

Yes, raising money off the dead apparently is not in poor taste, but saying why you won't donate is.

Whenever we have a death of a public figure, can the body at least be interred and the family let to grieve for a moment before the vultures swoop in to raise money off the dead?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Democrats and Freepers Fund-raise Off the Death of Justice Scalia
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:30:12 am »
I sat and cried watching this funeral today. I can't believe anyone would fundraise off of Justice Scalia's death..shame on you!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:37:34 am »
I sat and cried watching this funeral today. I can't believe anyone would fundraise off of Justice Scalia's death..shame on you!

The extra irony is, of course, how they reacted to the Democrats fundraising.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3396999/posts

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:01:35 am »
"God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools…and He has not been disappointed. Devout Christians are destined to be regarded as fools in modern society. We are fools for Christ’s sake. We must pray for courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world. If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world."

-- Justice Antonin Scalia

Requiescat in Pace Justice Scalia

And Justice Scalia was NOT speaking to those who would raise funds in his name.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 08:03:57 pm »
The extra irony is, of course, how they reacted to the Democrats fundraising.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3396999/posts

the place has become trump central!!
[/color][/size]
[/color][/size]
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 08:08:18 pm »
New loser meme: You're a democrat if you support Donald Trump.

Down is up – up is down.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »
the most realistic meme is that you're being HAD...if you support Friedrich Drumpf's  Son Donny...

no mature adult...... changes his tune as fast as does donald trump

thats a warning sign that must not be ignored
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!