Author Topic: Saturday Feb 20 Music Thread  (Read 1562 times)

Wingnut

Saturday Feb 20 Music Thread
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:52:08 pm »
For Jeb Bush.  Music to go away with....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Saturday Feb 20 Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:40:51 am »
I loved the Doors,but I'm too moody to be listening to most of their stuff.

BTW,thanks for starting this thread. I've been busy doing other stuff today.

I THINK these guys may have been the first,or one of the first groups I saw in Concert. IIRC,The James Gang was the opening act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKr7mKUPZjA

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:49:55 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:48:25 am »
I loved the Doors,but I'm too moddy to be listening to most of their stuff.

BTW,thanks for starting this thread. I've been busy doing other stuff today.

I THINK these guys may have been the first,or one of the first groups I saw in Concert. IIRC,The James Gang was the opening act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKr7mKUPZjA

I hear you about the Doors and Sky Pilot....I've Been in a kinda "transitional" mood sort of state over a NavySeal friend and a brother in the last stages of the damn 'C".  But I'm climbing out.

Look forward to coming back to the GFR selection soon!

Well,if Grand bleep can't start to cheer you up when they hit "Some Kind of Wonderful" and "Gimme Shelter",keep listening and pretty soon you will hear "The Loco-Motion" and Foot Stompin' Music" THAT will do it for sure.

BTW,a singer named Little Eva was the original singer of the Loco Motion. A few years after that I met her when I was working on a shrimp boat in southern NC,and she was a cook at a restaurant there. The record label stole all her money from her,so she went back home and went to work locally. Nice woman who didn't even seem to be bitter about having the Golden Ring snatched away from her.

Or at least that is who I was told she was,and she said that was her.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:59:32 am by sneakypete »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 05:05:22 am »
I hear you about the Doors and Sky Pilot....I've Been in a kinda "transitional" mood sort of state over a NavySeal friend and a brother in the last stages of the damn 'C".  But I'm climbing out.

Look forward to coming back to the GFR selection soon!

Well,if Grand bleep can't start to cheer you up when they hit "Some Kind of Wonderful" and "Gimme Shelter",keep listening and pretty soon you will hear "The Loco-Motion" and Foot Stompin' Music" THAT will do it for sure.

BTW,a singer named Little Eva was the original singer of the Loco Motion. A few years after that I met her when I was working on a shrimp boat in southern NC,and she was a cook at a restaurant there. The record label stole all her money from her,so she went back home and went to work locally. Nice woman who didn't even seem to be bitter about having the Golden Ring snatched away from her.

Or at least that is who I was told she was,and she said that was her.

'Locomotion' was written by Carole King. She was allegedly inspired by watching her maid's [allegedly Little Eva] hip motion while vacuuming a carpet. My favorite GFR tune was "American Band"
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 11:29:16 am »
'Locomotion' was written by Carole King. She was allegedly inspired by watching her maid's [allegedly Little Eva] hip motion while vacuuming a carpet. My favorite GFR tune was "American Band"

I have no idea who wrote the song,but the story I heard was that Berry Gordy was ready to record it,and the singer (whose name I have forgotten) was late for the session,so he had HIS maid (Little Eva) sing the song so the time and money wasn't wasted. He had heard her singing as she worked around the house and watched the children,so he knew she had a good voice.

I also heard that since she didn't have a contract he screwed her out of every dime the song brought in,which was why she quit him and moved back home,but that is just what I heard many,many years ago. Who knows at this late date what the real truth is?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!