Author Topic: Ben Carson: We Cannot Give Away Freedoms That People Died For  (Read 238 times)

rangerrebew

Ben Carson: We Cannot Give Away Freedoms That People Died For
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:12:07 am »

Ben Carson: We Cannot Give Away Freedoms That People Died For

(CNSNews.com) – GOP presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson told attendees at the Conservative Convention hosted by the Conservative Review Thursday night in Greenville, S.C., that people gave up everything including their lives so that we could have freedom of speech, expression, religion, and more, and those freedoms cannot be given away.

“There were so many people who gave up everything including their lives so that we could have freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, all of our other freedoms. We cannot give those away,” said Carson.

Carson said there are some “who like to denigrate” America and “say that we’re the source for all the evil in the world, and that we’re not exceptional.”

“If we were so bad, why are so many people trying to get in here and nobody’s trying to escape? Obviously, it’s a pretty nice place, and the real question is can we keep it, because I believe that there is an American way,” Carson added.

“There is an American dream. What other country has a dream? Other countries have nightmares, but nobody else has a dream, and it is something that we need to be very careful to preserve,” he said.

“We are in the process of giving away our nation, of giving away all our values and principles so that we can be politically correct, and I think that that is a major problem,” Carson said.

“It’s the reason that I hate political correctness with a vengeance, because there were so many people who gave up everything including their lives so that we could have freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, all of our other freedoms. We cannot give those away,” he said.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/ben-carson-we-cannot-give-away-freedoms-people-died-us-have