Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A Banned From The University of Nebraska Because CEO Supports Traditional Marriage  (Read 795 times)

Offline Paladin

The forces of tolerance, diversity, and popular referendum strike again.

"The decision to bring Chick-Fil-A to the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) was recently reversed after complaints from students that the fast-food chain’s CEO supports traditional marriage and thus allowing his restaurant chain on campus would be offensive to homosexuals.

A survey sent out by the UNK student government in January resulted in a majority student vote to bring Chick-Fil-A to the campus student union. A number of students opposed the decision, however, complaining that Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy has made comments in the past supporting the traditional definition of marriage.

[snip]

In response to the students’ complaints, the UNK student president Evan Calhoun announced via email that his student government would not be bringing Chick-Fil-A to campus because the chain’s “discriminatory policies” and “corporate values” did not align with UNK’s values."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3507/chick-fil-banned-university-nebraska-because-ceo-pardes-seleh

America's universities are fast becoming the most intolerant places on earth, contravening the very raison d'etre for such institutions.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I could (perhaps) see this when the wars over gay marriage were raging.  But that's all settled now - gays can now choose to marry in all 50 states.   So banning Chik-fil-A now because its CEO supports traditional marriage is just churlish sore-winnerism. 

Unless of course you're Donald Trump, you can't effectively change hearts and minds by being obnoxious.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide