Author Topic: Obama to Meet with Race Activists Behind Ferguson, Baltimore Riots at White House on Thursday  (Read 883 times)

rangerrebew

Obama to Meet with Race Activists Behind Ferguson, Baltimore Riots at White House on Thursday

Jim Hoft Feb 17th, 2016 9:51 pm 89 Comments

Judge a man by the company he keeps…
car torched ferguson

Former community organizer Obama will meet with racist DeRay McKesson, Al Sharpton and other race activists at the White House on Thursday.

** President Obama also met with Ferguson protest leaders on November 5th, 2014, the day after the midterm elections. He reportedly told the radical race protesters to “stay on course.”

The Baltimore Sun reported:

DeRay McKesson the prominent activist and late entrant into Baltimore’s mayoral race, will meet with President Barack Obama and civil rights leaders at the White House on Thursday for an event honoring Black History Month.

Mckesson, a former school administrator and Black Lives Matter protester who co-founded We the Protestors and Campaign Zero, will attend the meeting along with Al Sharpton, Cornell Brooks, president of the NAACP, and Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia.

A White House official described the meeting as a first-of-its-kind gathering of leaders who represent different generations of the civil rights movement, and said the discussion will focus on criminal justice reform and building trust between police and neighborhoods.

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch will also attend.

Mckesson, who lives in North Baltimore, gained widespread attention during protests after the police-involved shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., in 2014. He unexpectedly jumped into the race for Baltimore’s mayor earlier this month.

But Obama will skip the funeral of former Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Saturday.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/obama-to-meet-with-activist-leaders-behind-ferguson-baltimore-riots-at-white-house-on-thursday-will-skip-scalia-funeral/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:23:09 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Paladin

The guy is a slug. I mean, seriously...
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline ArneFufkin

Why doesn't he just name Ellen as his VP and Judge Joe Brown as his SCOTUS nomination and salt this whole thing away?

We can concentrate on the MLB opener.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Hmmm.... there must be a good name for such a gathering of professional agitators.  :pondering:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

Al Sharpton.....who will he endorse after this WH visit?

Offline Paladin

Al Sharpton.....who will he endorse after this WH visit?

Who promised him the biggest and best payoff?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.