Author Topic: Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll  (Read 2992 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Texas senator leads businessman 28% to 26% nationally, Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds

Support for Donald Trump among Republicans has declined in the past month, leaving him slightly behind Sen. Ted Cruz in the race for GOP presidential nominee, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll conducted after a combative debate performance that soured some voters on the New York businessman.....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ted-cruz-overtakes-donald-trump-in-latest-republican-presidential-poll-1455746450

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »
This might be "yuge" if it holds. Key word *if*. It might be an outlier.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/surprise-trump-falls-behind-cruz-national-nbc-wsj-poll-n520296

Surprise: Trump Falls Behind Cruz in National NBC/WSJ Poll

by Mark Murray

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has fallen behind Ted Cruz in the national GOP horserace, according to a brand-new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

In the poll, Cruz is the first choice of 28 percent of Republican primary voters, while Trump gets 26 percent. They're followed by Marco Rubio at 17 percent, John Kasich at 11 percent, Ben Carson at 10 percent and Jeb Bush at 4 percent.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:34 pm »
Please, Lord, may it be so!  :0001:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »

I cannot see whole article....where is !jeb on that poll?

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:32 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/surprise-trump-falls-behind-cruz-national-nbc-wsj-poll-n520296

Surprise: Trump Falls Behind Cruz in National NBC/WSJ Poll

by Mark Murray

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has fallen behind Ted Cruz in the national GOP horserace, according to a brand-new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

In the poll, Cruz is the first choice of 28 percent of Republican primary voters, while Trump gets 26 percent. They're followed by Marco Rubio at 17 percent, John Kasich at 11 percent, Ben Carson at 10 percent and Jeb Bush at 4 percent.

continued
  I see !jeb is at 4%. the margin of error could put him lower!  :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:52 pm »
I cannot see whole article....where is !jeb on that poll?

!Jeb! appears so wooden that I believe the poll may be stuck in him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 11:20:03 pm »
!Jeb! appears so wooden that I believe the poll may be stuck in him.

:beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

Cruz tops GOP field for first time in new national poll; voters split over Supreme Court vote

By Tom LoBianco, CNN
Updated 6:00 PM ET, Wed February 17, 2016 | Video Source: CN)

l
Washington (CNN)Ted Cruz has inched ahead of Donald Trump in a new national poll released Wednesday, the first national poll of the 2016 cycle that shows the Texas senator on top of the Republican field.

Cruz has the backing of 28% of Republican voters nationwide, unseating Trump, who won the support of 26% in the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

But Cruz's 2-point edge is within the poll's margin of error, and it's not clear if the survey captures real movement in the race or is simply an outlier.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio comes in third with 17% support, followed by Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 11%, Ben Carson at 10% and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush in last place with 4%.

The results are a major change from last month's NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, when Trump held a 13-point lead over Cruz, 33% to 20%.

"The sound you're hearing is the sound of screams coming from Washington, D.C.," Cruz told supporters at a rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina, on Wednesday afternoon. "But what's happening nationally is indicative of the stakes in this race."

The latest survey was conducted by Republican pollster Bill McInturff and Democratic pollster Peter Hart after Saturday's GOP debate in South Carolina.

McInturff told NBC News it was too early to tell whether the change at the front of the Republican field was permanent or only a temporary "pause."

"When you see a number this different, it means you might be right on top of a shift in the campaign," McInturff said. "What you don't know yet is if the change is going to take place or if it is a momentary 'pause' before the numbers snap back into place."

Trump has continued to dominate the next two Republican contests, however, according to a pair of CNN/ORC polls released this week. In South Carolina, Trump leads Cruz 38%-22%, and in Nevada, Trump is beating Rubio 45%-19%.

Another NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Wednesday found registered voters to be divided on whether the Senate should vote this year on a replacement for late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

Forty-three percent believe the Senate should vote on a replacement this year rather than wait for President Barack Obama's term to end, versus 42% who oppose a vote.

Along party lines, Democrats overwhelmingly support a vote this year, Republicans overwhelmingly reject a vote, and independents are split: 43% in favor and 42% opposed.

Obama has vowed to press forward and submit a nominee to the Senate, despite promises from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell that he would block any vote.

The NBC News/WSJ pollsters contacted 800 registered voters for the question on the Supreme Court, with a margin of error of +/- 3.5 percentage points, and 400 Republican primary voters for the Republican field, with a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Looks like the debate did hurt Trump.  So much for the meme that "Trump leads in every poll.

He doesn't.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Looks like the debate did hurt Trump.  So much for the meme that "Trump leads in every poll.

He doesn't.

The thing about running a campaign like a WWE storyline, people get bored with them quickly and want another storyline. As soon as the royal rumble comes up (ie a primary or two), people expect a new champion/villain/hero/McMahon. They don't want to keep hearing about the last storyline that got old.

It may be why Trump jumped to the Michael Moore/Code Pink side of the house. New storyline, new audience.

I wonder how long until he starts screaming "Can you smell what the Trump is cooking?"

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It may be why Trump jumped to the Michael Moore/Code Pink side of the house. New storyline, new audience.

It says to me that Trump is going to go independent.   There are weak-minded folks on the left,  ripe for the picking. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 02:31:31 am »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It says to me that Trump is going to go independent.   There are weak-minded folks on the left,  ripe for the picking.

Is it your view, that "independent" equals "left?"  If you do, that is inaccurate.

The truth is this: On fiscal issues, independents trend conservative, and on social issues, independents trend liberal.

Those facts happen to be among the primary reasons that they are independent; e.g. they can't find a party with views in line with theirs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:47:52 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 02:47:55 am »
He's Jerry Maguire...and I'm going with him.     :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 02:49:09 am »
There is a God.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 05:33:47 am »
Go Cruz!

Offline Longiron

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 01:19:39 pm »
Before the haters get their knickers wet they might want to look at this link

:whistle:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/02/18/quinnipiac-national-poll-juggernaut-trump-39-gaining-rubio-19-slipping-cruz-18/

:silly:  They're not gonna go look. They found a poll they like. The world makes sense again. Why would they want to upset their apple cart?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

The Trumpshevik will follow him anywhere. Including over a cliff.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:27:19 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 01:29:51 pm »
:beer: Once-Ler I am a Rubio guy, Cruz has always rubbed me the wrong way, but Cruz has my vote if he is the last man standing without hesitation.  :beer:

I'm a Kasich supporter, and feel the same way.   If Cruz is the nominee,  I'll work for his victory.   Rubio, too.  This election is far too important - if Scalia's death doesn't focus the mind regarding what's at stake, then nothing will. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2016, 01:31:25 pm »
:silly:  They're not gonna go look. They found a poll they like. The world makes sense again. Why would they want to upset their apple cart?

Your world will finally make sense when the Dems control the White House,  the Senate and the SCOTUS.   Don't deny you're working for that result.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »

You're still falling for that lie about 'hating' aren't you?  It's bad enough that Longiron keeps making the ludicrous allegation, but you're smarter than that, aligncare.

Tell your Trump buddy to stop the lies, OK? 

Offline Longiron

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2016, 05:22:17 pm »
You're still falling for that lie about 'hating' aren't you?  It's bad enough that Longiron keeps making the ludicrous allegation, but you're smarter than that, aligncare.

Tell your Trump buddy to stop the lies, OK?

To quote Jack Nickelson"You can't handle the TRUTH" From a movie of course! **nononono*

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2016, 05:48:11 pm »
Standard media polling trick, change how you weight the poll to get the story line you want.

The Media never seems to realize that that trick does more damage to their, and their publications, professional reputation then it does affect election outcomes.