Author Topic: Jeb Bush: ‘My Brother’ George ‘Probably The Most Popular President Amongst Republicans’  (Read 510 times)

HAPPY2BME

Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush said Tuesday that his brother – former President George W. Bush – is “probably the most popular president amongst Republicans in this country.”

The former Florida governor was speaking on MSNBC’s Morning Joe and was responding to a question about reported comments from 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney that George W. Bush’s legacy as president would be a burden to his brother.

Jeb Bush denied that his brother has been a factor in his standing in the polls leading up to the GOP primary. An NBC News poll released Tuesday finds Donald Trump with 35 percent of the Republican vote, followed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) with 18 percent, and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) with 13 percent. Bush came in at 6 percent.

“Jeb is being very loyal to his brother which is understandable and even admirable, but he’s wrong about his brother’s standing among Republicans,” Craig Shirley, presidential historian and author of Last Act: The Final Years and Emerging Legacy of Ronald Reagan, tells Breitbart News. “I would dare say that George W. is pulling up the rear far behind Reagan, Lincoln, Eisenhower and George H.W. Bush.”

Bush continued by hammering GOP frontrunner Donald Trump for his admitted past support of the Clinton campaigns.

[Trump] is a buddy of the Clintons,” Bush said. “He’s the only person on the stage who’s given money to Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton’s campaigns and their foundation. I think he’s probably the only guy who’s invited Hillary Clinton to one of his weddings… He’ll get crushed.”

However, in September of 2013 – on the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the United States mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans – Jeb Bush awarded Hillary Clinton the Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Center – of which Bush was chairman of the board of trustees at the time.

“Former Secretary Clinton has dedicated her life to serving and engaging people across the world in democracy,” Bush said in a statement regarding his presentation. “These efforts as a citizen, an activist, and a leader have earned Secretary Clinton this year’s Liberty Medal.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/05/jeb-bush-brother-george-probably-popular-president-amongst-republicans/

HAPPY2BME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnt2cUcAatk

Published on Oct 11, 2015

Jeb Bush Awards Hillary 'Liberty Medal' on Eve of Benghazi Anniversary by DR. SUSAN BERRY 9 Sep 2013 28,998 Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) will honor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with this year’s Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Center. The award will be presented to Clinton on September 10th, the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the United States mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:42:28 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Jeb Bush to Award Hillary 'Liberty Medal' on Eve of Benghazi Anniversary

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) will honor former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with this year’s Liberty Medal from the National Constitution Center. The award will be presented to Clinton on September 10th, the eve of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack on the United States mission in Benghazi that killed four Americans.

The Christian Science Monitor reports that Bush, a potential GOP contender in the 2016 presidential race, is chairman of the board of trustees of the National Constitution Center located in Philadelphia.

“Former Secretary Clinton has dedicated her life to serving and engaging people across the world in democracy,” Bush said in a statement. “These efforts as a citizen, an activist, and a leader have earned Secretary Clinton this year’s Liberty Medal.”

Bush’s decision to honor Clinton, who is considered by some to be a likely Democrat candidate for president in 2016, was condemned by the Independence Hall Tea Party Association of Philadelphia. According to the Christian Science Monitor, the organization released its own statement Monday, referring to the event as “extremely distressing,” and offering, instead, an opportunity for another Liberty Medal recipient.

According to the statement:

As all of you undoubtedly know, much of the blame for the Obama Administration’s failure to contain the Benghazi attack and the scandalous handling of its aftermath, can be traced directly to Ms. Clinton.

Indeed, a Congressional investigation regarding Ms. Clinton’s role in the cover-up of the Administration’s failure is still ongoing.

A newly formed organization, the Independence Hall Foundation, will hold a “What Difference Does It Make” press conference on Independence Mall, September 10, 4 PM, to denounce the selection of Ms. Clinton as the 2013 Liberty Medal recipient and to offer an alternative award (details below).

During the conference, the Foundation will name its choice of recipient(s) for the 2013 Defender of Liberty Medal.

Dom Giordano will headline the presser and we certainly hope you will consider joining us.

A 5 PM Prayer Vigil for the victims of the Benghazi attack will immediately follow the press conference.

The National Constitution Center’s announcement, dated June 27th, about the award of the Liberty Medal to Clinton, states:

As Secretary of State, Clinton advocated for “smart power” in foreign policy, elevating diplomacy and development and repositioning them for the 21st century – with new tools, technologies, and partners, including the private sector and civil society around the world.

National Constitution Center president and CEO Jeffrey Rosen said, “Hillary Clinton has devoted her life to expanding opportunities for ‘We the People’ not just in this country but around the globe.”

Upon the announcement of Clinton’s award in June, Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft wrote, “Really Jeb, no one else came to mind?”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/09/09/jeb-bush-to-award-hillary-clinton-liberty-medal/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:44:51 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline PzLdr

What was it Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. said, "Three generations of imbeciles is enough"? Especially when you roll them into one body, Jebby Noyon's. [My apologies to Jebe - a great Mongol general].
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rivergirl

Watched President GW Bush speak the other night at the rally in SC.  The man reminded me of when we had a real president.  Class, dignity, and honor.  Feel free to disparage the man and elevate the current frontrunner.
There is no doubt that Jeb Bush will not win the SC primary.   Because he just doesn't connect with the voters on any level, either intellectual or emotional.  That does not mean that he did not have the right to run.

Much as the endless bashing of Boehner reached fever pitch, ignoring the voters of his district who elected him.
Seems the loudmouths want to be the one to decide ALL elections, the voter be damned.

We are travelling down a dangerous path.

Offline musiclady

Watched President GW Bush speak the other night at the rally in SC.  The man reminded me of when we had a real president.  Class, dignity, and honor.  Feel free to disparage the man and elevate the current frontrunner.
There is no doubt that Jeb Bush will not win the SC primary.   Because he just doesn't connect with the voters on any level, either intellectual or emotional.  That does not mean that he did not have the right to run.

Much as the endless bashing of Boehner reached fever pitch, ignoring the voters of his district who elected him.
Seems the loudmouths want to be the one to decide ALL elections, the voter be damned.

Seeing GWBush speaking was a good illustration of why Jeb isn't doing well.  W  DID connect with voters.  He has a charisma lacking in his younger brother, a sense of humor and wit that Jeb sorely lacks.

But since the current 'front-runner' is now bashing W, as any good leftist would do,  his lackeys must jump on the bandwagon and bash him from the left as well.

Thus, the posting history of the one who posted this thread......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The loudmouths echo the radio stars, and constitute a small fraction of the total party.

Bashing Boehner and McConnell even though not a single Republican voted for Obamacare.

The GOP will likely lose both the Presidency and the Senate majority.

Upon reflection it will probably turn out that the party was viewed by the overall voters, as too extreme.

But the extremes will hear nothing of that, whatsoever. To them it is all about "my way or burn it down."

That explains the popularity of Trump, too. However people that dwell and dwell on R vs. D completely overlook the largest political party, the 42% Independents.

So reading, ad infinitum that Trump is a democrat, means virtually nothing to them. It is a big "so what" I don't care.

This site was originally called GOP but has since changed. Trump may well gain the nomination, and run as a Republican. Like it or not, it is a smart plan. Had Ross Perot done that, he might have won.

While some of you are classifying, and counting the number of "conservatives" and "Republicans" can fit on the heads of pins, voters are comparing what they hear.

Many listen to the candidates, learn something about them, and decide to go bold for a change.

I am cynical. I find it nearly impossible to trust Cruz. His wife worked for Goldman Sachs. He seems to be like Nixon and Bill Clinton, on both sides of issues, and so slick at talking.

I know what Hillary and Sanders are about, and I don't want it. If Trump is our strongest candidate, so be it.

He says he is against illegal immigration, against sanctuary cities. They can't even block sanctuary cities, in the Texas legislature with a Republican speaker, for gosh sakes.

Swirl that around in your skull. Texas is supposed to be the great place that is smarter, etc.

How come Ted Cruz has not put forth bills about sanctuary cities, about muslim "refugees?" Same for Rubio, btw.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln