Author Topic: S.C. Governor Nikki Haley: Anyone but Trump  (Read 4600 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: S.C. Governor Nikki Haley: Anyone but Trump
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »
Actually, I support Cruz.  But, Trump is sufficiently affluent and powerful to have no need to prostrate himself and sell American ideals to the donor class.

:silly:

He's spent his ENTIRE CAREER prostrating himself to the elite political class.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 10:40:48 pm »
ACU is a establishment joke and propaganda mouthpiece for amnesty.    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/american-conservative-union-chairman-legalize-illegal-aliens

Ted Cruz has a 100 rating.

You better just hide in your bunker November 1.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 10:44:49 pm »
Niki lost me when she had that flag taken down. Showed her true colors.

...her politically correct colors... Talk about bending to the passions of the moment; that's what Gov. Haley did. A nutcase off his meds shoots up a black church and she withered at the slightest hint of a phony media outrage.

We don't need more linguine spine republicans.

Offline flowers

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 10:57:22 pm »
...her politically correct colors... Talk about bending to the passions of the moment; that's what Gov. Haley did. A nutcase off his meds shoots up a black church and she withered at the slightest hint of a phony media outrage.

Absolutely correct.

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 11:23:43 pm »
Bringing up her religion are we? I was so hoping we wouldn't go there, that we here on TBR would be above that.   I could care less that she is a Sikh, and neither do the SC Republicans who give her a favoribility rating as high as Reagan.

You noticed that, too?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:07 pm »
Ted Cruz has a 100 rating.

You better just hide in your bunker November 1.

Won't be long before they start referring to themselves as "the proletariat", will it?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 12:07:13 am »

Did you write "passions of the moment" with a straight face?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 05:31:28 am »
Haley hasn’t achieved everything she campaigned on — notably failing to pass promised ethics reform — but in her first term she “delivered on pro-growth tax cuts,” “pledged to support the elimination of the state income tax in her second term,” and “fought efforts at weakening concealed carry laws and has never wavered from her pro-life conviction,” according to the American Conservative Union, which endorsed her. That sounds like a conservative governor to me. Nevertheless, in 2012, just a year after taking office, the Daily Caller reported that some conservative groups were already at odds with the Palmetto State governor.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429972/tea-party-republican-establishment-rino-nikki-haley-paul-ryan-marco-rubio

This is a visual of what constitutes conservatism today:

https://thelastwire.wordpress.com/2014/06/09/of-true-scotsmen-and-real-conservatives/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:32:49 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 05:49:04 am »
Dr. James Dobson’s Call to S.C.: A Vote for Anyone but Cruz Is a Vote for Trump

There's a winning strategy come November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   THIS will bring home the Reagan Democrats!!!!!!

YEAH, I am really jazzed, now!!!!   

Oh, we never, ever learn.   :boring:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:31 am »
Nikki is a Methodist, not Sikh

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
Niki lost me when she had that flag taken down. Showed her true colors.

Actually it shows leadership, that is, a willingness to make tough decisions not necessarily popular.  The flag was moved to the Statehouse 15 years ago and was seen as representing the State today, which of course it didn't.  She had a very respectful ceremony and had the flag removed to the museum where it is gracefully maintained.

She is one of the most popular governors in the Country with 71% of Republicans, 53% of independents, 40% of Democrats and even 45% of blacks reflecting approval of her governorship.

She is a conservative by any honest measure, which can be verified by "On the Issues".  As she's not a reactionary, that would probably gain her a "RINO" charge in some quarters. 

Whoever gets the nomination should have Haley on their short list for the VP slot.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »
Actually it shows leadership, that is, a willingness to make tough decisions not necessarily popular.  The flag was moved to the Statehouse 15 years ago and was seen as representing the State today, which of course it didn't.  She had a very respectful ceremony and had the flag removed to the museum where it is gracefully maintained.

She is one of the most popular governors in the Country with 71% of Republicans, 53% of independents, 40% of Democrats and even 45% of blacks reflecting approval of her governorship.

She is a conservative by any honest measure, which can be verified by "On the Issues".  As she's not a reactionary, that would probably gain her a "RINO" charge in some quarters. 

Whoever gets the nomination should have Haley on their short list for the VP slot.

Agreed!   Great post. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »
Agreed!   Great post.

Thank you Jazzhead.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!