Author Topic: Trey Gowdy Upset After Fake Facebook Page Claims He Switched Endorsement  (Read 999 times)

HAPPY2BME

South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy is upset after a fake Facebook page surfaced falsely showing him switching his endorsement from Marco Rubio to Ted Cruz in the Republican race for president.

In a statement released by Rubio’s campaign, Gowdy — the chairman of the House Benghazi committee — said: “Its been reported that a fake Facebook page has been used to fool South Carolinians into thinking that I no longer support Marco Rubio and that I’m instead supporting Ted Cruz. Nothing could be further from the truth and I’m demanding that Senator Cruz and his campaign repudiate these dishonest and underhanded tactics.”

The Facebook page has a photo of Gowdy and is called “Trey Gowdy Prayers.” A post on Monday stated: “It is official, I have changed my mind. My previous endorsement of Marco Rubio was a grave mistake…To all my Christian and Conservative friends in South Carolina, I hereby formally endorse Ted Cruz for President of the United States.”

Though there’s no concrete evidence that Cruz’s campaign has anything to do with the Facebook page, Gowdy said: “Unfortunately it appears that the campaign of Senator Ted Cruz may not place the same value on waging a contest based on the truth and facts. In the last week, we have seen a systematic effort by Senator Cruz and his allies to spread false information and outright lies in the hopes of winning votes by appealing to our lowest common denominator.”

Cruz responded to this story on Facebook by denying having any role in the account. “Our campaign had absolutely nothing to do with this fraudulent Facebook post,” he wrote. “This kind of deception is deplorable and nothing like it would be tolerated by this campaign.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/16/trey-gowdy-upset-after-fake-facebook-page-claims-he-switched-endorsement/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trey Gowdy Upset After Fake Facebook Page Claims He Switched Endorsement
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:51:01 am »
Trey Gowdy Accuses Ted Cruz of Fake Facebook Page Claiming He Switched Endorsement

With the South Carolina presidential primary only days away, the Republican race is taking a nasty turn.

After Ben Carson accused Ted Cruz of foul play in Iowa, the other candidates have begun piling on Cruz and branding him a “liar” who uses dirty tactics.

South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy, who supports Marco Rubio, released a statement on Tuesday accusing the Texas Senator of more “dishonest and underhanded tactics.”

Cruz is repudiating accusations from Gowdy that his campaign was involved in creating the fake Facebook account.

Our campaign had absolutely nothing to do with this fraudulent Facebook post. https://t.co/OGMlAsnLPm

— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) February 16, 2016

This kind of deception is deplorable and nothing like it would be tolerated by this campaign. https://t.co/ZUqtCu2Kme

— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) February 16, 2016

From Politico:

“Our campaign had absolutely nothing to do with this fraudulent Facebook post,” Cruz tweeted Tuesday night.

“This kind of deception is deplorable and nothing like it would be tolerated by this campaign,” he continued.

There’s no evidence that Cruz or his campaign were behind this, but Gowdy is accusing him anyway.

That’s disappointing.

Gowdy is usually a straight shooter.

He should know better than to make unsubstantiated accusations without at least some evidence, considering he is a former prosecutor.

Why don’t you investigate it, Gowdy? Maybe you’ll do a better job with that than you have with the Benghazi crimes.

http://www.youngcons.com/trey-gowdy-accuses-ted-cruz-of-fake-facebook-page-claiming-he-switched-endorsement/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:53:27 am by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:55:13 am by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 04:56:35 am »
Who was again that Trey Gowdy is pushing for POTUS?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 04:57:13 am »
Cruz increasingly appears to be very "Nixonesque."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 09:56:30 pm »

===========================

FWIW, Nixon was much more of an 'honest' man than the majority of Republicans who have held that office since.

I still respect him to this day.

Even my father, who had been a Blue Democrat for over sixty years said he got 'a raw deal.'

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 10:20:58 pm »
If we're talking Nixonesque, longtime Nixon admirer and admitted political hitman Roger Stone, who has since left the Republican Party (he's now a big-L Libertarian), is working on Trump's campaign. False flag attacks like these are not beneath him and his associates (I know one of his proteges, Michael Caputo, is also in the Trump camp and is vehemently spreading anti-Cruz material).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 10:21:48 pm »

More likely one of Rubio's shills did it so show pony Gowdy could feign hollow outrage.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 10:44:36 pm »
===========================

FWIW, Nixon was much more of an 'honest' man than the majority of Republicans who have held that office since.

I still respect him to this day.

Even my father, who had been a Blue Democrat for over sixty years said he got 'a raw deal.'
Please don't lecture me on Nixon. I was born in Whittier, my mother went to the same HS and college as him. We had Nixon markets and Nixon restaurants on the boulevard. I grew up in a Republican family, with him as our VP, followed him all along.

When he was ultimately disgraced, it was from his own doing, and no amount of latter day revisionism will convince me otherwise.

He was a brilliant man, no doubt. But like Bill Clinton, he was "honesty challenged," perhaps to the degree of believing his own lies.

He was another slick talking lawyer. Lawyers are trained to be able to argue either side of issues.

Early in his career, Nixon was quoted saying he "could be either a democrat or Republican, it didn't matter."

His undoing was NOT the Watergate break-in. It was the cover-up. But you already knew that.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:19 pm »

Yeah, but the candidate who actually has an enemies list isn't.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 04:01:59 pm »
Please don't lecture me on Nixon. I was born in Whittier, my mother went to the same HS and college as him. We had Nixon markets and Nixon restaurants on the boulevard. I grew up in a Republican family, with him as our VP, followed him all along.

When he was ultimately disgraced, it was from his own doing, and no amount of latter day revisionism will convince me otherwise.

He was a brilliant man, no doubt. But like Bill Clinton, he was "honesty challenged," perhaps to the degree of believing his own lies.

He was another slick talking lawyer. Lawyers are trained to be able to argue either side of issues.

Early in his career, Nixon was quoted saying he "could be either a democrat or Republican, it didn't matter."

His undoing was NOT the Watergate break-in. It was the cover-up. But you already knew that.

==========================

Yes, I am aware.

If what Nixon 'did' is compared to what the Clintons 'have done' and using the same prosecution standards, both Hillary and Bill would never get out of prison.