Author Topic: Question For Trump Supporters Only  (Read 3827 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Question For Trump Supporters Only
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:25:39 pm »
Just curious....

If Trump was/is saying the EXACTsame things but the only difference is he had a D after his name, would you be supporting him...remember you have all agreed with what he has said up until now.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Question For Trump Supporters Only
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:39:59 pm »
No.

And neither would I vote for another establishment Republican either.

If you want to compare Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton or Barry Sanders with anyone, you should be comparing them with the current leadership (Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan) of the Republican party.

Donald Trump is NOT the problem, THEY are.

And that is why trump is burning down the barn, and them with it.

Quite wonderful to witness, if Trump survives it.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
Just curious....

If Trump was/is saying the EXACTsame things but the only difference is he had a D after his name, would you be supporting him...remember you have all agreed with what he has said up until now.

All agree with what he has said or agreed with all that he has said?  Pretty big leap there Myst....

I have no idea if he will make a good president or not, I just know for a fact that the other candidates will not.
All of his noise irritates the h*** out of me, but he is a fighter and that is what we need more than anything else right now.
No more sheep, no more go along to get along....
If he was running on the democratic ticket?  probably not but it would depend on who the "R"'s were able to put up... if the republican stable was nothing but bushes and grahams, then I would probably just stay home.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:48:03 pm »
Just curious....

I don't agree with all he has said, just most of it. No.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:13:45 pm »
Oops.  I've deleted my comment about partial birth abortion since I'm most decidedly NOT a Trump supporter.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:15:18 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »
I don't agree with everything Trump has said and never said I did!

I am at the point that I am so angry with the GOP right now that I do not want to vote for any politician that has had a hand in this sorry mess we are now in.  If the only Republican candidate that is NOT a politician running would be my cat - that is who I would be supporting right now - I am that sick of them!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »
All agree with what he has said or agreed with all that he has said?  Pretty big leap there Myst....

You are correct ED..that was a pretty big leap..as none of us agree completely with the candidate we support....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »
Mind sharing just how you know that?

I'm seriously interested in knowing.

The mess we have is no Obama's fault alone.
Republican administrations and congresses get so worked up over one or two issues that the whole country is circling the drain on its way down.
They think that PP is more important than national security, the next election is more important than the deficit or the perception that they MUST pass a budget no matter how bad because we don't want to be blamed for shutting down the government.

The republicans will not hold administrations responsible for ANYTHING.  We have the VA effectively murdering veterans and where is the outrage from our republican controlled congress?
The United States Department of Treasury, IRS, is penalizing those that disagree with the administration, and yet again our republican controlled congress continues to recess, cash their checks and attend fundraisers and cocktail parties.
The Rules of Engagement are nothing more than forcing our young men and women sitting ducks in a shooting gallery, yet our republican congress does nothing.

I could go on but I think you get my drift, there are several dozen people that should be in prison for fraud, treason and violations of the public trust...
Silence is an endorsement....

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:17 pm »
You are correct ED..that was a pretty big leap..as none of us agree completely with the candidate we support....

:beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »
The republicans will not hold administrations responsible for ANYTHING

This is why I have left the GOP..I am a Conservative without a Party.....but I have to remain a Repub if I want to vote in Il primaries. **nononono*
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 08:06:02 pm »
I thought this thread was for Trump supporters only?  Is this going to turn into another arguing thread where we have to defend our support?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 08:10:06 pm »
I thought this thread was for Trump supporters only?  Is this going to turn into another arguing thread where we have to defend our support?

It is...I am about to lock it....not working out like I thought it would...lol :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »
As others have clarified above, no, I don't agree with everything that Trump has said.

And to answer the main question, yes, I would support and vote for him regardless of what party he was running within.

I say this as someone that has voted for EVERY Republican Presidential nominee of my voting lifetime, up to and including Romney.  I also say it as someone that started my campaigning days for Nixon's second term and that has donated a substantial amount of my dollars and time over these decades (all to Republican candidates).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:56:25 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:00 pm »
Unlocked

The only reason I asked this question is that I had this same conservation with my husband last night who supports Trump..but would not vote for him with a D after his name :huh?:

But I think he has changed his mind after what Trump said about GW Bush....who my hubby and son proudly served under.
Support the USO

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
NO

No difference between the D or R. They are the UNIPARTY and TRUMP is the only one that will do something to FIX this country. All of our lifetimes the politicians ran the show and look where we are at today. Does not matter which party in POWER. They all had one other thing in common, DONORS whom they all answered to. The only time they even talk to the people is election time. Look at the results of what the POLITICIANS have done to the country? TRUMP is NOT a politician and is beholding to NO One because he has NO DONORS who are pulling his strings. He will work for the people not the DONORS. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Lets try a non politician who is not controlled by the political donor class and see what happens. It cannot be any worse that what has happened in most of our lifetimes? :patriot:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:10:30 pm by Longiron »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 09:22:44 pm »

For me it's not about ideology anymore. It's about resolve and toughness, performance record, work ethic and energy, strength on 3 core issues: immigration, national security and jobs. Trump scored 100% on all of it.

My entire family voted democrat until I came along. Why should I hate my family, friends, and coworkers just because they wrongly vote for the (D)?

I just have to work harder to educate them, that's all.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »
Just curious....

Impossible hypothesis. No D would ever say "The next justice needs to be like Scalia. If we could find his double, that would be best". No D would be talking about Immigration or tade in the same fashion he is.

No D would be saying "make America Great Again".

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 09:39:20 pm »
NO

No difference between the D or R. They are the UNIPARTY and TRUMP is the only one that will do something to FIX this country.

Then let him run as an independent.  His stink has no place in the GOP.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »
It is...I am about to lock it....not working out like I thought it would...lol :shrug:

Make a poll.  People can vote and comment.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 10:01:14 pm »
Then let him run as an independent.  His stink has no place in the GOP.

Jazz, my man. I didn't know you were a Trump supporter, buddy. Welcome to the dark side!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 10:15:31 pm »
Jazz, my man. I didn't know you were a Trump supporter, buddy. Welcome to the dark side!

I knew he'd come around!   :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 10:48:53 pm »
For me it's not about ideology anymore. It's about resolve and toughness, performance record, work ethic and energy, strength on 3 core issues: immigration, national security and jobs. Trump scored 100% on all of it.

I fully agree with this.   

And I would add that I'm done with labels.  Especially the "conservative" label.  Conservatives, such as the Sainted Mark Levin,  cost us the election in 2012 by beating Romney absolutely bloody in the primaries because Romney wasn't pure enough.  Even on election day, Mark was so full of himself he didn't even try to rally any remaining voters in his listening area.  Mark Levin gave us four more years of Obama. 

Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh, too, are repeating this mistake.  They will beat the hell out Donald Trump --- the one candidate who appeals across all boundaries --- because he doesn't meet their myopic vision of a Republican president.  They are going to willfully ignore what Trump CAN accomplish for this nation and how badly these accomplishments are needed.  Conservative talk show gurus are once again on track to costing America the leader she needs--right now.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to forgive this.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 11:08:08 pm »
Just curious....

Of course not.  If he was the Democrat,...while I wouldn't vote for him, I surely wouldn't mind if he won.

The object here is to have the strongest, most viable candidate to keep The Left from delivering the coup de grace to Conservatives, and to any God-Fearing American who believes in the Bill of Rights and Constitution.  Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders...and it's over.

Because the next Revolution will be not over race or slavery.  It will be over the Second Amendment.

If Ted Cruz had Bryce Harper's numbers, I may reconsider.

Let's talk Sunday.    :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:59 pm »
I fully agree with this.   

And I would add that I'm done with labels.  Especially the "conservative" label.  Conservatives, such as the Sainted Mark Levin,  cost us the election in 2012 by beating Romney absolutely bloody in the primaries because Romney wasn't pure enough.  Even on election day, Mark was so full of himself he didn't even try to rally any remaining voters in his listening area.  Mark Levin gave us four more years of Obama. 

Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh, too, are repeating this mistake.  They will beat the hell out Donald Trump --- the one candidate who appeals across all boundaries --- because he doesn't meet their myopic vision of a Republican president.  They are going to willfully ignore what Trump CAN accomplish for this nation and how badly these accomplishments are needed.  Conservative talk show gurus are once again on track to costing America the leader she needs--right now.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to forgive this.

Get out of my head!  You are reading my mind - I feel the same way. 

I no longer call myself a "conservative" either.  The term has no meaning to me anymore - in fact - it embarrasses me to use it.  Nowadays, it's used to sell books, gold, food that lasts 25 years, and as a litmus test as to who is "pure" enough and who is not. 

These radio talking heads and "conservative" writers are heavily invested in the lucrative market of conservative labeling.  And where has it got us? 

The only people I see benefiting from it are the ones selling it.  Big money in that.