Author Topic: Rep. Gutierrez on $30 Minimum Wage: ‘I Am For That Goal’  (Read 705 times)

Offline Paladin

Rep. Gutierrez on $30 Minimum Wage: ‘I Am For That Goal’
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:07 am »
There is no good reason why this guy's idiocy on immigration should not also spread to economics.

"Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) recently praised a Las Vegas restaurant for raising its minimum wage to $15 an hour but said he is “for that goal” of $30 an hour.

Gutierrez can be seen making the comments in a series of You Tube videos that show the Democrat speaking to a small group at a Hillary Clinton event during his visit to Nevada earlier this February. 

“We’re working to champion the cause of people - and I’m so excited you guys increased the minimum wage at Taco el Gordo, right?” Gutierrez tells the group.

“$15 an hour, I like that, that’s good. That’s good stuff, you know, so tomorrow I say –hey wait a minute, it should be $30 an hour – are you all going to vote for me?”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/rep-gutierrez-30-minimum-wage-i-am-goal

Yeah, kids, are you going to reward him with your votes?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Rep. Gutierrez on $30 Minimum Wage: ‘I Am For That Goal’
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:09:35 am »
Well, that certainly will speed up the totally automated fast food restaurant transition.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:39:19 pm »
If it keeps going, the Feds are going to have to roll a decimal point over.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »

Rep. Luis Gutierrez pushes for $30 minimum wage: ‘Oh, and a free pony?’
February 15, 2016 | Michael Dorstewitz | 5 Comments | Print Article

Rep. Luis Gutierrez recently praised a group of Las Vegas-area restaurants for increasing their employees’ minimum wage to $15 per hour, then stating that figure is only the beginning — he wants a $30 per hour minimum wage.

“We’re working to champion the cause of people – and I’m so excited you guys increased the minimum wage at Taco el Gordo, right?” the Illinois Democrat told the group.

“$15 an hour, I like that, that’s good. That’s good stuff, you know, so tomorrow I say –hey wait a minute, it should be $30 an hour – are you all going to vote for me?”

“You say, ‘c’mon Gutierrez ain’t nobody’ – but that’s my point,” he said. “I mean you could take this to a point in which you go ‘really? – but we can’t do it.’ Should it be a goal? Oh, man, I am for that goal. I’m for a goal that everybody gets health care. I’m for a goal that everybody gets to go to college regardless of their income. And Latinos more than anyone else know that.”

Folks on social media thought his statement was a case of unabashed pandering coupled with a total ignorance of basic economic theory.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/02/15/rep-luis-gutierrez-pushes-for-30-minimum-wage-oh-and-a-free-pony-306435#ixzz40LtskwMt