Author Topic: Trump and Drudge for the win, again: Matt Drudge’s army is bigger than the RNC’s  (Read 661 times)

Offline aligncare

Yes, Trump got booed by GOP loyalists at the debate. But the reaction that matters, again, was afterwards on Drudge

JIMMY LASALVIA

Well, that was brutal. Wasn’t it? The Republican presidential debate in South Carolina on Saturday night was a real knife fight, and it was cheered on by a vocal audience that made us feel like it was held in the Colosseum. It was unbelievable, like a work of fiction, but it wasn’t. The story of last night’s debate can be told as a Tale of Two Audiences.

If you were gauging by the audience reactions — or the pundits after on cable news — you would think that the frontrunner for the Republican nomination, Donald Trump, had a really rough night. Every time he opened his mouth he was met with loud boos. When the others spoke, especially Jeb Bush, they were cheered loudly. The analysts after, once again, wondered if Trump had gone too far. Trump, meanwhile, in his “Spin Room” interviews after the debate touted the early numbers on Drudge calling him the winner. Do we really still need to debate which analysis matters more?

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/14/trump_and_drudge_for_the_win_again_matt_drudges_army_is_bigger_than_the_rncs/

Offline sinkspur

I'm sure all of you remember those "polls" in past cycles in which Ron Paul's acolytes flooded online polls and won every one of them. 

The Drudge poll is a self-selecting poll, meaning people choose to respond to it. It is not scientific, since there is no way to get a representative sample of the electorate in a self-selecting poll

In other words, the Drudge poll can be manipulated, as it no doubt was.  I could vote six or eight times, depending on how many browsers I signed in on, how many computers I have, or how many different email addresses I chose to use.

THe only scientific poll released so far, from GK, has Rubio the winner over Cruz by eight points.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.