Author Topic: TAMPA TRUMP CROWD of THOUSANDS Do ‘The Wave’ …AND IT’S HUUUGE! (Video) - biggest political rallies in Southern history  (Read 2805 times)

HAPPY2BME

On Thursday night in Baton Rouge Donald Trump spoke to 12,000 supporters at the River Center.

Donald Trump broke the attendance record set by Elton John by 4,000 people.

Tonight, GOP front-runner Donald Trump took his anti-establishment message to a room of roughly 12,000 supporters (with 3,000 supporters outside) in Baton Rouge, La. making it the largest event ever at the state capital’s River Center.

The Hayride‘s Kevin Boyd attended the event and said that compared to Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) event last month in Baton Rouge, Trump’s event had more women and young people attending. The Trump rally was so well-attended, it surpassed Elton John’s 8,000 crowd record at the Baton Rouge River Center.

The event was so packed, that it was delayed by more than 30 minutes so that supporters (who were wrapped around the venue) could make it inside to see Trump.

Here’s Trump’s entire Baton Rouge rally (Trump appears at about an one hour in) and all the photos from maybe one of the biggest political rallies in Southern history, FIVE THOUSAND waiting to get in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_a4mEl-lp0

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/breaking-donald-trump-breaks-elton-johns-record-in-louisiana-by-4000-people/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
God Love him!        :laugh:

IMO, it's about time all you cranky SOBs in here get with the program.      :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

IMO, it's about time all you cranky SOBs in here get with the program.      :chairbang:

================================

Online Intergroup : Alcoholics Anonymous

HAPPY2BME

Progressive Republicans, globalist elitists, La Raza, George Soros, Rupert Murdoch, Megyn Kelly, those profiting from illegal alien labor from Mexico, the president of Mexico, and those profiting from outsourcing the entire American industrial complex overseas are not going to like this. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:21:46 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Longiron

:xedfingers:

HAPPY2BME

anti-Establishment

: opposed to established authority

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:26:25 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup3:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

On Thursday night in Baton Rouge Donald Trump spoke to 12,000 supporters at the River Center.

Donald Trump broke the attendance record set by Elton John by 4,000 people.

Tonight, GOP front-runner Donald Trump took his anti-establishment message to a room of roughly 12,000 supporters (with 3,000 supporters outside) in Baton Rouge, La. making it the largest event ever at the state capital’s River Center.

The Hayride‘s Kevin Boyd attended the event and said that compared to Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) event last month in Baton Rouge, Trump’s event had more women and young people attending. The Trump rally was so well-attended, it surpassed Elton John’s 8,000 crowd record at the Baton Rouge River Center.

The event was so packed, that it was delayed by more than 30 minutes so that supporters (who were wrapped around the venue) could make it inside to see Trump.

Here’s Trump’s entire Baton Rouge rally (Trump appears at about an one hour in) and all the photos from maybe one of the biggest political rallies in Southern history, FIVE THOUSAND waiting to get in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_a4mEl-lp0

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/breaking-donald-trump-breaks-elton-johns-record-in-louisiana-by-4000-people/

This rally was INCREDIBLE!  Thanks for posting the pictures!    :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOcYTOBA0CI

Couldn't attend a Trump venue.  Because I'm afraid that I'd start behaving like this.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Trump's crowds are piddly compared to those of another populist demagogue, Huey Long:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:07:02 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

What both Long and Trump prove is that there is gold in appealing to the basest tribal instincts of human beings.

Offline DCPatriot

What both Long and Trump prove is that there is gold in appealing to the basest tribal instincts of human beings.

And they vote..... :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

Offline sinkspur

And they vote..... :laugh:

And I'm grateful for your acknowledgement that Trump inspires the worst in his fellow countrymen.  Between him and Sanders, this could get really ugly.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:27:24 pm by sinkspur »

Offline DCPatriot

And I'm grateful for your acknowledgement that Trump inspires the worst in his fellow countrymen.  Between him and Sanders, this could get really ugly.

LOL!  I'm grateful of no such thing, Sink!   :laugh:

You used Huey Long's crowd photo as a comparison. 

You could have used Pope John Paul II's crowd in Washington, DC back in 1979....but of course, you didn't.

OTOH, I do respect and thank you for not using a photo of Adolph Hitler's rallies.     :beer:

Offline andy58-in-nh

As there always has been. In spite of our best efforts to tame it, human nature remains unchanged, and unchangeable. When given a choice between admitting of complexity and a need for caution on one hand, and being provided free and easy answers on the other, people will almost always choose the latter. And they will do so with astonishing speed when told convincingly that nothing is their fault, and nothing their responsibility.

That said, I don't know that I'd quite compare Mr. Trump to the Kingfish, whose populist broadsides were nonetheless said to contain numerous polysyllabic words, and others implying a knowledge of Scripture and of the Constitution.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lando Lincoln

It's the size of the crowds that matters?  The populist fervor? 

I never knew.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

LOL!  I'm grateful of no such thing, Sink!   :laugh:

You used Huey Long's crowd photo as a comparison. 

You could have used Pope John Paul II's crowd in Washington, DC back in 1979....but of course, you didn't.

OTOH, I do respect and thank you for not using a photo of Adolph Hitler's rallies.     :beer:

John Paul II was not a foul-mouthed flip-flopping abortion lover who advocated raising taxes on every American. 

Offline flowers

:laugh:

Offline katzenjammer

It's the size of the crowds that matters?  The populist fervor? 

I never knew.

It is certainly part of the equation if a candidate wants to inspire people to phone bank, walk door to door, and VOTE for them!  (Especially when part of the strategy is to attract people that gave up on voting long ago, or never voted at all.)

Offline Frank Cannon

That's nice that Trump has a yuuge crowd, but the bigger news is that this is taking place in FL. Isn't there a pretty big deal coming up in SC in the near future? Also there are 23 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and DC contests even before we get to FL. Why would you skip out on doing some serious campaigning in the SC contest when there is such a short amount of time to do it?

And before anyone sites his lead in the polls as a reason to push in the clutch and coast, remember IA and the alleged lead he had there.

Offline Lando Lincoln

It is certainly part of the equation if a candidate wants to inspire people to phone bank, walk door to door, and VOTE for them!  (Especially when part of the strategy is to attract people that gave up on voting long ago, or never voted at all.)

Perhaps.  But it will never be a criteria for me to choose a candidate.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

HonestJohn

John Paul II was not a foul-mouthed flip-flopping abortion lover who advocated raising taxes on every American.

Nor was he a politician.

Offline katzenjammer

Perhaps.  But it will never be a criteria for me to choose a candidate.

Well that was my point, he isn't specifically holding these rallies to attract a politically-informed, consistent voter like yourself!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:10:36 am by Once-Ler »