Author Topic: 13th severed foot found along shore on Vancouver Island  (Read 1256 times)

rangerrebew

13th severed foot found along shore on Vancouver Island
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:00:56 am »
13th severed foot found along shore on Vancouver Island

By Karen Graham     14 hours ago in World

Vancouver - Finding severed feet inside shoes is not that unusual in British Columbia these days. As a matter of fact, a BC couple visiting the west coast of Vancouver Island this past weekend came across a shoe with a foot still inside, the 13th find since 2007.

Charlotte Stephens and her family were visiting the west coast of Vancouver Island over the weekend, and while they were strolling along Botanical Beach her husband made the gruesome discovery.

"He picked it up and brought it out onto the beach, and we had a look at it for about five minutes and we thought, it almost looks like there is an actual foot bone in it," she was quoted as saying by CBC News Canada. She says they reported their find to the Sooke RCMP.

The National Post is reporting the B.C. Coroners Service has confirmed the foot is human and an investigation is under way to identify whose foot it is and the cause of death.

Investigators said it can be difficult to determine whose remains were in the shoe or how long the shoe was in the water. Ocean currents can also be a factor. But they do have at least one clue, based on the shoe's style and manufacturer.

Regional coroner Matt Brown says the shoe in question came on the market sometime in March 2013. "So I think it's fair to say we are looking for someone gone missing from March 2013 and December 2015," he said.

"That's why we're working with our police counterparts and through our own information to determine who may be missing in the area to perhaps use that as a starting point."

The B.C. Coroners Office spokeswoman, Barbara McLintock said that at this time there is no indication of foul play, according to VanCity Buzz. Since 2007, 13 dismembered feet have washed up on British Columbia's shores. Ten of those feet have been identified as belonging to seven people. Most of the cases turned out to be suicides.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/another-severed-foot-is-found-along-vancouver-island-shoreline/article/457156#ixzz3zqtBKD00

Offline PzLdr

Re: 13th severed foot found along shore on Vancouver Island
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:05 am »
Long John Silver?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:13:25 am »
I seem to vaguely recall another report of feet in shoes washing up or being discovered somewhere. IIRC,this was more than 10 years ago.

That's all I remember,though. I don't remember where,when,or if there was ever an explanation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:14:16 pm »
13?  That's unlucky.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:31:02 pm »
The one-armed one-footed man from the Fugitive?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:43:22 pm »
“Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:14:21 pm »
The one-armed one-footed man from the Fugitive?

Somebody tells him the law is on his trail,and he gets a-hopping!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 07:44:34 pm »
They have found them here on the shores of Washington too, and  I’ve read every theory on these, from the wild & crazy conspiracy nut stuff,  to simple explanations.  The most logical explanation is the foot protected inside  a shoe is the slowest part of the body to be effected by everything that destroys remains in the cold waters of the Northwest – crabs, shrimp, sea worms, fish, etc. 

Where are those Mythbuster guys when you need them?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 08:36:09 pm »
They have found them here on the shores of Washington too, and  I’ve read every theory on these, from the wild & crazy conspiracy nut stuff,  to simple explanations.  The most logical explanation is the foot protected inside  a shoe is the slowest part of the body to be effected by everything that destroys remains in the cold waters of the Northwest – crabs, shrimp, sea worms, fish, etc.

Well, ok, NCD, but where do the bodies come from?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »
Common core math  Please solve the following:

13 dismembered feet have washed up on British Columbia's shores. Ten of those feet have been identified as belonging to seven people.  How many pairs of feets need to belong to the  identified peoples?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:37 pm »
Common core math  Please solve the following:

13 dismembered feet have washed up on British Columbia's shores. Ten of those feet have been identified as belonging to seven people.  How many pairs of feets need to belong to the  identified peoples?

None.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 09:01:00 pm »
None.

Arrrrr.... what I wouldn't give for ten good toes.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 09:05:20 pm »
Arrrrr.... what I wouldn't give for ten good toes.

Possession in nine tenths of the law.

Right now the feet belong to the Coroner's office.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx