Author Topic: Trump: Border wall will cost $8 billion  (Read 523 times)

HAPPY2BME

Trump: Border wall will cost $8 billion
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »
Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN)Donald Trump estimated on Tuesday that it will cost about $8 billion to build the wall he has promised to erect on the U.S.'s southern border if elected president.

Trump has vowed to force Mexico to pay for the border wall and said Tuesday on MSNBC that the hefty $8 billion price tag "is a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico" on trade.

"The wall is probably $8 billion, which is a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico. We lose a tremendous amount of trade deficits. We have a trade deficit with Mexico that is astronomical, much bigger than that. We will get -- and I say it also is also part of my plan -- Mexico is going to play for the wall," he said.

Trump's proposal to build a wall on the U.S.'s southern border and his hardline immigration policies have become central to the billionaire's presidential campaign. But Tuesday marked the first time he has tacked a specific dollar amount to his border wall proposal.

Trump said he came up with the figure by "multiplying the number of miles by a certain number."

"I'm taking price per square foot and price per square, you know, per mile, and it's a very simple calculation," Trump said, noting that he would need to erect about 1,000 miles of border wall along the 2,000-mile long border because of natural barriers along certain parts.

Trump's pledge to make Mexico pay for the wall drew harsh criticism just days earlier from former Mexican President Felipe Calderon.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall, and they need to know that," Calderon had said. "And it's going to be completely useless."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/09/politics/donald-trump-border-wall-cost-8-billion/index.html

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump: Border wall will cost $8 billion
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:18 pm »
Progressive Republicans are the ones who won't read articles like this.

It may cost them money.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:49:14 pm »
Progressive Republicans are the ones who won't read articles like this.

It may cost them money.

They're too busy trying to portray concerned citizens as xenophobes for wanting a wall.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:51:58 pm »
They're too busy trying to portray concerned citizens as xenophobes for wanting a wall.

==========================

progressive

: a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas

: using or interested in new or modern ideas especially in politics and education

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 11:07:36 pm »
just read a article..........
Illinois Democratic Senate candidate Rep. Tammy Duckworth said on Monday that politicians are contributing to the rise of Islamic terrorists in the United States by calling for stricter immigration laws

http://freebeacon.com/politics/house-democrat-u-s-muslims-are-being-radicalized-by-politicians-calling-for-border-control/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:55 pm »
just read a article..........
http://freebeacon.com/politics/house-democrat-u-s-muslims-are-being-radicalized-by-politicians-calling-for-border-control/

Illinois Democratic Senate candidate Rep. Tammy Duckworth said on Monday that politicians are contributing to the rise of Islamic terrorists in the United States by calling for stricter immigration laws

Jane Fonda said the same thing.  New meme?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 11:37:41 pm »
The wall will never get built.  No matter who's president.

Trump knows how to play the "hold mah beer" crowd.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:38:30 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:07 am »
The wall will never get built.  No matter who's president.

Trump knows how to play the "hold mah beer" crowd.

===========================

Probably. 

probably

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 02:43:00 am »
The Leftists always say that crap, to the stupid and the unwashed. By opposing our domination of you, you only make us stronger.

This meme goes back to the Roman Empire.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:04:42 am »
But the cost should be $0.    Mexico's paying for it, right?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 04:11:34 am »
Trump not building the wall right out of the gate will make George Herbert Walker Bush's "Read My Lips" broken promise look minor by comparison.

It's gonna be built.  It's gonna happen.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »
Trump: Wall With Mexico $8B, 'Very Simple Calculation ... I'm Very Good at That'

Donald Trump said he's crunched the numbers, and the wall he vows to build to keep illegal immigrants out of the United States will cost $8 billion.

In an interview with MSNBC on Tuesday the GOP front-runner called the figure "a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico."

"The wall is probably $8 billion," he declared. "All I’m doing is I’m multiplying the number of miles by a certain number — it’s a very simple number … I’m very good at that."

"What we’re doing is we have 2,000 miles, right? … not 13,000 miles like they have in China," he added. "And of the 2,000, we don’t need 2,000, we need a thousand because we have natural barriers, et cetera, et cetera. And I’m taking a price per square foot, you know, and a price per square mile. And it’s a very simple calculation."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-wall-mexico-8-million/2016/02/09/id/713535/?ns_mail_uid=59739026&ns_mail_job=1654136_02092016&s=al&dkt_nbr=x3pbzygd

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 05:36:27 pm »
$8 Billion is $4.013Million/Mile (1993.4 miles)

The cost for new highway construction (which should be far less than a secured wall) is up to $9.4Million/mile.
http://www.americandreamcoalition.org/highways/HighwayCosts.pdf

IE, he is probably pulling the numbers out of his a**. Or as he calls it in The Art of the Deal- Truthful Hyperbole.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:40:32 pm by AbaraXas »