Author Topic: Updated: NH staff at pro-Carson super PAC quits to volunteer for Cruz  (Read 353 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Updated: NH staff at pro-Carson super PAC quits to volunteer for Cruz

Five paid staffers’ last day was Sunday, call Cruz a ‘conservative who can win’

http://www.wmur.com/politics/nh-staff-at-procarson-super-pac-quits-to-volunteer-for-cruz/37366860
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Re: Updated: NH staff at pro-Carson super PAC quits to volunteer for Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:30:46 pm »
I think Carson has a mean streak in him.  His attitude toward Cruz really turned me off toward Carson.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 04:42:10 pm »
You can argue that Cruz or Rubio jumping on the CNN story/tweet about Carson suspending his campaign was unfair or dirty tricks, but Carson has done nothing to show he's actually serious about working for the vote. You don't take a week off between IA and NH, period.

And he's bypassing NH to boot, so it doesn't surprise me that his staff there has bolted. Whether CNN had brought it up then or not, people now for sure would be buzzing about whether he's continuing in the race. You create an impression with your actions, people are going to talk, and consequences follow.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:43:52 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 04:50:57 pm »
You can argue that Cruz or Rubio jumping on the CNN story/tweet about Carson suspending his campaign was unfair or dirty tricks, but Carson has done nothing to show he's actually serious about working for the vote. You don't take a week off between IA and NH, period.

And he's bypassing NH to boot, so it doesn't surprise me that his staff there has bolted. Whether CNN had brought it up then or not, people now for sure would be buzzing about whether he's continuing in the race. You create an impression with your actions, people are going to talk, and consequences follow.

I have a friend (an economist) who worked for the Carson campaign for a time. If the stories my friend relates are true (I have absolutely no reason to doubt them) the Ben Carson we see is not the same as the same as the Ben Carson those who work for him see.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien