Author Topic: Ted Cruz Requests Private Meeting With Ben Carson  (Read 2742 times)

Offline flowers

Ted Cruz Requests Private Meeting With Ben Carson
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:18:25 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/07/carson-2/

Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson announced Sunday that rival
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
97%
had apologized to him on Saturday evening for his campaign’s behavior in Iowa, and also asked to meet with him privately.

According to the Washington Post, Cruz approached Carson during a commercial break at Saturday’s Republican presidential debate in New Hampshire and requested a private meeting.

“He said he’s sorry that this happened and he wants to sit down and talk,” Carson said in an interview with The Washington Post. “He wants to discuss the whole thing and clear the air.”

The retired neurosurgeon said he mostly listened when his Republican rival approached him on stage but did agree to hear Cruz out in the coming days. They did not set a date.

“To be determined,” Carson said when asked where they may meet. “Doesn’t matter.”

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Ted Cruz Requests Private Meeting With Ben Carson
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »
If Cruz was really sorry it happened, some heads would roll. 

Famous Dukakis quote:

"A fish rots from the head down."

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:45:06 pm »
I was shocked by Carson's behavior in the debate.  He seemed to want to hold onto a grudge, even with all the evidence that says that he was partially at fault for what happened, Cruz' crew didn't do anything out of line or that Rubio's crew didn't do, and it was no big deal to start with.  Maybe the vicious race is getting to Carson; this really seems uncharacteristic from what I think I know of him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:45:37 pm »
Too late, when Carson drops he's going to endorse Trump.

Because Trump compared him to a pedophile?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »
Because Trump compared him to a pedophile?

No, because Carson is friendlier with Trump than with any other candidate.  I think Trump's actually developed a relationship with him.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 09:54:28 pm »
I was shocked by Carson's behavior in the debate.  He seemed to want to hold onto a grudge, even with all the evidence that says that he was partially at fault for what happened, Cruz' crew didn't do anything out of line or that Rubio's crew didn't do, and it was no big deal to start with.  Maybe the vicious race is getting to Carson; this really seems uncharacteristic from what I think I know of him.

Carson partially at fault for CNN falsely reporting he quit?  Not sure how you got there...

The media made a stink out of this long before Carson got on the stump about it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
Cruz cannot have relationships both ways. He cannot pride himself on not getting along with his Senate colleagues, then turn around and smooze up to Carson.

Cruz is starting to "reap the whirlwind" of that approach. What goes around, comes around.

Note: If Trump compared Carson's  youth violence to pedophilia, it was from the standpoint of it being a severe personality disorder; e.g.. if acute, not reversible. Carson said it was not so. And neither have spoken of it, since.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 10:07:32 pm »
Carson partially at fault for CNN falsely reporting he quit?  Not sure how you got there...

The media made a stink out of this long before Carson got on the stump about it.

CNN takes issue with that characterization of their reporting,

Short video: http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1354803

(Worth watching if you are interested in their perspective on the issue.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:08:13 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »
No, because Carson is friendlier with Trump than with any other candidate.  I think Trump's actually developed a relationship with him.

Both Carson and Trump are friendly and like people. Or, so I've heard.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:41 pm »

Thanks Katz... had not seen that....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »

Well....because Carson said he was "going home to Florida" right before the caucus started.  Not going on to NH or SC, but "home to Florida".  Some very dedicated eager beavers in the Rubio and Cruz camps interpreted that as "not going on to NH or SC".  It was an odd tweet at an odd time.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 10:21:21 pm »
Well....because Carson said he was "going home to Florida" right before the caucus started.  Not going on to NH or SC, but "home to Florida".  Some very dedicated eager beavers in the Rubio and Cruz camps interpreted that as "not going on to NH or SC".  It was an odd tweet at an odd time.

Yea... Katz put me back on the straight and narrow...  :beer:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 10:29:45 pm »

Thanks for that link Katz.  CNN showing tweets to back up their view that Cruz is lying about this. 

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 10:46:21 pm »
This is still a story?  Any misunderstandings are between Carson and CNN.  Period.

Incidentally, Carson DID go to Florida and DC and didn't show in NH until the debate.   He's laying staffers off.

If his campaign isn't suspended, it sure looks like it should be.

And, I wouldn't just assume that all the Carson supporters are going to Trump.  I would wager that Cruz gets a larger share of that constituency than Trump.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »
Both Carson and Trump are friendly and like people. Or, so I've heard.

You ever hear the Glenn Beck montage of Trump's bullying vulgarity?

"Who are these sons of bitches who set up this mike?  Don't pay these people George.'  Because his microphone was popping at some event.  Someone got stiffed their bill.  Well, if you stiff folks to the tune of $4.7 billion, what is another $1000 to some local A/V company?

Yeah, he's a real friendly guy.   John McCain isn't a "hero", Carly is "ugly".  Rick Perry needs an IQ test   Blah, blah, blah.

Donald Trump is a jerk.  He's Mr. Sweetheart before he jumps on his 757 and jets back to Manhattan each night.  A real "man of the people."

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 10:59:22 pm »
This is still a story?  Any misunderstandings are between Carson and CNN.  Period.

Incidentally, Carson DID go to Florida and DC and didn't show in NH until the debate.   He's laying staffers off.

If his campaign isn't suspended, it sure looks like it should be.

And, I wouldn't just assume that all the Carson supporters are going to Trump.  I would wager that Cruz gets a larger share of that constituency than Trump.

Carson has made it clear that he is not blaming CNN - his gripe is with the Cruz Campaign. 

Doesn't matter if or when Carson drops out - he hadn't dropped out that night.  He was rushing to get out of Iowa before a blizzard - like the other candidates were.  It is not up to Cruz or his people to interpret that how they see fit and then broadcast it the way they did. 

Don't care where Carson's people go - but I hope they do it with their eyes wide open and see Cruz and his people for what they did - and what they did....doesn't look very "Christian".....just looks like plain old dirty and underhanded politics. 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 11:01:01 pm »

"Who are these sons of bitches who set up this mike?  Don't pay these people George.'  Because his microphone was popping at some event.  Someone got stiffed their bill.  Well, if you stiff folks to the tune of $4.7 billion, what is another $1000 to some local A/V company?

Yeah, he's a real friendly guy.   John McCain isn't a "hero", Carly is "ugly".  Rick Perry needs an IQ test   Blah, blah, blah.

Donald Trump is a jerk.  He's Mr. Sweetheart before he jumps on his 757 and jets back to Manhattan each night.  A real "man of the people."

Deflection.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 11:06:32 pm »

...I meant to add "one-on-one," to my comment. In person, Donald Trump likes people and is personally gracious.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 12:13:31 am »

Carson's people are ENTIREly to blame IMHO!  When asked a question about their future plans right in the middle of the caucuses the answer should have been a simple "We will cross that bridge when we get to it! Right now we are trying to win in Iowa!" If that had happened none of this would have happened!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 12:38:39 am »
Carson's people are ENTIREly to blame IMHO!  When asked a question about their future plans right in the middle of the caucuses the answer should have been a simple "We will cross that bridge when we get to it! Right now we are trying to win in Iowa!" If that had happened none of this would have happened! 

This was posted  up thread by Katzenjammer---it's worth seeing, Bigun:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1354803

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 12:40:25 am »
Carson said in an interview with The Washington Post. “He wants to discuss the whole thing and clear the air.”

Translation:  Cruz want this to go away--badly.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 12:45:09 am »
Since when is it the responsibility of the Cruz campaign to broadcast the Carson campaign schedule? If Carson intended to suspend his campaign, it would be up to him to put that information out. Not Cruz.

It is possible that Cruz misunderstood the CNN tweets. But the only reason he repeated them was to get Carson's votes. If Carson had said, 'we will see', Cruz would have done nothing.

I think Cruz knew what he was doing. Whether or not it was an honest mistake, that is something only Cruz knows.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:03 am »
This was posted  up thread by Katzenjammer---it's worth seeing, Bigun:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1354803

So how does that change anything I said?

I continue to believe that the root of it ALL is with Carson's people!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:55 am »
So how does that change anything I said?

I continue to believe that the root of it ALL is with Carson's people! 

We will agree to disagree on this.   :beer: