Author Topic: Will The GOP Establishment Steal The 2016 Nomination From Trump? - 'Rule 40B'  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It sounds like if Trump wins, you plan to join the Hillary or Sanders campaign. I am sure they would welcome your wise counsel.

I'll be sure to vote for Pat Toomey for Senate.   That's a vitally important race,  and ample reason for me not to stay home. 

It seems to me that your view of the situation is fringe and emotional in the extreme. If you plan to leave the Republican party if Trump wins, you should start packing your bags now. I am sure the rest of us will miss you, but will do just fine without you.

I will not support a demagogue.  You will.   You say I'm emotional.  I say I have self-respect.   

Perhaps, and this is just a theory, it is not the 40 - 50% who support Trump who should run Independent. Maybe it is you who is in the wrong party? You certainly are not with the mainstream flow of the Republican base. That is shown in every poll.

If the Republican base embraces Trumpism, you are absolutely correct.  I will then be in the wrong party.   A party that let itself get hoodwinked into selling its soul.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Damn right I mean by any means necessary.  Let the turd run as an independent.  Not in my party.

Then you just lost Iowa, because Iowa Republicans will stay home if the process is tampered with like that. It would damage the party  for a generation, if not  completely destroy it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:55:13 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

HAPPY2BME

Campaigns secretly prep for brokered GOP convention

Candidates, outside groups and party officials are quietly maneuvering for a nomination fight that goes all the way to the bitter end.

Bill Cipher

If the Republican base embraces Trumpism, you are absolutely correct.  I will then be in the wrong party.   A party that let itself get hoodwinked into selling its soul.

I tend to agree.  And I would paraphrase from Reagan:  I didn't leave the republican party, the republican party left me.

Offline aligncare

Campaigns secretly prep for brokered GOP convention

Candidates, outside groups and party officials are quietly maneuvering for a nomination fight that goes all the way to the bitter end.

I suppose they might get away with something like that if it were a milquetoast like Romney. But they don't know the hell they would unleash if they tried that with Donald J Trump. He don't take no backroom political-establishment BS. Nor, do his supporters.

Offline sinkspur

I suppose they might get away with something like that if it were a milquetoast like Romney. But they don't know the hell they would unleash if they tried that with Donald J Trump. He don't take no backroom political-establishment BS. Nor, do his supporters.

Then go start your own party.  I will not associate with racists and bigots and that's what Trump's supporters are if they do not denounce him for refusing to denounce the KKK and David Duke.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Then go start your own party.  I will not associate with racists and bigots and that's what Trump's supporters are if they do not denounce him for refusing to denounce the KKK and David Duke.

We'll stay in our own party, thank you very much.  Some people have a difference of opinion with you on how to deal with such things.  I happen to believe that to denounce such craziness is to give publicity and attention to these vile entities - which is WHY they are doing it! 

Some things are just beneath the dignity of one to respond to - and are done to create undesirable attention.  Just like with the tax-form thing - it is an issue that is created to divert attention from things that are really important.  It is a classic progressive/liberal/Democrat tactic.  Our candidates would be wise not to fall for them and just move on talking about the issues that matter to them and to the American people - REAL issues, not manufactured ones.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Bill Cipher

Trump is the consummate insider. 

Bill Cipher

We'll stay in our own party, thank you very much.  Some people have a difference of opinion with you on how to deal with such things.  I happen to believe that to denounce such craziness is to give publicity and attention to these vile entities - which is WHY they are doing it! 

Some things are just beneath the dignity of one to respond to - and are done to create undesirable attention.  Just like with the tax-form thing - it is an issue that is created to divert attention from things that are really important.  It is a classic progressive/liberal/Democrat tactic.  Our candidates would be wise not to fall for them and just move on talking about the issues that matter to them and to the American people - REAL issues, not manufactured ones.

Of course you would. 

Offline sinkspur

Q:  Do you denounce the KKK?

A   Yes, I denounce them.

See how easy that is?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

Well, one way or the other... the two factions are incompatible with each other.  If this isn't just election year 'passion', then there will have to be a split.