Author Topic: Doritos Super Bowl 50 Commercial 2016 Crash the Super Bowl Finalist Ultrasound  (Read 902 times)

Offline Paladin

I did not watch the Super Bowl so I wonder how many of those who did saw this ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko7GuDOv4BM

Some others saw it, too.

"But NARAL Pro-Choice America cried foul, saying the commercial used an “antichoice tactic by humanizing fetuses.” Here’s the group’s entire protesting tweet:

NARAL  ‎@NARAL 

#NotBuyingIt - that @Doritos ad using #antichoice tactic of humanizing fetuses & sexist tropes of dads as clueless & moms as uptight. #SB50"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/07/naral-pro-choice-america-slams-super-bowl-commercial-for-using-antichoice-tactic-wait-until-you-see-what-it-is/

Pro-deathers are just so pathetic.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe their crap. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Wingnut

I believe the ad was voted the best of the SB 50 ads.

But then the bar was set pretty low this year.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I saw it, it got a good laugh out of me.

As far as NARAL, those who commit genocide love to dehumanize their victims to make themselves feel better about it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
When I saw that ad I mentioned to my wife that the pro-abortion folks are going to have a field day with that one.  I was kidding, but apparently NARAL wasn't.    "Humanizing fetuses"?   So that's the new politically incorrect sin?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I didn't find that ad the least bit funny, maybe because Doritos has run so many variations on the same motif (unexpected items craving Doritos) for years now that it's lost its humor.

But I do find NARAL's complaint about humanizing something that is already human funny. They've officially crossed into PETA-like trolling with that tweet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024