Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Rubio Strongest GOP Candidate, Would Defeat Hillary  (Read 5623 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Quinnipiac: Rubio Strongest GOP Candidate, Would Defeat Hillary
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »
Yep.

And he looks like Grandpa Munster.

Mrs. Lando and I pay attention to things - at least, I like to think so.  My wife often makes interesting remarks so she startled me when she said this about Ted Cruz:

"He's creepy."

It startled me because it required no analysis and it was the most simple statement she has made about these candidates. 

Luis - he does have a square noggin, doesn't he?

But, I will adhere to my Yellow Dog Rule.  To wit; if the Republicans nominate a yellow dog, I will vote for it over any Democrat available today.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 03:16:28 pm »

Defeats Hillary? Part speculation, part wishful thinking.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 03:20:08 pm »
Mrs. Lando and I pay attention to things - at least, I like to think so.  My wife often makes interesting remarks so she startled me when she said this about Ted Cruz:

"He's creepy."

It startled me because it required no analysis and it was the most simple statement she has made about these candidates. 

Luis - he does have a square noggin, doesn't he?

But, I will adhere to my Yellow Dog Rule.  To wit; if the Republicans nominate a yellow dog, I will vote for it over any Democrat available today.

My wife says the same thing.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »

Oh, and the general consensus in the group I run with is: Cruz is creepy. Translation, not a devout nuns prayer he takes the nomination.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 03:25:12 pm »

Ted Cruz IS Mr. Haney!

http://youtu.be/jjPo_n5qRuA

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 03:32:12 pm »
My husband, Mike has the same reaction to Cruz as others here...calls him a used car salesman[no offense to used car salesmen]...he supports Rubio.

I just don't share others opinion of Cruz..I like him..I like what he says...and hope he wins the nomination....but in the long run I will vote for whoever wins it as I have had to do in the last several elections.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 03:34:44 pm »
My husband, Mike has the same reaction to Cruz as others here...calls him a used car salesman[no offense to used car salesmen]...he supports Rubio.

I just don't share others opinion of Cruz..I like him..I like what he says...and hope he wins the nomination....but in the long run I will vote for whoever wins it as I have had to do in the last several elections.

As far as I know running for President is not a beauty contest!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 03:35:05 pm »
Right there with you.  Might vote for Cruz in a general but not Trump.

I've stated the same, several times. Trump is the only one I would not vote for, and if he is the nominee, it will be the first time in my 40 Years of voting that I would excersize my right to write-in a candidate.  I find reason to like Rubio and Cruz. Ted being the the most  consistant conservative, but his problem is likability, and he didn't help himself out at the last debate. Cruze will make a great President and I would be glad to vote for him, but he cannot win the general election if he rubs people the wrong way like that. Leadership shouldn't be about pleasing people, but unfortunatly politics is. Being a jerk can work for Trump, but it doesn't look good on Ted. He can win the general election, but he needs to connect with potential voters better, even those who have never voted for a Republican President before. That is where Rubio shines. His speaches are very Kennedyesk, and so is his young adorable family. People will like him.

Sad to see some people here I respect very much spend so much of their time and energy attacking him, but welcome to the Primaries. If Rubio becomes our nominee, I expect to see the same shift in support as we saw with Romney, who for a season was despised my the majority on TBR.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »

We cast votes for people based on the things they "say" and deem a candidate unelectable based on their last name in spite of a long my list of accomplishments in office.

We really need to retool how we elect politicians.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:52:35 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »
Defeats Hillary? Part speculation, part wishful thinking.

Mostly polls.

Same polls say that Trump loses to Hillary AND Sanders.

So thinking that Trump can win the GE is not only wishful thinking, but it is wishful thinking founded on wishful thinking.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 03:41:21 pm »
We cast votes for people based on the things they "say" and seem a candidate unelectable based on their last name in spite of a long my list of accomplishments in office.

We really need to retool how we elect politicians.

That's fair enough...then Rubio, Trump should be out of the running..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 03:41:34 pm »

You only have to look at who the Democrats are running, to show how true that statement is.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 03:47:17 pm »
That's fair enough...then Rubio, Trump should be out of the running..

And Jeb and Kasich should be battling for the lead.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:51:26 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 03:49:05 pm »

Love you, Big, but how wrong you are. The election of Barack Hussein Obama was a quintessential beauty contest. Not beauty in the Miss America sense. But, Barack Obama managed to tap into the intangibles of electioneering. It certainly couldn't have been his resume.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:49 pm »
And Jeb and Kasich should be battling for the lead.

LOL....I'll stick with Cruz.... :whistle:
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 03:53:49 pm »

Nixon/Kennedy

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 04:00:11 pm »
LOL....I'll stick with Cruz.... :whistle:

So faced with the options of supporting one of the two candidates that governed large, complex States as conservatives. Two candidates that created jobs, cut taxes, fought the unions, defended life, cut down the size of government, ended entitlements and broke the backs of teacher's unions, you pick the guy who talks a good game.

If elected and when it comes to light that he can't do all the things that he says he will do, you and he both will lay the blame on a Congress, in spite of the fact that he was obviously over promising and Congress had never agreed to acquiesce their equal standing to the Executive.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 04:08:34 pm »
So faced with the options of supporting one of the two candidates that governed large, complex States as conservatives. Two candidates that created jobs, cut taxes, fought the unions, defended life, cut down the size of government, ended entitlements and broke the backs of teacher's unions, you pick the guy who talks a good game.

If elected and when it comes to light that he can't do all the things that he says he will do, you and he both will lay the blame on a Congress, in spite of the fact that he was obviously over promising and Congress had never agreed to acquiesce their equal standing to the Executive.
Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal already left the race, Luis.

And if John Kasich's expanding Medicaid is "governing as a conservative," then what kind of a Bizarro world am I living in?

Remember, Sarah Palin was a pretty accomplished governor, too. For a little while.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »
Nixon/Kennedy
Nixon eventually ended up serving longer than Kennedy, Luis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »

I am not a fan of Jeb...he was your Gov and I suspect you know him well...I get the impression he doesn't even want to be in this race.

Kasich....speaking of Cruz, creeps me out...don't know what it is...that aside, he is not who he was in the 90's even Rush remarked that he didn't know who Kasich was anymore.

Everyone promises the moon and it is never delivered....as long as he limits government and rebuilds the military I will be happy.
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2016, 04:37:16 pm »
Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal already left the race, Luis.

And if John Kasich's expanding Medicaid is "governing as a conservative," then what kind of a Bizarro world am I living in?

Remember, Sarah Palin was a pretty accomplished governor, too. For a little while.

Perfect is the enemy of good.

Cruz supported legalization on the Senate floor before he didn't. Then said that he'd never supported legalization on national TV. He flipped on Snowden, Syria, birthright citizenship, H1B visas, deportations. The list goes on.

Is he your guy?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »

Those are the facts as they are on the ground. This has nothing to do with that. This is a presidential race: Nixon/Kennedy. If it were about resume, a thousand other people would be clearly better qualified.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:40 pm »
Those are the facts as they are on the ground. This has nothing to do with that. This is a presidential race: Nixon/Kennedy. If it were about resume, a thousand other people would be clearly better qualified.

But there's not a thousand other people running, is there?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »
But there's not a thousand other people running, is there?

Correct. But I will steadfastly continue to consider any presidential race--since they inevitably include democrats--part substance and part beauty contest, with the latter having more import on the outcome. That's just me being cynical and shallow. ^-^

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2016, 05:22:24 pm »
Perfect is the enemy of good.

Cruz supported legalization on the Senate floor before he didn't. Then said that he'd never supported legalization on national TV. He flipped on Snowden, Syria, birthright citizenship, H1B visas, deportations. The list goes on.

Is he your guy?
He wields a "silver tongue " in the manner of Richard Millhouse Nixon and William Jefferson Clinton.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln