Author Topic: Ron Paul: That Ted Cruz Is Owned By Goldman Sachs, But Sanders Has A Libertarian Streak  (Read 823 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I really try to like Ron Paul,  I really do. But then I keep being snapped into reality that the Ron Paul of mythology is not like the Ron Paul of reality.

Ron Paul took some time out from spinning conspiracy theories, cultivating white supremacists, and gulling Alex Jones’s audience out of their hard-earned transfer payments to appear on Fox Business’s “Varney & Company.” (As an aside, why would any thinking person take financial advice from anyone with a British accent? Chinese? Yes. Indian? Yes. Russian? Possibly. British? No freakin way.)

“You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company” on Friday.

Surprisingly, the elder Paul seemed more attracted to the views of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money in the Democratic primary.....

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/05/ron-paul-ted-cruz-owned-goldman-sachs-sanders-libertarian-streak/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The fact that Paul finds financial prudence deplorable and finds a mangy old Bolshevik to be admirable speaks to the point that we’ve made on RedState for years. Ron Paul is a fraud. His political life was a fraud. He preyed on his supporters and left the politics of the nation much more poisonous than he had found it.
You're talking about a guy who, despite being a Michigan resident, managed to get into the notorious Texas Air National Guard, the clearinghouse for champagne units. One could argue his whole adult life was a fraud.

But then again, it could just be that Paul, who has to be pushing 80 by now, is just going senile.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You're talking about a guy who, despite being a Michigan resident, managed to get into the notorious Texas Air National Guard, the clearinghouse for champagne units. One could argue his whole adult life was a fraud.

But then again, it could just be that Paul, who has to be pushing 80 by now, is just going senile.

It's definitely the latter sad to say.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

Why don't we ask Bernie Madoff?