Author Topic: Singles in America: The sixth annual survey from match.com  (Read 802 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Singles in America: The sixth annual survey from match.com
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:43 pm »
No extract, but there are some nice infographics. It basically breaks down certain traits of single people who use their service.

http://singlesinamerica.com/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Singles in America: The sixth annual survey from match.com
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:52:25 pm »
All I can say is I'd hate to be a Millenial trying to date today. It ain't fun from the stories I've heard from the ones I know. Congrats to anyone who finds their match out of that soup.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »
All I can say is I'd hate to be a Millenial trying to date today. It ain't fun from the stories I've heard from the ones I know. Congrats to anyone who finds their match out of that soup.
From my experience, what you have heard is completely true.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »

Fortunately, I am past the age of marriage or children. So I no longer have to worry about all that stuff. But the way divorce/sexual harassment laws are today, hooking up has become a contractual financial issue as much as it is an emotional/procreation issue. And the more successful you are, the more dangerous it is. I know lots of guys who have been all but wiped out by divorce.

When someone tells me they are getting married, of course I say the polite stuff. But, on the side I try to warn them that there are a lot of dangers in that. I'm not saying don't do it. I am only saying that you need to be very careful. It is not something that you do lightly. It is a formal 'legal' transaction, and there are many pitfalls.

There are thousands of lawyers out there just waiting for a marriage to go bad, and then to take, or try to take, everything you own even if the marriage only lasts a couple of years. Even if you owned it on your own, before the marriage ever happened.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 07:55:06 pm »

Well from an X'er who's approaching 50 and never married, all I can tell you  is I feel your pain. I love women, interact with them all the time, enjoy being around them, and have no problem getting them. But for relationship purposes, they've almost all gone nuttybar. Even the older ones approaching my parents age. I can't be sad about what ain't out there.

The right person is just going to have to nearly strong arm me if it's going to happen. And from what I can see many of the men are no better. I've known a few decent younger girls that were very frustrated and have even approached me, even though I'm probably older than their parents. It's just that bad out there.
The Republic is lost.