Author Topic: New presidential poll shows Cruz leading Trump 30-25 in Texas  (Read 479 times)

Offline flowers

New presidential poll shows Cruz leading Trump 30-25 in Texas
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:22:33 pm »
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/new-presidential-poll-shows-cruz-leading-trump-30-25-in-texas.html/

AUSTIN – Ted Cruz leads a new presidential primary poll in Texas, just over a month before the U.S. senator will face his home-state voters in the much-anticipated Super Tuesday contest.

A KTVT-TV/Dixie Strategies survey released Thursday shows Cruz at 30 percent among likely GOP primary voters in Texas. He’s followed by mogul Donald Trump at 25 percent, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 12 percent and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 8 percent.

That’s a change from October, when the same pollsters said Cruz was trailing in Texas behind Trump and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson.

The latest poll, which has an error margin of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points, contacted 1,001 likely GOP primary voters on Monday and Tuesday. It appears that Dixie Strategies uses automated telephone interviews, which some experts say are less reliable than other methods.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: New presidential poll shows Cruz leading Trump 30-25 in Texas
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:50:34 am »
A five point lead...that's quite an accomplishment.   :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:57:21 am »
A five point lead...that's quite an accomplishment.   :smokin:

It will grow as Trump continues to fade..............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:02:57 am »
I have to wonder what the results of Jimmy Caters Endorsement of Thump will be?

I doubt that  the endorsement will make Prime Time fr some reason.....

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 01:09:30 am »
It will grow as Trump continues to fade..............

Isn't this more about Cruz in Texas than Trump?

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 01:10:36 am »

I doubt that  the endorsement will make Prime Time fr some reason..... [

Probably won't see in Prime Time because it isn't true.   :shrug:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 01:11:58 am »
Isn't this more about Cruz in Texas than Trump?

Trump was winning in Texas, now he's not.

Seems it's about the deflating Donald to me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:14:18 am »
Probably won't see in Prime Time because it isn't true.   :shrug:

You'll see it in Cruz ads, and, in fact, Carter did say he prefers Trump because he's "malleable."

The Donald has no core except himself.

Watch Saturday night.  If Trump spends the debate trashing his opponents instead of talking substance, he could lose NH.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 01:27:29 am »
You'll see it in Cruz ads, and, in fact, Carter did say he prefers Trump because he's "malleable."

The Donald has no core except himself.

Watch Saturday night.  If Trump spends the debate trashing his opponents instead of talking substance, he could lose NH.

I think it will be much closer here in New Hampshire than the polls have indicated. If you would like an idea of what it is like to be living in this primary state the week before the big event: I have received 30 political phone calls since yesterday morning.

That's right: thirty. No exaggeration. My house is like a call center in Mumbai.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:11 am »
I think it will be much closer here in New Hampshire than the polls have indicated. If you would like an idea of what it is like to be living in this primary state the week before the big event: I have received 30 political phone calls since yesterday morning.

That's right: thirty. No exaggeration. My house is like a call center in Mumbai.

And here I was bitching to my wife that we got three political phone calls today in Texas. Our primary is a month away and it's only going to get worse.

Feel for ya.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 01:34:16 am »
And here I was bitching to my wife that we got three political phone calls today in Texas. Our primary is a month away and it's only going to get worse.

Feel for ya.

I appreciate that. The only fun part has been that I have gotten a chance to try out a variety of fake accents, and convinced at least one or two callers that I work on a farm.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 01:44:29 am »
Donald Trump has never led in Texas and never will!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 01:48:05 am »

I doubt that  the endorsement will make Prime Time fr some reason.....

“When people actually get ready to put on a ballot, ‘This is the person I want to lead me for the next four or eight years, I think they’ll have a little different opinion,’” Carter said.

Still, better him than Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, he said.

If he had to choose between Cruz and Trump for the Republican nomination, Carter chuckled, “I think I would choose Trump, which may surprise some of you.”

(It did, judging by the loud laughter from the audience.)

“The reason is, Trump has proven already he’s completely malleable,” Carter explained. “I don’t think he has any fixed (positions) he’d go the White House and fight for. On the other hand, Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far right wing policies he’d pursue if he became president.”

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/03/jimmy-carter-endorses-donald-trump-over-ted-cruz/

I'm voting for Cruz for all the reasons JImmuh just stated!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien