Author Topic: Marco Rubio To Jorge Ramos: I Will Keep Obama’s First Executive Amnesty In Place Until Legislative Amnesty Enacted  (Read 1120 times)

Offline flowers

article date Nov 2, 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/02/marco-rubio-jorge-ramos-will-keep-obamas-first-executive-amnesty-place-legislative-amnesty-enacted/

In a little-noticed interview earlier this year with Univision’s Jorge Ramos,
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
79%
declared that, as President, he would keep Barack Obama’s executive amnesty for DREAMers in place until it was permanently codified through legislation.

Rubio said, in part:

DACA…applies to young people that arrived in this country at a very young age before they were adults and I don’t think we can immediately revoke that… I’m not calling for it to be revoked tomorrow, or this week, or right away.

“I think it will have to end at some point and I hope it will end because of some reform to the immigration laws,” Rubio said in English.

So Rubio is pledging to carry Obama’s policy: leaving the executive amnesty for DREAMers in place until Congress submits to the order by legislatively ratifying amnesty. After a legislatively ratified DREAM Act, illegal aliens would be able to vote in U.S. elections and bring their relatives to work and collect entitlements in the United States.

The similarity to President Obama’s rhetoric is striking. President Obama told Congress: “if folks are serious about getting immigration reform done [they should be] passing a bill and getting it to my desk. And then the executive actions that I take go away.” Similarly, Obama told George Stephanopoulos after being pressed on his executive amnesty: “Well, my response is pass a bill.”

Most famously, Obama said: “To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.”

In the interview, Ramos asked Rubio something that Rubio has not been asked in any of the Presidential debates thus far: “Would a President Rubio revoke Deferred Action and executive action by President Barack Obama?”

Offline Longiron

If you like Amnesty, Open Borders, Illegal Aliens, ISIS here is YOUR guy to vote for! Have fun when they take your jobs, your kids are working at the WalMart with a Phd because the H12 &3 VISAS are getting paid low salary than your kids or Grand Kids because the company is not paying any benefits and they are on the FREE Govt dole for healthcare.. When your daughter or gran daughter gets rapped by illegal  or amnesty criminal you can send MARCO a Thank you note. YEP, he is your GUY!  *mad* :wtf:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:50:35 pm by Longiron »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If you like Amnesty, Open Borders, Illegal Aliens, ISIS here is YOUR guy to vote for! Have fun when they take your jobs, your kids are working at the WalMart with a Phd because the H12 &3 VISAS are getting paid low salary than your kids or Grand Kids because the company is not paying any benefits and they are on the FREE Govt dole for healthcare.. When your daughter or gran daughter gets rapped by illegal  or amnesty criminal you can send MARCO a Thank you note. YEP, he is your GUY!  *mad* :wtf:

What hysterical nonsense.   But your hyperbole is no worse,  I guess,  than your Dear Leader's.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

What hysterical nonsense.   But your hyperbole is no worse,  I guess,  than your Dear Leader's.

YEP! MARCO is you guy to vote FOR but you will not even admit that! :chairbang: That requires courage and we know where that stands for the anti TRUMP people.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:42:17 pm by Longiron »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rubio goes wherever the political winds blow him!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
YEP! MARCO is you guy to vote FOR but you will not even admit that! :chairbang: That requires courage and we know where that stands for the anti TRUMP people.

What the hell are you talking about?   I've been clear about who I'm supporting - John Kasich.   

HAPPY2BME

The ones who are backing up Rubio are the ones who will profit monetarily on the amnesty.

Offline xfreeper

Hyperbole aside, there is not much question about marco's thinking on immigration and it's not good for the country.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hyperbole aside, there is not much question about marco's thinking on immigration and it's not good for the country.

And Fox News is shilling HARD for him!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

So you're for kicking out 11 million people and bringing them back as Trump advocates? How is that any different from what we have now?

Or just kicking them out altogether?

Rubio wants to solve the problem.  Trump and Cruz are appealing to the nativists.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So you're for kicking out 11 million people and bringing them back as Trump advocates? How is that any different from what we have now?

Rubio wants to solve the problem.  Trump and Cruz are appealing to the nativists.

We don't have to kick anyone out!  All we have to do is turn off all the damned magnets and enforce the law!

If we simply did that they would leave on their own!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

We don't have to kick anyone out!  All we have to do is turn off all the damned magnets and enforce the law!

If we simply did that they would leave on their own!

Those illegals who have been here 20 years would leave on their own? Not likely.

Fine. Shut the doors. But what do you do with those who are here and who are going to STAY here?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Those illegals who have been here 20 years would leave on their own? Not likely.

Fine. Shut the doors. But what do you do with those who are here and who are going to STAY here?

Enforce the law and turn off the magnets.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

Rather than coming up with intelligent arguments for their position t's easier for pro amnesty types to ridicule others by suggesting they want to ride around in buses, round up 20 million people and deport them. It gets tiring after a while.

Offline sinkspur

Rather than coming up with intelligent arguments for their position t's easier for pro amnesty types to ridicule others by suggesting they want to ride around in buses, round up 20 million people and deport them. It gets tiring after a while.

So what is your solution?

Offline sinkspur

Enforce the law and turn off the magnets.

Fine. Turn off the magnets.

What do you do with the 11 million who are here and who will not leave cuz they're working.

Offline MACVSOG68

To be sure, while Rubio is being condemned by some for his role in the Gang of Eight, they seem to forget he's at least leading on an issue most Americans want settled.  He is certainly not for "open borders" nor to my knowledge for "amnesty".  The 2013 Senate bill was neither of those.  Neither Trump nor Cruz would get very far as president with the promises they've made on this issue.  Nice years ago Republicans turned down the best deal they would ever be able to make with Democrats on immigration.  In 2013 they again turned down a bill that would lead to better border security and employer enforcement.  When Republicans held both houses in 2005 and 2006 they couldn't even agree on immigration legislation.  How much better off are we today?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Fine. Turn off the magnets.

What do you do with the 11 million who are here and who will not leave cuz they're working.

Enforcing the law involves disrupting their ability to keep that job Sink! And all of the free medical care, and education and ...

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

Good.

I'm not particularly keen on the idea of spending the money to deport 11 million people. 

Nor am I enthused about just how much more intrusive our government would need to become to actually carry out this idea.

Offline xfreeper

Where has anyone said rubio supports open borders? If we want to look at what his solution is all we have to do is look at the legislation he supported with schumer and the other six. No one needs to slime the man. It's his 'solutions' that are not acceptable to many people.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Quote from: sinkspur

That's what matters to me.  Solving the problem.   That requires pragmatism and compromise, including over what to do with those already here who've put down roots and are members of the community.   A "comprehensive" solution isn't a bad thing, indeed, it's the only sensible thing.   I applaud Rubio's honest effort to broker a deal that reflects conservative priorities,  even if he's now forced to walk a tightrope because of the noise coming from the nativists who,  by action if not by word,  effectively support the status quo.   

Rubio hasn't yet earned my vote,  but if he does,  one reason will be his track record of pragmatism on this issue.   

Offline xfreeper

The second post in this thread throws that out there, as it has been thrown out many times. :shrug:

Doesn't quite go that far but your point is well taken. A little too much (absurd).

Offline MACVSOG68

Where has anyone said rubio supports open borders? If we want to look at what his solution is all we have to do is look at the legislation he supported with schumer and the other six. No one needs to slime the man. It's his 'solutions' that are not acceptable to many people.

Many have called Rubio an open-borders advocate who wants amnesty.  Neither is true.  Here's a summary of the Gang of Eight bill regarding the open-borders charge:

—The bill sets out a series of requirements that must be achieved over 10 years before anyone here illegally can obtain a permanent resident green card. These include:

(1) Roughly doubling the number of Border Patrol agents stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border, to at least 38,405.

(2) Completing 700 miles of pedestrian fencing along the border, which would require approximately 350 new miles of fencing.

(3) Installing a host of new security measures and technologies in specified locations along the border, including specific numbers of surveillance towers, camera systems, ground sensors, radiation detectors, mobile surveillance systems, drones, helicopters, airborne radar systems, planes and ships.

(4) Implementing a system for all employers to verify electronically their workers' legal status.

(5) Setting up a new electronic system to track people leaving the nation's airports and seaports.

—The border security improvements are designed to achieve 100 percent surveillance of the border with Mexico and ensure that 90 percent of would-be crossers are caught or turned back.

—If the goals of a 90 percent effectiveness rate and continuous surveillance on the border are not met within five years, a Southern Border Security Commission made up of border-state governors and others would determine how to achieve them.

—Border security spending in the bill totals around $46 billion.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/immigration-bill-summary-093557#ixzz3zIm8iYeC

Now this may not satisfy everyone, but if the Republican led House had even scheduled a bill for discussion perhaps it could have been improved upon.  Nevertheless, it takes both houses, so there it died.  And that gave Obama exactly what he wanted.  Everyone here I believe has expressed disgust at Congress' inability to get anything done.  The American people feel the same.  Well, here's an example of why.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Many have called Rubio an open-borders advocate who wants amnesty.  Neither is true.  Here's a summary of the Gang of Eight bill regarding the open-borders charge:

—The bill sets out a series of requirements that must be achieved over 10 years before anyone here illegally can obtain a permanent resident green card. These include:

(1) Roughly doubling the number of Border Patrol agents stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border, to at least 38,405.

(2) Completing 700 miles of pedestrian fencing along the border, which would require approximately 350 new miles of fencing.

(3) Installing a host of new security measures and technologies in specified locations along the border, including specific numbers of surveillance towers, camera systems, ground sensors, radiation detectors, mobile surveillance systems, drones, helicopters, airborne radar systems, planes and ships.

(4) Implementing a system for all employers to verify electronically their workers' legal status.

(5) Setting up a new electronic system to track people leaving the nation's airports and seaports.

—The border security improvements are designed to achieve 100 percent surveillance of the border with Mexico and ensure that 90 percent of would-be crossers are caught or turned back.

—If the goals of a 90 percent effectiveness rate and continuous surveillance on the border are not met within five years, a Southern Border Security Commission made up of border-state governors and others would determine how to achieve them.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/immigration-bill-summary-093557#ixzz3zIm8iYeC

Now this may not satisfy everyone, but if the Republican led House had even scheduled a bill for discussion perhaps it could have been improved upon.  Nevertheless, it takes both houses, so there it died.  And that gave Obama exactly what he wanted.  Everyone here I believe has expressed disgust at Congress' inability to get anything done.  The American people feel the same.  Well, here's an example of why.

Thanks for this, MACVSOG68.   This would have been an effective political compromise,  that would have made substantial progress on securing the border and addressing the demand for illegal labor.   And the rejection of this compromise - and the howling from Republicans that comprehensive reform was a non-starter - did indeed give "Obama exactly what he wanted" - to take unilateral and arguably extra-Constitutional action.   That action has pissed off conservatives, but pleased the Dems' constituents and potential constituents.   The result is a looming election where Hispanics are expected to desert the GOP in droves.

I wish Rubio would more forcefully defend the honorable compromise he was a part of.   Unfortunately, the nativists have the upper hand now in the GOP,  and will likely retain it until the GOP gets hit hard over the head this fall, losing both the White House and the Senate.   Maybe then we'll wake up and reject white-rage extremism.   But it would sure be nice to do so before the deluge.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:02:00 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Lando Lincoln

Thank you for that, MAC.  Your post illustrates how we fall for the meme, often exaggerating it, and then repeat it over and over.  A simple label is often enough.  We all know them.  We lose sight that we really should delve into the details, in this case, policy, and decide for ourselves the soundness of those details.  We are all guilty of it to some degree or another.  Being a sideline critic may be the easiest job in the world.  The person who will proffer solutions to a complex problem, while knowing critics of all stripes will howl, is reserved for the few.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:10:05 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck