Author Topic: Bill O’Reilly, Karl Rove just broke down how Cruz campaign jobbed Ben Carson and this is serious!  (Read 3654 times)

Offline musiclady

Perhaps you just haven't watched enough!  :smokin:

Well, I don't spend 4 hours a day watching, but from what I've seen, individuals support different candidates, and guests support different ones as well.

I happen to agree that Rubio is a good candidate (I know many here disagree), and I also agree that his showing in Iowa was significant.  So I guess when I heard them talking about it here and there, I didn't see it as favoritism.

At any rate, last night there were many voices on Fox supporting Cruz, and that made me happy.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thanks... but what about the RNC overlords in Washington, DC?  With Rove weighing as he did...is it possible they're getting ready to reallocate delegates?

When it get's to the convention in Cleveland this summer the convention delegates have the power to change the rules under which the convention will operate. Until that time the rules will remain as they are but these primaries are a function of the individual state parties and thus the rules may not be the same (likely are not) in every state.

Hope that helps.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, I don't spend 4 hours a day watching, but from what I've seen, individuals support different candidates, and guests support different ones as well.

I happen to agree that Rubio is a good candidate (I know many here disagree), and I also agree that his showing in Iowa was significant.  So I guess when I heard them talking about it here and there, I didn't see it as favoritism.

At any rate, last night there were many voices on Fox supporting Cruz, and that made me happy.  ^-^

Made me happy as well!  :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When it get's to the convention in Cleveland this summer the convention delegates have the power to change the rules under which the convention will operate. Until that time the rules will remain as they are but these primaries are a function of the individual state parties and thus the rules may not be the same (likely are not) in every state.

Hope that helps.

Sure does.  Thanks.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Hope that helps.

Correct.  These are delegate allocations from the prescribed process.  Each state has their own system/rules.  Some similar, some different.  However, the delegates are not bound by the process and can break differently at the convention.  Generally, it follows form of the primary process but if there are compelling reasons, they can break on their own. 

Enjoying your input these days, dude!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Correct.  These are delegate allocations from the prescribed process.  Each state has their own system/rules.  Some similar, some different.  However, the delegates are not bound by the process and can break differently at the convention.  Generally, it follows form of the primary process but if there are compelling reasons, they can break on their own. 

Enjoying your input these days, dude!

The Texas delegates ARE bound for the first two ballots. I don't know about those of other states but I'll bet that they are at least for the first ballot.

Thanks for the flowers!   :beer:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:00:22 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm glad for anyone keeping this up about Cruz.  Just keep seeing him do things that don't match with his profile.  This is disappointing, I say that as someone that really used to respect the man.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm glad for anyone keeping this up about Cruz.  Just keep seeing him do things that don't match with his profile.  This is disappointing, I say that as someone that really used to respect the man.

You are aware that the Rubio team was doing EXACTLY the same thing aren't you?  And then after the storm broke Rubio piles on Cruz while his team are busily DELETING their tweets! How low is that?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GAJohnnie

I have this idea for a political cartoon stuck in my head

Cruz, dressed as a preacher, is nose to nose with Trump, wearing a suit with a big $ gold necklace by a swiming pool screaming at the top of their lungs in each other faces.

To one side Rubio, in a speedo, is walking away arm in arm with a middle aged woman with a "GOP Voters" label on her skirt. Rubio is saying "There there dear, lets just leave the boys to their games

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

You are aware that the Rubio team was doing EXACTLY the same thing aren't you?  And then after the storm broke Rubio piles on Cruz while his team are busily DELETING their tweets! How low is that?

==============================

Just another example of Republicans hating Republicans.

Offline alicewonders

You're right - Cruz and Rubio are both pretty low in my book!

Offline alicewonders

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2015/12/31/ben-carson-staffers-resign-campaign-starts-look-terminal/

Why is this happening?

It IS inevitable that Carson will be getting out - but WHEN that happens is up to Ben Carson - not Cruz, not Rubio.  What was done to Dr. Carson did not happen in a vacuum.  Not only was he hurt, but I believe Donald Trump's vote tally could very well have been affected by these offensively unethical tactics.  For once (and once only), Karl Rove is right.  Don't agree with why he is saying it - but it is the truth.  Like it or not.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Thanks for the flowers!   :beer:

Beer is better, isn't it?   :beer:
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

==============================

Just another example of Republicans hating Republicans.

Actually, it is politics as usual but in an instantaneous, technological arena.  Underhanded, smoke filled backroom dealings with a new age bent.  Politics at this level is a blood sport of the highest order.
John Steinbeck

HAPPY2BME

Actually, it is politics as usual but in an instantaneous, technological arena.  Underhanded, smoke filled backroom dealings with a new age bent.  Politics at this level is a blood sport of the highest order.

=============================================

And the stakes are you and me, and the prize is the United States of America.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Someone aggressively practicing dirty politics at least gives me some hope that they will try to play dirty and turn the chipper/shredder that the Democrats have waiting for them once they're in office back on the leftists.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Now why would "the establishment" want Cruz out and Trump in all of a sudden?

:facepalm2:  The establishment wants Rubio in.  Cruz is in the crosshairs now, and they'll circle back to Trump.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:thumbsup: And it always has been!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

It IS inevitable that Carson will be getting out - but WHEN that happens is up to Ben Carson - not Cruz, not Rubio.  What was done to Dr. Carson did not happen in a vacuum.  Not only was he hurt, but I believe Donald Trump's vote tally could very well have been affected by these offensively unethical tactics.  For once (and once only), Karl Rove is right.  Don't agree with why he is saying it - but it is the truth.  Like it or not. 

:word:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Yup.  Time for Mr. Trump to put his "big boy" pants on.   I'd say the same for Rubio but I don't think he owns any.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And CNN's part in all of this is...?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yup.  Time for Mr. Trump to put his "big boy" pants on.   I'd say the same for Rubio but I don't think he owns any.

:mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

I'll bet you're right!

- J. R. R. Tolkien