Author Topic: Hundreds of 'sanctuary' cities come under Congressional scrutiny  (Read 528 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Hundreds of 'sanctuary' cities come under Congressional scrutiny
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:21:17 am »
About damned time!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 02:26:14 am »
SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES
INFORMATION RESOURCE

TEXAS HAS ONE OR MORE CITIES OFFERING
ILLEGAL SANCTUARY

• Austin, Texas

• Baytown, Texas

• Brownsville, Texas

• Channelview, Texas

• Denton, Texas

• Dallas, Texas

• El Cenizo, Texas

• Ft. Worth, Texas

• Houston, Texas (1992)

• Katy, Texas

• Laredo, Texas

• League City, Texas (added 11/16/08 - See Below)

• Mcallen, Texas

• Port Arthur, Texas

• San Antonio, Texas

http://www.sanctuarycities.info/sanctuary_state_texas.htm

Nail 'em, Gov Abbott
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 02:29:15 am »
I'm more and more impressed by Mr. Abbott. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:36:04 am »
I'm more and more impressed by Mr. Abbott.

Yep! Me to!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 12:07:28 pm »

Anti-Sanctuary City Bill Set To Pass In Florida House
Posted by: Javier Manjarres (@thesharktank1) on February 3, 2016

The Florida House of Representatives is paving the way for the banning of “sanctuary cities” in the Sunshine State.

The anti-sanctuary city piece of legislation (HB 675) has passed through its committee hearings, and is set to hit the House floor for a vote today.

HB 675 would make it illegal for any local government in the state of Florida to employ policy that “prohibits or impedes a law enforcement agency from communicating or cooperating with federal immigration agencies.”

Here is the POLITICO’s take on the issue:

“… most commonly found when cities institute formal or informal policies to not cooperate with immigration “detainers,” which are requests from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to either notify local law enforcement they want to assume custody of an illegal immigrant, get more information before the person is released, or to request they hold the person for up to 48 hours.

More…

House analysts say there are seven counties with sanctuary policies in Florida, while the ACLU of Florida, which opposes the bill, says the number is more like 30.

The legislation also requires that any sanctuary policies be repealed within 90 days.

Expect continued protests to the House bill and to the Senate version of the bill from pro-illegal immigration activists, the ACLU, and Democrats, who all naturally oppose the bills.

Could a nationwide ban on sanctuary cities keep the country from become the United States of Amigo?

Ay Caramba!

Read more at http://shark-tank.com/2016/02/03/anti-sanctuary-city-bill-set-to-pass-in-florida-house/

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
Hundreds of 'sanctuary' cities come under Congressional scrutiny
crime | Feb 3, 2016 | By Martin Barillas

House appropriations subcommittee chairman John Culberson (R-TX), who oversees funding for the U.S. Department of Justice called on the Obama administration to take steps to take state and local governments to task over offering sanctuary to illegal aliens or face problems in getting approval for federal budget requests. Culberson also announced that he will require local jurisdictions to adhere to  federal law and stop obstructing communication with immigration agencies as a condition for receiving certain federal law enforcement funding. Three federal law enforcement funding programs that could become off-limits to sanctuaries currently dispense $1 billion+ each year to state and local agencies.

The Texas Republican wrote a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch demanding a halt to funding cities that reject Justice and Homeland Security demands for information and access to jailed immigrants. Culberson told Lynch that he must ensure that state and local law enforcement agencies are following federal law before they can get federal grants. He added that local sanctuary policies are a clearly in violation of Section 1373 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Among the jurisdictions that have imposed such policies are San Francisco, Cook County, Ill., and New York City. In addition to prohibiting local officers from communicating with immigration authorities, jurisdictions such as these prohibit federal officers from coming into jails to interview or arrest deportable criminals.

Additionally, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has threatened to cut state funding for the office of the Dallas County sheriff, a Democrat, if he continues to refuse the detention of illegal immigrants, as requested by federal authorities. Abbott requested sheriffs across the Lone Star State to comply with federal requests to detain illegal aliens. Abbott signed in June 2015 the most comprehensive border security plan of any state in the Union. He noted then that the Texas-Mexico border is a gateway for criminals to commit crimes throughout the country. Saying that 20,000 dangerous gang members associated with cross-border traffic-related crime were in Houston alone, he added that more than 100,000 gang members operate across the state of Texas.

According to the Center for Immigration Studies, more than 9,000 criminal aliens that federal authorities were seeking to deport in 2014 were instead released. More than 2,300 of these committed further crimes within a few months.

Among the jurisdictions offering sanctuary to illegal aliens are Dallas County (TX), Philadelphia, five Kentucky counties, and possibly the whole state of Massachusetts.

PARTIAL LIST

http://www.speroforum.com/a/QUSDWPAOCW28/77242-Hundreds-of-sanctuary-cities-come-under-Congressional-scrutiny#.VrXpFdD0SFq
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:38:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 05:36:49 pm »
"Paging Darryl Issa! Paging Darryl Issa! Please report to the Neverending Hearing Room! Just follow the cameras.".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »