Author Topic: 'They're going to sue his a-- off': Donald Trump launches new wave of Ted Cruz attacks  (Read 272 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That didn't take long

Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump tore into Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) with renewed vigor at a Tuesday-night rally, the day after Cruz bested him in the Iowa caucuses.

Trump, during a campaign speech, repeatedly attacked his top Republican presidential rival on a host of issues, including the mogul's favorite attack line: Cruz's birth in Canada.

"What kind of people do we have running for office?" Trump said after bashing Cruz's honesty for a while in Milford, New Hampshire.

"No, it's honestly really, really dishonest. And I think I know why. You know why? Because he was born in Canada!" he said....

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-ted-cruz-sue-canada-iowa-caucus-2016-2

Offline aligncare

That didn't take long

...and now for the less hyperbolic story of this news event:

Trump taunts Cruz over citizenship lawsuit: ‘I told you so’

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump took aim at rival Ted Cruz in a series of Saturday morning tweets, taunting Cruz over challenges to his citizenship and reports that he did not disclose campaign loans.

Trump has tried to stoke concerns that Cruz would face legal challenges to his eligibility for president because he was born in Canada. After a Friday lawsuit questioning exactly that, Trump took a victory lap.

“Ted Cruz was born in Canada and was a Canadian citizen until 15 months ago. Lawsuits have just been filed with more to follow. I told you so,” he wrote.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/266140-trump-taunts-cruz-over-citizenship-lawsuit-i-told-you-so

If you Google this subject you will note several false claims that Trump is initiating lawsuits on the question of Ted Cruz's citizenship.

All of them false.

The dirty tricks in politics never end.

Offline Longiron

CRUZ has no one but himself to blame. He needs to address this issue and put it behind him. It is not going away until resolved. He is NOT Barry! :amen: