Author Topic: Palin goes off on 'Today' hosts after questions about son  (Read 1008 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Palin goes off on 'Today' hosts after questions about son
« on: February 01, 2016, 03:30:54 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/267704-palin-goes-off-on-today-hosts-after-questions-about-son

February 01, 2016, 09:56 am
Palin goes off on 'Today' hosts after questions about son

By Jesse Byrnes

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin went after members of the media on the "Today" show Monday after her interview drifted toward questions about her son's arrest and post-traumatic stress disorder.
"You guys brought me here to talk about Iowa politics and the caucus tonight, not to talk about my kids," Palin shot back after co-host Savannah Guthrie asked Palin about her remarks on the campaign trail.

"And that was a promise. But as things go in the world of media, you guys don't always keep your promises, evidently," Palin added.

Co-host Matt Lauer noted later, "There were no specific promises made about content of the interview, only that this would be your first interview since you endorsed Donald Trump."

The 2008 vice presidential candidate was fielding questions about her remarks last month while campaigning for Trump where she linked President Obama's treatment of veterans with her son's arrest on a domestic violence charge, news of which emerged hours before her speech.

Palin said during her speech then that her son Track, 26, who was arrested on domestic violence and weapons charges, "like so many others, they come back a bit different. They come back hardened."

"It starts from the top, the question though it comes from our own president, when they have to look at him and wonder, do you know what we go through, do you know what we're trying to do to secure America and to secure the freedoms that have been bequeathed us?" Palin said.

Palin denied on Monday that she was blaming Obama for cases of PTSD. The White House had fired back after her initial remarks, saying that "domestic violence is not a joke."

"I never blamed President Obama. What I have blamed President Obama in doing, though, is this level of disrespect for the United States military," Palin told NBC, mentioning defense cuts.

"I didn't lay PTSD at the foot of the president. I did say, though ... and suggested very adamently, that there is much more that our commander in chief can do to prove that he respects our troops and will let them do their job," Palin said.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: Palin goes off on 'Today' hosts after questions about son
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »
you would think she would have known better to do this interview or any for that matter with the MSM.  But then I guess not.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:25:54 pm by Wingnut »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 04:54:46 pm »
you would think she would have known better
That was your first mistake. :-/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »
That was your first mistake. :-/

When a broadcast network brings you on to talk about subjects A and B, then wants to go for topic C for no other reason but attack you, you should slap them silly of both their dishonesty and their scum bag behavior.

I suppose it too much to expect that people put their emotions about the candidates on hold and go back to thinking before they post.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:16:56 pm »
you would think she would have known better to do this interview or any for that matter with the MSM.  But then I guess not.

If you are out promoting your candidate - you have to go into the belly of the beast - where you can reach people that haven't heard your message. 

It's disgusting for sure.  I'm sure she had to have a Karen Silkwood shower afterwards.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:23:08 pm »

You would thinks so wouldn't you... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »
Sarah Palin has always been 'feisty'.

I'm sure she had what she was going to say all planned out, should they renege on their 'promise' to respect family boundaries in the interview.

It also gives her a chance to emulate Donald Trump's now proven successful way of dealing with 'enemies'.   Attack.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »
I must be way out of step. I cannot see PTSD as a justification, reason, excuse for domestic violence.

Is he or is he not criminally responsible for any harm he commits?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln