Author Topic: Clinton: 'I'm asking people to hold me accountable'  (Read 1067 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: 'I'm asking people to hold me accountable'
« on: February 01, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/267696-clinton-im-asking-people-to-hold-me-accountable

February 01, 2016, 08:16 am

By Jesse Byrnes

Hillary Clinton early Monday faced questioning of her use of a private email while secretary of State as she hopes to pull out a win in Iowa, which on Monday becomes the first state to cast votes.

The Democratic presidential candidate also touted her bipartisan efforts in the Senate and work with both political parties while secretary of State to cast herself as a uniter.

"I know how you get things done. I am a progressive who wants to make progress and actually produce real results in people's lives. That's what I'm offering," Clinton said on CNN's "New Day."

"I'm not over-promising," Clinton continued, taking an implicit shot at Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who she is hoping to fend off when supporters go to caucus Monday night in the Hawkeye State.

"I'm laying out the plans that I have, I'm asking people to look at them and I'm asking people to hold me accountable, because I want to get back to working together, to try to unite this country," she said.

Clinton maintained an upbeat tone during the CNN appearance, part of several media interviews Monday, saying she was proud of her supporters in the state and urging viewers to caucus for her.

The former secretary of State continued to insist that there is nothing new regarding her use of a private email server days after the State Department declared that 22 of the emails were "top secret" and would not be released to the public.

Clinton pivoted Monday to compare the latest update regarding her emails to the GOP-led House investigation into her handling of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

"Just a lot of innuendo, a lot of attacks," Clinton said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Clinton: 'I'm asking people to hold me accountable'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:42:24 pm »
The reason she can say this with such great confidence is because the judicial system that could/would 'hold her accountable' is owned by Valerie Jarrett.

Because any referral from the FBI: “will have to go through four loyal Democrat women.” Assistant Attorney General Leslie Caldwell, who heads the department’s criminal division; Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates; Attorney General Loretta Lynch; and top White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

Assistant Attorney General Leslie Caldwell, who heads the department’s criminal division; Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates; Attorney General Loretta Lynch; and top White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:46:24 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:42 pm »
I quite agree, Happy. There's little reason to be optimistic about the Hilldebeaste ever seeing justice (in this life, anyway).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:11:09 pm »
I quite agree, Happy. There's little reason to be optimistic about the Hilldebeaste ever seeing justice (in this life, anyway).

===============================

What really chaps my ass is how she got away scott-free from the Benghazi Hearings.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:21:09 pm »
===============================

What really chaps my ass is how she got away scott-free from the Benghazi Hearings.

Well, there really never could be any result of them other than "informational."  Without the Executive's Department of (In)Justice being willing to investigate and potentially bring indictments, they just come and go.  Lot's of revelations, questions raised, etc., but no real outcome can be expected beyond that.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 04:26:41 pm »
I'm asking people to hold her in jail.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:12:21 pm »
I'm asking people to hold her in jail.

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3:  :thumbsup3:

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 05:48:35 pm »
she lies all the time now. i thought old hil was bad.  she is so confindent now. just watched her say how she knew she was going to beat bernie. just horrible. she gets the white house.......it is over for good.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 05:59:11 pm »
she lies all the time now. i thought old hil was bad.  she is so confindent now. just watched her say how she knew she was going to beat bernie. just horrible. she gets the white house.......it is over for good.

Back in the old days of the 90's, America was not nearly as corrupt and despotic as it is today.  Power can lie and manipulate with impunity.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 06:24:47 pm »
Back in the old days of the 90's, America was not nearly as corrupt and despotic as it is today.  Power can lie and manipulate with impunity.
yep, and they do have the power.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 06:33:32 pm »
The people holding someone accountable. One word comes to mind- Jury.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 07:07:12 pm »

By OPapaDoc's State Department?  They were the ones who withheld the 22 e-mails.  The vast right wing conspiracy seems to be growing to include a lot of liberals at Foggy Bottom.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 07:27:12 pm »

By OPapaDoc's State Department?  They were the ones who withheld the 22 e-mails.  The vast right wing conspiracy seems to be growing to include a lot of liberals at Foggy Bottom.
I found that strange it even got out to media. withholding 22 e-mails. they could have just withheld them and not say a word. of course i am not surprised they are withholding e-mails. the ones they are withholding are surely ones from obama to her.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 07:41:35 pm »
yep, and they do have the power.

It's no longer about being accountable. The only thing that matters now is who controls what and who decides which laws are enforced on who. Everything else is a charade and the corruption is out in the open and as said above, with impunity.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 02:30:00 am »

We're going to, ma'am.

We're going to.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 02:50:53 am »