Author Topic: Donald Trump Sexism Leads To Staffer’s Sexual Discrimination Claim  (Read 802 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://reverbpress.com/politics/donald-trump-sexism-claim-staffer-davidson/

Considering he probably really could shoot someone in the street and not lose voters, another Donald Trump sexism claim likely wouldn’t damage his campaign much. The sexual discrimination complaint filed Thursday, however, came from a surprising source: one of his own field organizers.
Donald Trump Sexism Hits Home

Elizabeth Mae Davidson is a 26-year-old who was holding down a paralegal job while simultaneously acting as field organizer for Donald Trump’s campaign in Davenport, Iowa. On Jan. 14, Davidson was fired from her job for allegedly making “disparaging comments about senior campaign leaders to third parties.” Her dismissal from the campaign was no small loss:

“Ms. Davidson… had recruited volunteer organizers for most of her region’s 63 precincts and opened a Trump campaign field office, only the second in the state.”

Two weeks after her dismissal, Davidson filed a complaint alleging that the Donald Trump campaign actively engaged in sexual discrimination. The behavior cited in the complaint goes much further than Trump’s typical “Megyn Kelly on her period” rhetoric. Davidson says that women were paid less than men holding the same title and also barred from speaking at rallies.

The public filings from the Trump campaign seem to support these allegations. In the filings, male district representatives were compensated at least $3,500 a month. Davidson, however, claims she was only paid $2,000 for the same job.

If you were expecting more than just wage inequality when you heard the ‘Donald Trump sexism’ card played, no worries. When Davidson and another female volunteer met up with Trump during the summer, he immediately reduced them to their looks:

“You guys could do a lot of damage.”

While we won’t know if these claims would have ever come to light had Davidson not been terminated, it does appear as if her firing was unfair. The “disparaging comments about senior campaign leaders” the Trump campaign cited in her termination stemmed from a New York Times article that was critical of his Iowa leadership.

Davidson was quoted in the article, but if you read through the entire piece, she never once disparages Trump’s Iowa leadership. In fact, she’s only quoted while recruiting volunteers for the campaign. The New York Times reported:

“Ms. Davidson was described in The Times article as one of the campaign’s most effective organizers and was quoted as she tried to enlist supporters to volunteer as precinct leaders during a Trump rally… Elsewhere in the article, the campaign was described as ‘amateurish and halting, committing basic organizing errors.'”

To make the claims of sexism even worse, it seems that male staffers, including those with the same job title as Davidson, were quoted in the media without losing their jobs.
Donald Trump Sexism Eating Own Campaign

In addition to recruiting countless volunteers and opening Trump’s second Iowa field office, Davidson is also the daughter of Iowa Republican Judy Davidson, a chairwoman in Scott County. In essence, she’s no small fry, so it’s quite possible that this complaint might actually go somewhere. The Times went on to report:

“Ms. Davidson’s lawyer, Dorothy A. O’Brien, said the complaint would trigger an investigation by the Davenport civil rights agency; after 60 days, Ms. Davidson would have the option of continuing to let the agency investigate or filing suit in state court.”

The Trump campaign has yet to respond to any of these allegations, but the disrespectful way in which women are treated in the organization seems to have some staffers scared. When asked about the situation, the woman who replaced Davidson in the campaign, Betsey Tibbetts, let the New York Times know “I’m not allowed to talk to you guys.”

Discriminatory pay, sexist comments, unequal and misogynistic treatment, unjust termination and intimidation of female staffers. Donald Trump sexism at its best, and to be honest, I’d be more surprised if I wasn’t so unsurprised by all of this.

Re: Donald Trump Sexism Leads To Staffer’s Sexual Discrimination Claim
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:11:43 am »
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-01-31/trump-blasts-disgruntled-former-employee-alleging-sexual-discrimination

Donald Trump is vigorously defending himself against sexual discrimination allegations made by a former Iowa campaign worker.

In a Sunday phone interview with Bloomberg Politics, Trump described the fired field organizer, Elizabeth Mae Davidson, as "a disgruntled employee who wanted to come back to the campaign, but she didn't do a good job."

Davidson filed a complaint on Thursday with the Davenport Civil Rights Commission, the New York Times reported, alleging that men who worked for the Trump campaign were paid more than women in similar roles. In addition, Davidson said that when she and a female volunteer met the billionaire at a summer campaign rally, he remarked, "You guys could do a lot of damage."

Trump scoffed at Davidson's recounting of the exchange, and said he didn't recall making comments about her looks. "It's just not something that's in my vocabulary  - not that it's the worst thing I've ever heard," Trump  said.

Davidson, Trump said, had violated the terms of a non-disclosure agreement in her contract. Furthermore, Trump said he'd heard "some very strange reports about her. She goes around dressing like Melania, my wife."

The 2016 Republican front-runner, who, according to the latest Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll, holds a slim lead in the Hawkeye State over Texas Senator Ted Cruz, portrayed the story as politically motivated, and took aim at the news organization that first reported it.

"This is the New York Times doing a number on the people of Iowa," Trump said. 

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:08:03 am »
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: **nononono* **nononono*

15 minutes of fame. Shesh!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:47 am »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: **nononono* **nononono*

15 minutes of fame. Shesh!
Yuck it up, but this is serious trouble for the Dump.
There is a lot of information in these stories if you can see it.

“Ms. Davidson… had recruited volunteer organizers for most of her region’s 63 precincts and opened a Trump campaign field office, only the second in the state.”

In addition to recruiting countless volunteers and opening Trump’s second Iowa field office, Davidson is also the daughter of Iowa Republican Judy Davidson, a chairwoman in Scott County.

I think Trump is going to finish third or worse.  Now I'll admit I'm drunk, and I don't understand the Iowa caucus well, but for Trump fans this could be the turning point...you take away Trump's "inevitability," and he is just a grammatically challenged loud mouthed billionaire self-promoter.
Joe Cunningham ‏@JoePCunningham 3h3 hours ago Lafayette, LA

The good news is that if Donald Trump loses in Iowa, he actually can play the world's smallest violin with his freakishly small fingers.
33 retweets 31 likes

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:34:40 am by Once-Ler »

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 08:03:08 am »

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 08:18:39 am »

Jill Colvin Verified account
‏@colvinj

Trump baffled by rival campaigns' internal polling. "The networks do it for free. What the hell are they doing polling for?"