Author Topic: Donald Trump outshines other celebrities on social media  (Read 863 times)

HAPPY2BME

Donald Trump outshines other celebrities on social media
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:12:36 pm »
Trump raked in nearly 13.5 million Twitter mentions since Dec. 30, according to SocialFlow, a social media publishing platform.

Not only is billionaire Donald Trump outpolling the rest of the Republican presidential field, the former reality TV star has charged ahead of megastars Justin Bieber and Kanye West for celebrity mentions on social media, according to new data from the past month.

Trump raked in nearly 13.5 million Twitter mentions since Dec. 30, according to SocialFlow, a social media publishing platform. This put the real estate developer well ahead of virtually every major celebrity in the United States including Justin Bieber who brought in roughly 8 million, Kanye West with 6.2 million and Rihanna with 5.7 million.

Trump's Twitter account (@realDonaldTrump) has more than 5.9 million followers.

"If Trump gets elected there is no doubt in my mind Kanye replaces him in 2020," tweeted Peick (@andrewpeick) on Friday.

Trump has also proved his social media clout over his fellow Republican candidates. During Thursday's Republican presidential debate, the business tycoon commanded 36 percent of the Twitter traffic, according to data provided by the social media site. That was far more than his competitors on the main stage, even though Trump did not attend the debate.

Trump's dominance of social media was not constant, however.

On Wednesday, Kanye West's Twitter beef with fellow rapper Wiz Khalifa put his one-day mentions over Trump.

Even the late rock star David Bowie was a social media hero, just for one day. The day after he died, Twitter mentions of Bowie outpaced those of The Donald on Jan. 11.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/americas/donald-trump-outshines-other-celebrities-on-social-media
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:18:06 pm by mystery-ak »

HAPPY2BME

Re: Donald Trump outshines other celebrities on social media
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:13:21 pm »
Before the pipers pipe, it must be said that Barack Obama won THE LAST TWO ELECTIONS via Facebook and Twitter.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »
Before the pipers pipe, it must be said that Barack Obama won THE LAST TWO ELECTIONS via Facebook and Twitter.

Well Trump certainly knows how to use the social media..I will give him that!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »

===============================

If you will recall, both in 2004 and 2008, it was proven that the Facebook and Twitter movements that rallied around and for Barack Obama by those aging between 18 and 25 were not JUST a deciding factor in those elections, but THE deciding factor.

The Republicans never knew what hit them.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:38:58 pm »
===============================

If you will recall, both in 2004 and 2008, it was proven that the Facebook and Twitter movements that rallied around and for Barack Obama by those aging between 18 and 25 were not JUST a deciding factor in those elections, but THE deciding factor.

The Republicans never knew what hit them.

Yeah and they still aren't using it as they should...they are learning but still too slow.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 11:01:58 pm »

I give him that ..... and a lot more!!   ^-^

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:52 pm »
Yeah and they still aren't using it as they should...they are learning but still too slow.
I get material on Facebook from Rubio and Cruz.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:26 am »
Did Cruz change his twitter team or something?

They were on their game the first two debates, tweeting out points within seconds of him making them. Campaign stops, tweeted with a decent mix of humor in there. Last debate, almost nothing in comparison.  :shrug:

Only just thought about that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 01:16:52 am »

OMG, Mystery, you just said something nice about Trump. Prepare for the Furies to descend.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:45 am »
OMG, Mystery, you just said something nice about Trump. Prepare for the Furies to descend.

============================

Myst controls the fury (of the fury) here.  Sometimes the flame burns cold, sometimes hot.

I control my own heat.

And that's important.