Author Topic: Trump: We should deal with Iran the way I dealt with debate  (Read 611 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: We should deal with Iran the way I dealt with debate
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:11:17 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/267623-trump-we-should-deal-with-iran-the-way-i-dealt-with-debate

January 30, 2016, 04:38 pm
Trump: We should deal with Iran the way I dealt with debate

By Bradford Richardson

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is pointing to his tactics with Fox News over Thursday’s GOP debate as a model of how the U.S. should negotiate with Iran.

“The way you really should have negotiated that deal is, four years ago, when they had the prisoners, four years ago, you go and say you have to let our prisoners go,” Trump said at a rally in Dubuque, Iowa, of the Iran nuclear accord.

“And they’re going to say no. You leave the room. There’s nothing wrong with leaving. I did it the other night at the debate,” he added.

“I left. I left. And I love Fox, and I love Roger Ailes and all those guys. But I’ll tell you what, they weren’t treating me right.”

In retrospect, Trump said he was glad he skipped the debate, adding that it was “lousy” and “boring” without him.

“I think the debate turned out to be good that I didn’t do it,” he said. “It was a lousy debate anyway. Boring, boring. That was a hard thing to watch, wasn’t it?

“But it wouldn’t have been hard – if I had been there, you would have liked it, right?” he added.

He said his decision to skip Thursday’s debate had nothing to do with Fox News co-moderator Megyn Kelly, with whom he has been feuding.

“And it had nothing to do with – what was her name? – Megyn Kelly,” he said. “I don’t care about her. What the hell difference does it make? I didn’t get treated fairly by her, but I don’t care about her.”

Trump has said his decision to pull out of the debate was because of a press statement Fox News put out earlier in the week mocking him.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump: We should deal with Iran the way I dealt with debate
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:35:53 pm »
How can people not see that this guy is a narcissist??  If I read this article with absolutely NO background or opinion, I would say, what the heck is wrong with this child??

Yikes, his behavior is so unnerving..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »
That's exactly what Reagan did at Reykjavik.  Doesn't mean it is always a pattern and should always be used in every instance...but the best deals are often the ones you don't do. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:43:43 pm »
That's exactly what Reagan did at Reykjavik.  Doesn't mean it is always a pattern and should always be used in every instance...but the best deals are often the ones you don't do.

You know, if Trump had just talked about walking out on Iran instead of using his childish boycott of Fox because of mean Megyn Kelly, he might have made a point or two.

Associating it with the level of childishness that he continually possesses, and that Reagan was worlds away from, makes his point moot.

It's not about what's right.  It's all about him.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:53:44 pm »
You know, if Trump had just talked about walking out on Iran instead of using his childish boycott of Fox because of mean Megyn Kelly, he might have made a point or two.

Associating it with the level of childishness that he continually possesses, and that Reagan was worlds away from, makes his point moot.

It's not about what's right.  It's all about him.

I think the boycott of Fox worked for him, we will see in two days how all that went.

I know those that are not drawn to Trump won't agree with this, but I want someone full of themselves, aggressive, boisterous and dominant to take on the Democrat. Timid will not work...even quiet strength will not work in today's America.  To win against the massive built-in advantages of the Democrats in today's era of incredibly, unimaginably huge government (Bill has to love that era he said was over was only just beginning), one will have to boldly grab the election by the throat and strangle the life out of it.  Quiet dignity or Standard-issue Republican timidity will get us smashed into the mud by the Monster Truck coming at us.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 10:54:46 pm »
That's exactly what Reagan did at Reykjavik. 

Yup.    :patriot:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 10:57:25 pm »
I think the boycott of Fox worked for him, we will see in two days how all that went.

I know those that are not drawn to Trump won't agree with this, but I want someone full of themselves, aggressive, boisterous and dominant to take on the Democrat. Timid will not work...even quiet strength will not work in today's America.  To win against the massive built-in advantages of the Democrats in today's era of incredibly, unimaginably huge government (Bill has to love that era he said was over was only just beginning), one will have to boldly grab the election by the throat and strangle the life out of it.  Quiet dignity or Standard-issue Republican timidity will get us smashed into the mud by the Monster Truck coming at us.

====================================

The ones who survive are the ones who are driving 'the Monster Truck.'

Not the ones who get run over by it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 11:03:32 pm »

I understand what you want, Scott.  But Americans don't like bullies.  They don't like public figures to be crude, self-absorbed, misogynistic, mean to handicapped people, and arrogant beyond description.

He may have the fealty of a minority of Republican (moderates and liberals), but his chances of winning the election where independents and thoughtful conservatives vote are minimal. 

And the boycott only worked for him according to the same minority of the minority party.

IOW, it didn't work.

So his using his bad behavior as a comparison to how Iran should be dealt with, is folly.

And comparing him to Reagan, as always, is ludicrous.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 11:08:24 pm »
Some folks here are very much stuck in obsession.

The substance of the article is about how to negotiate with Iran, for the sake of our national security.

I like the fact Trump has the same solution as Pres. Reagan.

Based on the past week, I have no confidence that the Senator from Alberta would find the right answer.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:33 pm »
Some folks here are very much stuck in obsession.

The substance of the article is about how to negotiate with Iran, for the sake of our national security.

I like the fact Trump has the same solution as Pres. Reagan.

Based on the past week, I have no confidence that the Senator from Alberta would find the right answer.

You act as if your only choices are between Cruz, whom you despise and Trump, who is despicable.

There are other options if you have eliminated Cruz.

As for that 'obsession' thing......... only because there are so many examples day after day after day of childish behavior, and the desire most of us have to nominate an adult.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 12:20:42 am »
I understand what you want, Scott.  But Americans don't like bullies.  They don't like public figures to be crude, self-absorbed, misogynistic, mean to handicapped people, and arrogant beyond description.

He may have the fealty of a minority of Republican (moderates and liberals), but his chances of winning the election where independents and thoughtful conservatives vote are minimal. 

And the boycott only worked for him according to the same minority of the minority party.

IOW, it didn't work.

So his using his bad behavior as a comparison to how Iran should be dealt with, is folly.

And comparing him to Reagan, as always, is ludicrous.

I believe that "thoughtful conservatives" are a very, very small proportion of the electorate. They are also extremely disliked by all other parts of the electorate, which tends to cause the rest of the electorate to coalesce against a doctrinaire conservative.  If they were more than than the small cohort they are, there would have been more than one conservative elected in the past 90 years. 

I actually disagree very strongly that America doesn't want an aggressive, alpha president. What you see as a bully, I see as dominant. And fighting back is respected not reviled, no one gets a free pass to to be jerk spewing lies because he's handicapped...if someone wants to not have people be "mean" to them they shouldn't spread lies maliciously. If they want to spread those lies, then they should take what's coming to them.

I only compared him to Reagan, because what Trump was proposing is exactly what Reagan very famously did.  This should not offend anyone's sensibilities.

But we will see soon enough which of us is correct about what America wants in 2016.  I am more than happy to see where the chips fall.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:22:05 am by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 12:26:39 am »
I believe that "thoughtful conservatives" are a very, very small proportion of the electorate. They are also extremely disliked by all other parts of the electorate, which tends to cause the rest of the electorate to coalesce against a doctrinaire conservative.  If they were more than than the small cohort they are, there would have been more than one conservative elected in the past 90 years. 

I actually disagree very strongly that America doesn't want an aggressive, alpha president. What you see as a bully, I see as dominant. And fighting back is respected not reviled, no one gets a free pass to to be jerk spewing lies because he's handicapped...if someone wants to not have people be "mean" to them they shouldn't spread lies maliciously. If they want to spread those lies, then they should take what's coming to them.

I only compared him to Reagan, because what Trump was proposing is exactly what Reagan very famously did.  This should offend anyone's sensibilities.

But we will see soon enough which of us is correct about what America wants in 2016.  I am more than happy to see where the chips fall.

I have a family full of 'thoughtful conservatives' and a whole wide realm of acquaintances as well, and the response to Trump is universal, and 100% negative.

Now I am not so arrogant as to think the people I know are the only ones out there who are "thoughtful conservatives."

I'm sure there are those who are looking for a bully...... an "alpha male" to take over the country and run things, but I don 't think there are as many as you perceive there to be.  I know that there are a whole slew of them on TOS, but it's a mistake to think that a few websites are representative of the country as a whole.

btw, I watched Trump's disgusting behavior about the handicapped reporter, and there was no 'malicious lie' about it.  He mocked the handicapped.  Period.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 12:48:18 am »
Alpha male. What a foolish phrase. The mens rights weenies and the pick up artist community love it though, and, as they use it, Trump counts as one.

He isn't though. An alpha male doesn't need to brag. Doesn't need to attract attention. Doesn't need to put others down in order to elevate himself.

An alpha male just is.

Trump is, at best, a very practiced beta.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 01:30:03 am »

Show anyone a successful person that does not have an ego and you will see someone that is not successful.
Confidence = success and to be confident you must have an ego.  :seeya:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 01:46:54 am »
Bragging and over the top statements are what keeps Trump in almost every headline on this forum and in the media practically 24/7.  A lot of people criticize his behavior - and often fairly - but it seems to be working for him.  He has led in polls from the beginning.  I realize that not many people can pull that off, so it probably wouldn't work for anyone else.  I think he has run a masterful campaign so far.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 01:58:23 am »

An alpha male doesn't need to brag. Doesn't need to attract attention.

An alpha male just is.

He does if he is running for president in America in 2016 against an entrenched government establishment.

There is a name, actually a few of them, for a candidate that doesn't attract attention, he just "is": Jeb Bush...John Kasich...Rand Paul...Scott Walker...Mike Huckabee...Chris Christie...

...Bob Dylan