Author Topic: Ted Cruz got the Trump treatment at the GOP debate. He handled it much better than Trump.  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/29/ted-cruz-got-the-trump-treatment-at-the-gop-debate-he-handled-it-much-better-than-trump/?postshare=2291454092895362&tid=ss_tw-bottom

By Callum Borchers January 29 at 12:50 PM

Donald Trump's absence at Thursday's Republican presidential debate created a big opportunity for Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas — a big opportunity to fail, that is.

All the talk going in was that Cruz, running second nationally and in Iowa, would get more time to make his case for the White House before Monday's caucuses, while Trump held his rival event across town in Des Moines. True enough. But with the blustery billionaire missing from the debate stage, Cruz also became the de facto front-runner and faced what was clearly the toughest questioning from Fox News moderators.

He could have buckled under the pressure. He didn't.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Interesting because everything I've read today from the left or the "right" says Cruz bombed and Bush and Rubio shined.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Interesting because everything I've read today from the left or the "right" says Cruz bombed and Bush and Rubio shined.

That is certainly the post-debate meme all over the media today.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That is certainly the post-debate meme all over the media today.

I learned in my 20's that TV is not at all representative of reality.

Hawkeye and Trapper John would have lost their medical licenses and would have been sent home on a Section 8, Psych discharge. There is no drunk wise-cracking surgeon who would last beyond one year, if that. What if that was me on that table?

Maverick, Goose, and Cougar would have all been discharged unceremoniously as being 'unfit' for military duty.

All those guys in "The Office", would be fired and unemployed.

What point am I making?

Real people in positions of power or money or responsibility, HATE jokes. I would never make a joke at work, except in very limited and specific circumstances.

Bosses don't like their employees to be funny. They want them to be sober and serious at all times, within a limit of course. Politically, humor is dangerous. Humor can backfire at work and in world in a very serious way.

This is why Ted Cruz failed. He was trying to be 'cute' and 'funny', and that is not what anyone wants. Do you want to fail at work? All you have to do is start trying to be being funny. Then everyone will laugh whenever they see you.

Look, I am trying to say that nobody wants a 'funny' President. And that it is not your place to do. Position equals responsibility. And responsibility means you have to appear and behave in a certain way. And 'funny' is not one of those acceptable ways.

Hey Cruz, how about less schtick, and more dignity. Just my small piece of advice. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:12:04 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.