Author Topic: Records Confirm: Trump Lied about $100K Speaking Fee in Iowa  (Read 605 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Records Confirm: Trump Lied about $100K Speaking Fee in Iowa
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:45:33 am »
The latest person to find themselves in the crosshairs of Donald Trump’s twitter act is prominent Iowa evangelical Bob Vander Plaats. The specific accusation that Trump leveled against Vander Plaats is that Vander Plaats asked for $100K to arrange for Trump to come speak at an Iowa event that he, generously, was willing to do. Vander Plaats’ response was that it was Trump, in fact, who was paid the massive speaking fee, and that he (Vander Plaats) got nothing.

As you find more often than not when Trump calls someone else a liar, the facts demonstrate that in fact it is Trump who is telling a bald faced lie. The Des Moines Register asked the event hosts to look at any documents they had for the event, and the...

http://www.redstate.com/2016/01/26/records-confirm-trump-lied-100k-speaking-fee-iowa/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Records Confirm: Trump Lied about $100K Speaking Fee in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:21 am »
I have trouble believing anything I read at Redstate.  Their hyperbole and bitter hatred of Donald Trump runs off the page.  Perhaps if they could turn the hate dial down from "eleven" to about 5 or 6, it would sound more reasonable to me.

I tend not to put much trust in anyone described as a prominent evangelical - most of them make my skin crawl.   

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:32:17 pm »
I have trouble believing anything I read at Redstate.  Their hyperbole and bitter hatred of Donald Trump runs off the page.  Perhaps if they could turn the hate dial down from "eleven" to about 5 or 6, it would sound more reasonable to me.

I tend not to put much trust in anyone described as a prominent evangelical - most of them make my skin crawl.   

I hear ya, Alice.  If it weren't for the fact that they provide evidence, I wouldn't either.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:53:45 pm »
I hear ya, Alice.  If it weren't for the fact that they provide evidence, I wouldn't either.

Well, I appreciate your effort, but it's not something that I even care to look into.   :shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!