Author Topic: Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website Directs All Donations To Trump’s Personal Foundation Instead  (Read 4210 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
After ducking the final Republican presidential debate heading into next week’s Iowa caucuses, GOP front-runner Donald Trump announced that he would hold his own pro-veterans event during the debate to raise money for veterans. Trump even set up a special website to solicit donations to help veterans.

“Honor their valor,” the website, donaldtrumpforvets.com, states. “Donate now to help our Veterans.”

The website, which is nothing more than a single page with stock photos and a credit card donation form, claims that “100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs.”

There’s only one problem: 100% of the money raised on the site goes directly to Donald Trump’s personal non-profit foundation, according to a disclosure listed at the bottom of the page.

“The Donald J Trump Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization,” the disclosure reads. “An email confirmation with a summary of your donation will be sent to the email address provided above.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/28/trumps-new-pro-veterans-website-directs-all-donations-to-trumps-personal-foundation/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wow.

That's almost Clinton Foundation-level shadiness.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

Next:  Bill Clinton had major facial reconstruction and is now impersonating Donald Trump. 

Offline katzenjammer

Anyone think to consider that since this event has been put together in the past 24+ hours, that doing the paperwork to setup up an appropriate 501(c) entity to handle the collected funds may not happen instantly?  I'm quite sure that the accounting measures needed to segregate these funds are in place.

But no, it is better for the desperate to run around  ***hair on fire and try to imply that he is intending to abscond with the donations.  Each day the level of desperation gets kicked up a notch.  Quite something to behold.   :whistle:

HAPPY2BME

But no, it is better for the desperate to run around  ***hair on fire and try to imply that he is intending to abscond with the donations.  Each day the level of desperation gets kicked up a notch.  Quite something to behold.   :whistle:

==========================

Behold the implode ..

GOP IMPLODING THANKS TO 'FOX NEWS' - Geller: I Support Cruz; but the War on Trump is Extreme and Repulsive

Offline ABX

Anyone think to consider that since this event has been put together in the past 24+ hours, that doing the paperwork to setup up an appropriate 501(c) entity to handle the collected funds may not happen instantly?  I'm quite sure that the accounting measures needed to segregate these funds are in place.

He could have simply pointed the donation button to any of the multitude of Veterans foundations and cut out the middle man. Instead, the money raised until all that happens has to go through the Foundation's board and rules regarding distribution and that doesn't guarantee where it goes. Currently that foundation gives to organizations as diverse as UNICEF to The Open Society Foundation.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Or he could donate the proceeds directly. You know, like most commoners do.

But no, he's soliciting it to his own "foundation" (read: tax shelter).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

He could have simply pointed the donation button to any of the multitude of Veterans foundations and cut out the middle man. Instead, the money raised until all that happens has to go through the Foundation's board and rules regarding distribution and that doesn't guarantee where it goes. Currently that foundation gives to organizations as diverse as UNICEF to The Open Society Foundation.

You forget one thing. Trump said, he's raising money for the veterans. You can bet, veterans are getting the money that comes in.

Offline ABX

You forget one thing. Trump said...

There is the rub. From seeing his history, the words of Shakespeare come to mind... "...words, words, words.. a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.." (yes, paraphrased)

Trump's history shows his word is only as good as the moment he is making it and not longer than that.  He has never been one to keep his word and as you know as you've said you read The Art of the Deal, lying (for lack of a better term) is a negotiation strategy he employs. He even bragged about lying about building progress in The Art of the Deal to get more funding (a project that went bankrupt after the book was written by the way).

IMHO, his word is no better than if Hillary started saying the same things tomorrow.

Offline ABX

Sean Davis
‏@seanmdav

Donald Trump's veterans website domain wasn't even registered until this morning.

Offline katzenjammer

You forget one thing. Trump said, he's raising money for the veterans. You can bet, veterans are getting the money that comes in.

An aside from the individuals that go to the website to donate, there will likely be a lot of other large donations added into the overall fund.  At a certain point, when the donation period closes, they will be divided up according to the what is announced tonight.

It is beyond absurd to see the nonsense being spouted about this.  Yeah, he is going to steal the money!   :silly:

Offline katzenjammer

Sean Davis
‏@seanmdav

Donald Trump's veterans website domain wasn't even registered until this morning.

Wow!  Amazing, what a find Sean!!  Another breathless moron.

(Here's a clue: the event was just announced yesterday!)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

But that would have been FAR to simple  and HONEST!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

But that would have been FAR to simple  and HONEST!

Do you really think that he is trying to steal the money, or divert it to some other use?

Seriously?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Do you really think that he is trying to steal the money, or divert it to some other use?

Seriously?

I've told you  before that I don't trust Trump and nothing has changed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

I've told you  before that I don't trust Trump and nothing has changed!

That is beyond ridiculous!

(Certainly not something that I would expect from you!)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That is beyond ridiculous!

(Certainly not something that I would expect from you!)

As you wish. Simply the truth. I have had the unfortunate  experience  of having to deal with people  like him before!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

Only time will tell!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

$5 million raised so far .... Trump gave $1 million himself.

HonestJohn

I posted this earlier, but there is good information about the Veterans for a Strong America organization at these links:

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00521302
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_for_a_Strong_America

It's a registered superPAC.

It has $30 in cash on-hand and $318 in debt.

It is chaired by Joel Arends and is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

(and it looks like it's been created and led by him and him alone)

Offline aligncare

An aside from the individuals that go to the website to donate, there will likely be a lot of other large donations added into the overall fund.  At a certain point, when the donation period closes, they will be divided up according to the what is announced tonight.

It is beyond absurd to see the nonsense being spouted about this.  Yeah, he is going to steal the money!   :silly:

Yeah. It's always tempting for billionaires to steal pocket change from wounded veterans on national TV.

Offline NavyCanDo

The truth will come out. But regardless, If I want to give to a charity like Wounded Warriors, or to a candidate running for office, I only do so directly. I would no more give to a foundation entrusted to forward my money to veterans groups than I would to the RNC or United Way.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

That is why it is called "Derangement."  It must be frustrating. I watched the Veteran show on C-span

The guy named SFC John Wayne Walding was amazing. Lost a leg. Still it seems like his glass is nearly full.

Trump made his appearance happen.

All of the other small candidates could have been there. Taken a risk. Employed new thinking.  But none of them did.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:08:59 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

Yes, I settled on the C-SPAN stream as well.

We commented in the live thread: Trump and this event gave these men and their programs a National TV audience to tell their stories from their time in service, to the current challenges that they are facing and meeting.  In my opinion, that may likely be more valuable than the large sum of money raised.