Author Topic: Donald Trump is Setting Up Fox News to be the Scapegoat for an ‘Unfair’ Iowa Loss  (Read 443 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
We are about to witness bankruptcy #5 for a Trump-related entity. This time, he's filing a strategic bankruptcy on behalf of his campaign to establish protection against the blow back from his upcoming loss in Iowa. If he pulls this off, it will be the rallying cry he needs to convince his current and future supporters that it's them versus everyone else. He's going to play the victim card. It's probably going to work.

Donald Trump knows that whether or not he attends the Fox News Iowa debate, he's probably going to lose the state. He knows this because he's proven to be a master at campaign strategy, albeit an unconventional one. Most of us expected his early missteps to be indicators that he would fade or implode. What we didn't realize is that he wasn't playing the standard campaign game. He brought a new level of campaigning to the table that he's been crafting for over a decade and that he's been mastering in business his whole life.

He stepped into the boxing ring against several experienced boxers and he unleashed some jujitsu on them. They never saw it coming. In a way, we may be witnessing the most amazing long game confidence trick in the history of man, something that may become a permanent part of the history books akin to Alexander The Great's rise and fall... but I digress....

http://www.redstate.com/diary/jdrucker/2016/01/27/donald-trump-setting-fox-news-scapegoat-unfair-iowa-loss/?utm_content=buffer9237f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline musiclady

The world is so unfair for poor widdew Donnie......

I'll bet you any money he blames Megyn Kelly for a loss in Iowa because she was so mean to him.

He's PATHETIC.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If anything would concern The Donald about Iowa, this would:

Cruz is leading by a yuge margin among previous caucus goers in Iowa.
http://cnmnewz.com/q-poll-in-iowa-cruz-leads-among-previous-caucus-goers-trump-among-new/

Most Iowa polls are just general who do you favor polls but don't distinguish those who have participated in caucuses before.  The Iowa Caucus isn't like a regular primary vote. Going to a caucus is an event and requires a day set aside, planning, and a lot of coordination. It works very different than regular voting. This would tend to favor those who have experience with caucusing. General voter polls may not reflect what happens there.

The Donald's team may know this.

Offline musiclady

If anything would concern The Donald about Iowa, this would:

Cruz is leading by a yuge margin among previous caucus goers in Iowa.
http://cnmnewz.com/q-poll-in-iowa-cruz-leads-among-previous-caucus-goers-trump-among-new/

Most Iowa polls are just general who do you favor polls but don't distinguish those who have participated in caucuses before.  The Iowa Caucus isn't like a regular primary vote. Going to a caucus is an event and requires a day set aside, planning, and a lot of coordination. It works very different than regular voting. This would tend to favor those who have experience with caucusing. General voter polls may not reflect what happens there.

The Donald's team may know this.

Everyone with a functioning brain cell in Iowa needs to participate in these caucuses.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

If you recall in the very first debate Trump stated that IF he wasn't treated fairly, he would consider a 3rd party run.  No on is mistreating him; but he is now giving the illusion of being mistreated (it is he that is refusing to debate).  Do not be surprised if this is his excuse to run 3rd party and hand Clinton or Bernie the keys to the castle.  It was his intent from the beginning.  He has duped all of his supporters.  Of course ... this is strictly my opinion.  But the chain of events are sure pointing in that direction.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Everyone with a functioning brain cell in Iowa needs to participate in these caucuses.
Yeah, really because the GOP contest there is so important--NOT.

Huckabee and Santorum won the last two times, and Obama won both of those times.

It therefore matters little to nothing. They will probably vote for Hillary.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

If you recall in the very first debate Trump stated that IF he wasn't treated fairly, he would consider a 3rd party run.  No on is mistreating him; but he is now giving the illusion of being mistreated (it is he that is refusing to debate).  Do not be surprised if this is his excuse to run 3rd party and hand Clinton or Bernie the keys to the castle.  It was his intent from the beginning.  He has duped all of his supporters.  Of course ... this is strictly my opinion.  But the chain of events are sure pointing in that direction.

It's a valid opinion, liberty.  He's either holding a grudge over a non-slight slight for a very long time (indicating a teenaged at best maturity level), or he's using the imaginary "unfairness" to bounce off on a third party run.

No matter what, the idea that he's a stalking horse for Hillary is still very much viable.

Offline musiclady

Yeah, really because the GOP contest there is so important--NOT.

Huckabee and Santorum won the last two times, and Obama won both of those times.

It therefore matters little to nothing. They will probably vote for Hillary.

It's more likely that they would vote for Bernie, doesn't it?

I know that Iowa's more important symbolically than in reality, and that you don't like Cruz, but it's still important that serious non-Trump groupies get to the caucuses and caucus.  ^-^

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Trump is already doing a 3rd party run - within the Republican party.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It's more likely that they would vote for Bernie, doesn't it?

I know that Iowa's more important symbolically than in reality, and that you don't like Cruz, but it's still important that serious non-Trump groupies get to the caucuses and caucus.  ^-^
I think less of Cruz than many do. I think he is not electable, due to his extreme positions in relation to the entire electorate. I want a nominee that can win the general, not somebody that merely pleases the fringe of the electorate.

I also question his eligibility, since there is no legal precedent for a President born outside the US.

It pleased Huckabee and Santorum backers for a few weeks when they won Iowa in 2008 and 2012, but it meant nothing in the end. Nothing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln