Author Topic: Poor El Chapo can’t get a good night’s sleep in jail  (Read 173 times)

rangerrebew

Poor El Chapo can’t get a good night’s sleep in jail
« on: January 27, 2016, 01:25:23 pm »

By David K. Li

January 26, 2016 | 10:17am
Modal Trigger
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman is not enjoying life in prison. Photo: Televisa

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman can barely get any shuteye in prison because of a “boisterous” guard dog and intrusive guards who check on him every waking hour, according to his lawyer.

“I haven’t been able to sleep at all,” the recaptured drug lord said in a statement through his defense lawyer Jose Gonzalez.

The narco kingpin — the recipient of around-the-clock attention from his Mexican jailers since his recapture on Jan. 8 — said guards check on him every hour during the day, and every two hours at night — waking him if he’s nodded off.

And a “boisterous guard dog” is by El Chapo’s cell at all times, according to Gonzalez.
El Chapo’s lawyer Jose Gonzalez holds a Mexican magazine showing his client and a guard dog on Jan. 19.Photo: Getty Images

“They wake me up to take the register every hour during the day and every two hours at night, and there is a dog next to me which barks a lot and stops me sleeping,” El Chapo said of his lack of sleep at Altiplano prison.

Gonzalez said his client — who busted out of the same prison in July — has not been allowed to see “his family since before he was detained.”

The lawyer also criticized the “complete lack of facilities” at Altiplano “as there are no phones in the rooms.”

The United States is seeking to have El Chapo extradited to face drug-trafficking charges on this side of the border.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/26/poor-el-chapo-cant-get-a-good-nights-sleep-in-jail/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:26:33 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Poor El Chapo can’t get a good night’s sleep in jail
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 01:28:03 pm »
 :03:  :hard crying:  :screaming2: