Author Topic: Hillary: Justice Obama 'a great idea.' 'I think the Supreme Court has been heading in the wrong direction'  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary: Justice Obama 'a great idea'
'I think the Supreme Court has been heading in the wrong direction'
Published: 9 hours ago

Hillary Clinton and President Obama (White House photo)

Democrat front-runner Hillary Clinton has a “great idea” that will make conservatives across America shudder if she becomes president: Nominate President Obama to the Supreme Court.

At a campaign rally in Decorah, Iowa, Tuesday, Clinton was asked about the possibility of nominating the 44th president to the high court.

“The next president will probably appoint several members of the Supreme Court. Would you consider appointing Obama?” a man asked.

“Wow, what a great idea!” she declared as her face lit up and her mouth dropped wide open. “Nobody has ever suggested that to me. Wow! I love that! Wow!”

Clinton continued, “He may have a few other things to do. But, I’ll tell ya, that’s a great idea. … I would certainly take that under advisement. He’s brilliant. And he can set forth an argument. And he was a law professor, so he’s got all the credentials. ”

Watch the question and Clinton’s comments beginning at the 7:41 mark:

Like many other justices on the court, Obama graduated from Harvard Law School. In 1990, Obama beat out 18 other contenders to become the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.

There have been several rumors surrounding Obama's plans when he leaves office. A recent one says he is considering moving to New York to teach at Columbia Law School. Others claim he's been eyeing the position of U.N. secretary-general.

Even if Obama were chosen to serve on the high court, his nomination would likely face opposition in the Judiciary Committee if Republicans retain control of the Senate. GOP presidential candidate and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, serves on the committee.

"Now, we do have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed," Clinton told the rally. "So you're going to have to help me on that, OK?"

Clinton noted that the next U.S. president could be responsible for nominating up to three Supreme Court justices, depending on which ones choose to retire.

"I think the Supreme Court has really, unfortunately, been heading in the wrong direction," she said. "We need new justices who actually understand the challenges we face."

President Obama has made two successful Supreme Court appointments: Justice Sonia Sotomayor and Justice Elena Kagan.

Last summer, Fox News contributor Zev Chafets suggested Hillary promise to nominate Obama to the Supreme Court to stimulate "a huge black turnout" at the election.

"There is a precedent," Chafets wrote. "William Howard Taft went from the White House to the Court. As a former constitutional lawyer and teacher, Obama is more than qualified professionally.

"The president has been a persistent critic of the conservative-leaning Roberts Court. He would automatically become the leader of the Court's liberal faction and perhaps – with additional Clinton appointments – its eventual majority. That, in turn, would give him a chance to defend his own presidential legacy and press his agenda.

"Not incidentally, appointing Obama to the Supreme Court would serve the interests of President Hillary Clinton. Out of office, Obama would likely remain the de facto leader of the Democratic African-American base and a powerful voice on issues like immigration, gun control, voting rights and free trade. This is the sort of influence no president wants to cede to a predecessor. She’s stuck with Bill, but she's not married to Barack. Put him on the Supreme Court and he won’t be able to (overtly) meddle in party politics or constrain her presidential power."

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/hillary-justice-obama-a-great-idea/#WXoCm0c0Ye5aI4l3.99

rangerrebew

She has taken her pandering to a whole new level.  ****brownnoser  888buttkisser

Online libertybele

Justice Obama?  God help us all!!  Another reason we need to elect a conservative.  3 justice positions will be chosen.  We certainly don't want a liberal making that choice (nor a conservative with stripes).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline flowers

She has taken her pandering to a whole new level.  ****brownnoser  888buttkisser
you should have heard her at the townhall the other night. It was a whole new level of praise for obama. Now we know what the plan is if she becomes queen.  **nononono* 

Online mountaineer

Sure, we need a justice who has no actual experience as a lawyer.  **nononono*  Would he finally be required to release his transcripts if he were nominated?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

“The next president will probably appoint several members of the Supreme Court. Would you consider appointing Obama?” a man asked.

“Wow, what a great idea!” she declared as her face lit up and her mouth dropped wide open. “Nobody has ever suggested that to me. Wow! I love that! Wow!”

Yes, just an organic, spontaneous moment.  HRC was shocked!   SHOCKED, I tell you!   :silly:

What an absolute phony.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024