Author Topic: Sanders: ‘We will raise taxes, yes we will’  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders: ‘We will raise taxes, yes we will’
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:00:12 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266987-sanders-we-will-raise-taxes-yes-we-will

January 25, 2016, 09:36 pm
Sanders: ‘We will raise taxes, yes we will’

By Jonathan Easley

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders may have provided Hillary Clinton with campaign advertisement fodder at Monday night’s Democratic presidential forum in Iowa, acknowledging that his healthcare plan will require raising taxes.

Sanders was pressed on the specifics of his Medicare For All healthcare plan, which he has said will require a tax hike but which he claims will save individuals money overall by eliminating private healthcare premiums.

“We will raise taxes, yes we will,” Sanders declared, calling criticim of his plan “disingenuous.”

But Clinton allies were already taking to Twitter to hammer Sanders for the remarks.

Christina Reynolds @creynoldsnc

"We will raise taxes, yes we will." @BernieSanders on his health care plan. #DemTownHall
8:13 PM - 25 Jan 2016

Ian Sams @IanSams

"We will raise taxes. Yes, we will." - @BernieSanders
8:13 PM - 25 Jan 2016

The Clinton campaign has accused Sanders of seeking to dismantle ObamaCare to implement a single-payer system, warning that he risks giving away gains liberals have made under the Affordable Care Act.

Some have questioned that line of attack; the single-payer system is popular among liberal primary voters.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Sanders: ‘We will raise taxes, yes we will’
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:04:50 pm »
Ted Cruz's 'FLAT TAX' is a much better solution than Bernie Sander's redistribution of wealth.

The IRS is not afraid of either one of them.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »

Now, there's a winning campaign strategy. Vote for me, I'll bring your financial life to it's knees.

I sure hope the Democrats nominate either Hillary or Bernie Sanders.  888bravo

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »
Now, there's a winning campaign strategy. Vote for me, I'll bring your financial life to it's knees.

=============================================

Hillary if she is not dead or in jail.

Sanders if Bloomberg decides not to blow a Billion$ at the last minute.

Joe Biden if Hillary, Sanders, and Bloomberg are all in the same train wreck on the same day.

All assumptions.

Nobody can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory though like a Republican can.

circa 2012.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »
=============================================

Hillary if she is not dead or in jail.

Sanders if Bloomberg decides not to blow a Billion$ at the last minute.

Joe Biden if Hillary, Sanders, and Bloomberg are all in the same train wreck on the same day.

All assumptions.

circa 2012.

Just a quick note. Bloomberg is a well-known nanny. Anti-gun and second amendment, pro-abortion, told the people of NYC what size soda they're allowed to buy and how much salt NYC chefs can use in their cuisine, and, by the way, a lifelong democrat before he suddenly switched parties just before entering the race for NYC mayor because the Democrat field was so crowded.

Trust me. If Bloomberg runs third-party, his support will come right off the top of Democrat voters. Hillary or Bernie are toast. Why do you think Trump publicly welcomed Bloomberg to run against him?

Trump is very smart. He knows this. Bloomberg? Bring it on!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
Quote from: HAPPY2BME

Indeed.  We're committing political suicide. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:08:37 pm »
Indeed.  We're committing political suicide.

Surprise you don't LUV Bernie but Bloomberg is more your taste of LIB ideology and the UNIPARTY? :nometalk:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
Surprise you don't LUV Bernie but Bloomberg is more your taste of LIB ideology and the UNIPARTY? :nometalk:

It's not a matter of "loving" Sanders or Bloomberg but loathing Trump and his pajama party of hate. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:00:15 pm »
It's not a matter of "loving" Sanders or Bloomberg but loathing Trump and his pajama party of hate.

======================================

I know why you are saying this, and I can understand your viewpoint.

Drastic destruction takes drastic reparation methods - fingers in dikes aren't working.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 09:07:55 pm »
======================================

I know why you are saying this, and I can understand your viewpoint.

Drastic destruction takes drastic reparation methods - fingers in dikes aren't working.

"Drastic repair" will occur by electing a Republican President while retaining a GOP Congress.   That's within our grasp,  but not if we nominate someone who's unelectable and takes the Senate down with him.  Sometimes I feel we've met the enemy, and he is us.   

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 09:09:32 pm »
"Drastic repair" will occur by electing a Republican President while retaining a GOP Congress.   That's within our grasp,  but not if we nominate someone who's unelectable and takes the Senate down with him.  Sometimes I feel we've met the enemy, and he is us.

================================

If you are a legal, law-abiding American citizen, then I am NOT your enemy.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 09:13:21 pm »
I watched some of that town hall last night. Unreal.....telling the crowd he was going to raise taxes, all of them in the crowd clapping.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 01:55:48 am »
Sanders:
‘We will raise taxes, yes we will’

Bernie, you ought to check with Walter Mondale on that one...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 01:35:27 pm »

Let's not forget that Sanders' signature reform,  single payer health coverage financed by general taxation,  has real appeal to both middle class voters and business owners.   Since WW2,  tax policy has encouraged most Americans to get their health coverage as a perk of their employment.   And it's become both objectively and unpredictably expensive.   It makes up a third or more of the value of the compensation package of many working Americans,  and has become so expensive that employers in industries where the competitive environment allows them to do so either drop coverage or keep raising the share the employees must pay out of their own pockets.  It's a broken system, and ObamaCare is too weak and poorly crafted a reform to fix it. 

It also leads to the outsourcing of jobs overseas.   In America,  the cost of health coverage stands out like a sore thumb in a company's bottom line,  and affects every decision made whether to hire or replace employees.  In most developed countries with single payor,  health coverage is not dependent on employment but rather is financed through taxation that spreads the burden to all.   That puts foreign employers at a key competitive advantage as compared with U.S. employers.

While there's no question that single payor will "raise taxes",  it is also quite obvious that for many working Americans and and their employers,  it will,  from the standpoints of current cost and predictability of future costs,  be a boon.   The financial case for single payor is, IMO, pretty solid.   The problems with single payor have to do with the things that will be lost if we jettison the current system financed by private insurance, expensive and inefficient as it is -  access to providers,  quality of care,  rationing of care, and incentives for innovation. 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:37:24 pm by Jazzhead »