Author Topic: Young voter tells Clinton: 'My friends think you’re dishonest'  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266990-young-voter-tells-clinton-my-friends-think-youre

January 25, 2016, 11:00 pm
Young voter tells Clinton: 'My friends think you’re dishonest'

By Jonathan Easley

Hillary Clinton was confronted at the Democratic forum Monday night by a young man who informed her that his friends don’t find her trustworthy.

At the forum in Iowa, in which all three candidates separately fielded questions from voters in the state, one participant stood and told Clinton that he doesn’t see the same enthusiasm from young people for her that he sees for her main rival, Bernie Sanders.

“In fact, I’ve heard quite a few people my age that think you’re dishonest,” said the questioner, Taylor Gipple.

Clinton noted that she has a strong cohort of high school students enthusiastically working on her behalf, but said she’s not surprised to hear that because she’s been under attack from Republicans for so long.

“If you’re new to politics, if it’s the first time you’ve really paid attention, you go ‘oh my gosh, look at all of this’ and say, ‘why are they throwing all of that at her’?,” the former first lady responded. “I’ll tell you why — because I’ve been on the front lines of change and progress since I was your age. I’ve been fighting for kids and women and the people left out and left behind to help them make the most of their lives.”

Clinton also said that she’s happy to see young people engaged on the Democratic side no matter who they’re supporting.

“I’m totally happy to see young people involved in any way,” the former secretary of State said. “That’s what we want — a good primary to pick a nominee and then everybody to join together to make sure we win.”

Polling shows that Sanders, a Vermont senator, far outpaces Clinton with voters under 50, while she does far better among older voters.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Young voter tells Clinton: 'My friends think you’re dishonest'
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »
Clinton noted that she has a strong cohort of high school students enthusiastically working on her behalf, but said she’s not surprised to hear that because she’s been under attack from Republicans for so long.

===================================

'working on her behalf'

Pay attention here.  This translates into FACEBOOK and TWITTER votes.

Very tricky.  Obama laser-focused on that one segment of voters and handed Karl Rove his ass, both in 2004 and in 2008.

Speaking of 'segment voters,' we know them as 'swing voters.'

Does anybody here actually believe Ted Cruz can appeal to this same segment of voters represented in this same young man calling Hillary out for being a 'liar?'

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »
If Hillary is the nominee, Cruz doesn't need to appeal to them. They'll stay home. They don't like Hillary enough to make the effort to get out and vote for her, and they don't dislike Cruz enough to make the effort to go vote against him.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:29:01 pm »
If Hillary is the nominee, Cruz doesn't need to appeal to them. They'll stay home. They don't like Hillary enough to make the effort to get out and vote for her, and they don't dislike Cruz enough to make the effort to go vote against him.

Good point.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »
You can rarely go wrong by factoring laziness into any election  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink