Author Topic: Here’s a Secret About The 1st Legal Slave Owner in America… The Media Doesn’t Want To Report This  (Read 1307 times)

rangerrebew

Here’s a Secret About The 1st Legal Slave Owner in America… The Media Doesn’t Want To Report This

Most liberals just cannot stand the sight or sound of truth. Facts go over their heads as they look for opportunities to call others “intolerant” of their worldviews, resort to logic that they don’t recognize as faulty, and stoop to ad hominem commentary because they have no foundation on which to stand.

Now, just imagine if I told them that slavery in American was started by a black man — yikes.

The black male I am referring to is Anthony Johnson, who died in 1670. He was an Angolan slave who was freed in the Colony of Virginia in 1635.

Johnson had been taken prisoner in the Portuguese colony of Angola by members of an enemy tribe and sold to Arab slave traders. He was eventually sold as an indentured servant to a merchant working for the Virginia Company.

By 1651, Johnson owned 250 acres and had five indentured servants — four white men and one black man. In March, John Casor, the black indentured servant, demanded that Johnson set him free upon the end of his seven years of indenture.

Johnson stubbornly retorted that Casor was his servant for life and that he knew of no such indentured servitude.

At that point, neighbors George and Robert Parker got involved. According to Delmarva Settlers, who was one of Johnson’s servants, there were threats hurled at Johnson by the Parker brothers, leading to the speedy release of Casor.

But Johnson wasn’t pleased with having been forced into letting Casor off the hook, so a lawsuit was filed. The case, Johnson v. Parker, was a pivotal precedent that set into motion the enslavement of blacks in America.

Here is the final ruling, provided by the court of Northampton County:

“This daye Anthony Johnson negro made his complaint to the court against mr. Robert Parker and declared that hee deteyneth his servant John Casor negro under the pretence that said negro was a free man. The court seriously consideringe and maturely weighing the premisses, doe fynde that the saide Mr. Robert Parker most unjustly keepeth the said Negro from Anthony Johnson his master … It is therefore the Judgement of the Court and ordered That the said John Casor Negro forthwith returne unto the service of the said master Anthony Johnson, And that Mr. Robert Parker make payment of all charges in the suit.”

Leftists, you now have your facts — it’s up to you whether or not you’ll admit their authenticity.

http://conservativetribune.com/1st-slave-owner-in-america/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=ConservativeHeadlinesEmail&utm_campaign=PM1&utm_content=2016-01-23
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:37:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I learned that on Glenn Beck's tv show.  I had never heard it before.  I wish Glenn would get back to stuff like that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"The black male I am referring to is Anthony Johnson, who died in 1670. He was an Angolan slave who was freed in the Colony of Virginia in 1635."

I read a few years ago that he came to Jamestown as a indentured servant from one of the Caribbean Island,and he had been a free man there.

Which makes more sense because the Arab slavers sold slaves,not indentured servants,and he could have easily came from an island controlled by the England,where slavery was illegal.

Johnson died in what is called Maryland today,the owner of a horse farm. He had married a free black woman and had several children with her. IIRC,the horse farm was sold so the children could split the money.

Everything  I wrote may be wrong,but it is what I read when I first heard of him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I believe this has been reported here in the past but it never hurts for those who need to see it to see it again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I believe this has been reported here in the past but it never hurts for those who need to see it to see it again!

it needs to be taught in the public schools,but I suspect any history teacher that tried would be both fired and physically attacked. Too many people make too much money off of hating whitey over slavery to ever allow the truth to air.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
it needs to be taught in the public schools,but I suspect any history teacher that tried would be both fired and physically attacked. Too many people make too much money off of hating whitey over slavery to ever allow the truth to air.

Teach actual honest history in public schools? What the HELL is wrong with you? Wash your mouth out with soap sir! Sacrilege!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien