Author Topic: Reuters Poll: Trump’s Support Jumps to 40 Percent  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Reuters Poll: Trump’s Support Jumps to 40 Percent
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:23:47 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/22/reuters-poll-trumps-support-jumps-to-40-percent/

Reuters Poll: Trump’s Support Jumps to 40 Percent
by NEIL MUNRO
22 Jan 2016

A new Reuters poll of Republicans shows that GOP frontrunner Donald Trump has expanded his national lead over rivals since his Jan. 19 endorsement by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The new poll of 2,508 Republicans, taken over several days, showed Trump at 40 percent and Cruz sharply down to 10.5 percent. That’s a 29.5-point margin.

Reuters’ Jan. 19 results showed Trump at 33 percent to Cruz’s 16 percent, which was a 17-point margin.

The Reuters poll is here, and can be adjusted to show the candidates’ popularity among various subgroups. For example, Trump scored 38.4 percent among marrieds, 39 percent among people with an income of $50,000 to $70,000, 37 percent among people who earn above $150,000, and 36 percent among people older than 60.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Reuters Poll: Trump’s Support Jumps to 40 Percent
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:44:50 pm »

The Senator from Alberta met his Waterloo over the weekend.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »

Sometimes you just gotta look reality square in the face.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 06:08:32 pm »
The Senator from Alberta met his Waterloo over the weekend.

Are these polls from BB (before Beck) or AB (after Beck)? 

Listening to Beck's disconnected ramblings at Ted's rally made me sad for Ted Cruz.  I could see it on his face, he knew Beck was not helping him any, but there was nothing he could do to stop it.  Beck has taken Cruz under his wing and in helping to finance him, is now part owner of him. 

Listening to Beck's king-making megalomanic attempt, I got a chill down my spine - like I was walking on Ted Cruz's grave.

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »
If I didn't know better, it would almost appear Ted Cruz had been 'set up.'

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 08:01:11 pm »

Does it appear to anyone that Beck has "evolved" in his immigration status?  Haven't heard him call for a wall anymore.  It went through my mind the other day when someone was talking about him & Cruz passing out teddy bears and soccer balls to the unaccompanied undocumented flood of children that came in waves ........

.......I remember a lot of "faith-based" groups collecting a LOT of money from the government for taking these children and helping to relocate them, etc.  I wondered if Beck & Co. got any money for his efforts?  He probably didn't, but some other groups did. 

Anyway, back to the point you were making, if Beck "helping" Cruz was not a set-up by the establishment or whoever  - I bet they wish now that they had thought of that!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 08:06:31 pm »
Anyway, back to the point you were making, if Beck "helping" Cruz was not a set-up by the establishment or whoever  - I bet they wish now that they had thought of that!

=================================

Don't get me wrong.  I personally like Ted Cruz on more levels (many) than I dislike him on.

One must ask, WHO among the progressive Republican elite is both crafty enough and capable enough to set Cruz up to fail - to fall into their trap of 'Yes, we support you Ted.' to 'We finally took him down.' conversations being held in the back room.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 08:07:38 pm »

Don't get me wrong.  I personally like Ted Cruz on more levels (many) than I dislike him on.

One must ask, WHO among the progressive Republican elite is both crafty enough and capable enough to set Cruz up to fail - to fall into their trap of 'Yes, we support you Ted.' to 'We finally took him down.' conversations being held in the back room.

Rove? 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:08 pm »
Rove?

=======================

(and Company)

Of course.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 08:12:23 pm »
=======================

(and Company)

Of course.

It's the sad reality of Washington politics - so driven by big money and greedy politicians need for more money and power.  That's why Trump is such an anomaly. 

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 08:13:42 pm »

I don't know how others think, but I think there was a moment - about 2 debates ago - when both Rubio and Cruz, together, jumped the shark.  I thought so then and remember posting something saying that Christie nailed them both immediately.  It was when they got into the long, drawn out policy wonk argument on immigration. They went back and forth for minutes - glazing everyone's eyes over with their highly detailed, erudite, argument about the details of their immigration positions and attacking the other.  Christie saw it immediately and pounced.  They might as well have shouted at the top of their lungs "I know more about these policy details than anyone here! Hire me!"  It would have been great if you were hiring a policy analyst.  But the people watching and listening wanted leadership, not knowledge.  The CEO is never the smartest guy in the room. But he's the guy who can lead and who can make decisions.

I thought that that exchange was so very telling.  And at that moment, I thought they both bought the farm.  They were doomed at that moment, because that is where their heads are, that is right now what they are about.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:14:32 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 08:14:16 pm »

Actually, your post reminds me of some thoughts I had over the weekend.  What I think that we've been witnessing in the past week or so (take the NR anti-Trump issue as an example), is a bit of a frenzied attempt to take down both Cruz & Trump.  If you look at the slew of "endorsements" from across the spectrum, and the various 'unlikely' embraces of either candidate, I think that it shows a disjointed and un-coordinated effort.  A certain segment of the political establishment believes it better to "use Trump to destroy Cruz, we'll handle Trump later" and another segment is going with the "use Cruz to destroy Trump, we'll handle Cruz later."

I suppose it depends on which candidate they view as more important to jettison first, or more easily later.

Just some thoughts that have been rattling around...

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 08:53:26 pm »
Cruz didn't even bother to show up to vote for or against that judge. That was another sign for me. Why not vote? Sanders didn't either. Rubio as well.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:55 pm »
A certain segment of the political establishment believes it better to "use Trump to destroy Cruz, we'll handle Trump later" and another segment is going with the "use Cruz to destroy Trump, we'll handle Cruz later."

================================

Key here is 'the political establishment.'

We have the best government that money can buy.  Consider that it now requires almost a BILLION DOLLARS to BUY the presidency.

And then there is the ELECTORAL COLLEGE, which is owned by who?

There is going to either be a political revolution, or a real one, or there is going to be simply - NOTHING.

I say that latter.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:08:28 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
Are these polls from BB (before Beck) or AB (after Beck)? 

Listening to Beck's disconnected ramblings at Ted's rally made me sad for Ted Cruz.  I could see it on his face, he knew Beck was not helping him any, but there was nothing he could do to stop it.  Beck has taken Cruz under his wing and in helping to finance him, is now part owner of him. 

Listening to Beck's king-making megalomanic attempt, I got a chill down my spine - like I was walking on Ted Cruz's grave.

8888crybaby

Said it before if CRUZ who is a good guy and other than TRUMP the only other one in this race who is electable does not get away from BECK he will kill his career. That is the problem with DONORS they own a candidate and most people do not realize it. They think they donate MILLIONS because the agree with there views.  :chairbang: