Author Topic: Trump May Skip Fox Debate for Own Town Hall  (Read 4591 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump May Skip Fox Debate for Own Town Hall
« on: January 25, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=710694

Newsmax
Trump May Skip Fox Debate for Own Town Hall
Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:55 PM

By: Greg Richter

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump might skip Thursday's debate on Fox News Channel and hold his own televised town hall at the same time if the network doesn't drop Megyn Kelly from its team of moderators, his campaign manager tells New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman.

Trump has been calling on Fox News to drop Kelly, who is scheduled to moderate with two other Fox anchors, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier. The trio moderated the first GOP debate of the season, in which Kelly and Trump sparred over a question about his treatment of women.

Trump objected to the question and criticized Kelly for it the next day. When he said she had "blood coming out of her wherever" he was accused again of attacking women, though he said he was meaning it was coming out of her ears.

Trump took up the feud again last week with a serious of tweets saying Fox shouldn't allow Kelly on the debate stage because she is biased against him. Fox responded that Kelly would not be removed from the team of moderators.

Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, told Sherman that Trump might not attend the debate if Fox doesn't relent.

"Let's see what happens," Lewandowski said. "It’s fair to say Mr. Trump is a significant ratings driver for these debates. If we aren’t on stage for some reason, they wouldn’t have the record 24 million viewers and would be back with 1-2 million people."

Trump might even hold his own town hall event at the same time as the debate and offer it to Fox's competitors, Lewandowski said.

"That would be a great idea," he told Sherman.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Trump May Skip Fox Debate for Own Town Hall
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »
Good riddance, Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »

Is this guy smart or what?

That's the kind of smarts I want to see in a tough-as-nails, America-first president!

After Obama's seven years weakness on the world stage, I'm already feeling good again about America.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:03:04 pm »
Rupert Murdoch would close Fox News completely down before he 'dropped' Megyn Kelly.

Nobody does Rupert Murdoch like Megyn Kelly ..

Megyn Kelly on Howard Stern Show, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsb-5dIqEBw
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:06:21 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »
Yes, this is the kind of thinking I like!  National Review got cut from the debates because of their over-the-top bias against one of the candidates - Donald Trump.  Kelly, and I would add Chris Wallace - since he called Trump a liar at that very same debate - should be cut for the same reasons.

If I had a chance to watch a Trump town hall - or a debate without him and just the losers up on the stage, I know what I would watch and a great many other people would too. 

He's not a follower, that's for sure.  He's a leader.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:10:41 pm »
Cannot stand Kelly... won't watch anyway...

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »
Yes, this is the kind of thinking I like!  National Review got cut from the debates because of their over-the-top bias against one of the candidates - Donald Trump.  Kelly, and I would add Chris Wallace - since he called Trump a liar at that very same debate - should be cut for the same reasons.

===================================

This is quite the anomaly.  Quite the quagmire.  The Neocons are tearing their cloths right now.  Gnashing of teeth ..

National Review Enlists Open Border Zealots to Trash Trump

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:12:02 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 03:14:17 pm »
===================================

This is quite the anomaly.  Quite the quagmire.  The Neocons are tearing their cloths right now.  Gnashing of teeth ..

National Review Enlists Open Border Zealots to Trash Trump

Neocon? Look at Trump's policies. He's about as "neocon" as they come.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 03:18:05 pm »
He may be trying to leverage a speaking fee to join the debate.

But seriously, no matter how you feel about Trump, it is glaringly obvious, as well as public knowledge, that Trump and Kelly have personal issues with each other.

I think it is reasonable to ask for her to be excluded given their personal feelings for each other. In fact, I think it is normal and natural that she would be excluded.

It is not a question of competence. It is a question of procedure, fairness, and decorum.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 03:20:54 pm »

======================================

Yes, one is known by their company.

That is why Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Megyn Kelly and Rupert Murdoch absolutely SPIT BLOOD when they mention Donald Trump's name.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »

But seriously, no matter how you feel about Trump, it is glaringly obvious, as well as public knowledge, that Trump and Kelly have personal issues with each other.

I think it is reasonable to ask for her to be excluded given their personal feelings for each other. In fact, I think it is normal and natural that she would be excluded.

It is not a question of competence. It is a question of procedure, fairness, and decorum.

=====================================

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 03:27:04 pm »
=====================================

Why is your image cut from the Daily Kos?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 03:27:18 pm »

If I had a chance to watch a Trump town hall - or a debate without him and just the losers up on the stage, I know what I would watch and a great many other people would too. 

He's not a follower, that's for sure.  He's a leader.

:thumbsup:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »

=============================

OK.  You asked for it.

Directly from Megyn Kelly's boss, Rupert Murdoch .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsA18CPYurU

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »

Yes, and the real elephant in the room is what is missing between these two paragraphs:

Trump objected to the question and criticized Kelly for it the next day. When he said she had "blood coming out of her wherever" he was accused again of attacking women, though he said he was meaning it was coming out of her ears.

{big gap of several months}

Trump took up the feud again last week with a serious of tweets saying Fox shouldn't allow Kelly on the debate stage because she is biased against him. Fox responded that Kelly would not be removed from the team of moderators.

Any one watching FNC at 9PM ET has seen that for weeks on end, at least 3-4 shows per week opened with a clear anti-Trump panel diatribe.  The article, by that omission, doesn't paint a clear picture of the issue at hand.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 03:47:44 pm »
TRUMP in the debate = High ratings. TRUMP does Townhall = High ratings especially if on same time as debate. No TRUMP in DEBATE= NO RATINGS. They are not watching because of BUSHIE or Knee bend? :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 04:02:48 pm »

That is why Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Megyn Kelly and Rupert Murdoch absolutely SPIT BLOOD when they mention Donald Trump's name.

Donald Trump is about making America great. Not about being the world's policeman.

I think Trump's position is to let other countries deal with their own growing pains. We dealt with ours. Now it's their turn to man up.

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »
Watching Trump this election is like watching Evel Knievel preparing for a jump over the Snake River Canyon on his the X2 Skycycle and wondering if his paraschute will open if his steam runs out. :shrug:

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 04:33:10 pm »
I have to agree with Trump on this.

1st Question for the 1st GOP debate of 2016 and we get a "war on women" screed that may as well been written by the DNC! Kelly had her shot and she totally blew it by being a standard issue "gotcha" media clown. She has shown that her ego is more important to her then being a serious honest moderator.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 04:35:24 pm »
Is this guy smart or what?

That's the kind of smarts I want to see in a tough-as-nails, America-first president!

After Obama's seven years weakness on the world stage, I'm already feeling good again about America.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »

Good catch..... :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:11 pm »

He's a big boy.  If he becomes the candidate, he will have to work with people he doesn't like.  He might as well start getting used to the idea.

And, I don't know that Kelly had any issues with Trump, before Trump started attacking her.  Admittedly, she probably does now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 04:48:32 pm »

Really?  I haven't seen any/much of that.  Got examples?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 04:48:32 pm »

This sounds very serious!

Seriously though, are there no editors anymore?

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 04:49:36 pm »

If that came from Daily Kos, then I am in agreement with them on that!