Author Topic: The aspirations of 18-year old Ted Cruz  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The aspirations of 18-year old Ted Cruz
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:35:49 am »
In 1988, high school senior Ted Cruz reflected on his life's ambitions while attending Second Baptist School in Houston, TX. Now, he is a Republican Senator running for the office of the President of the United States of America.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-vG_TdOT4

Online libertybele

Re: The aspirations of 18-year old Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59:43 am »
??? Seriously??  Poor video quality ... poor photo shop.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:49 am »
??? Seriously??  Poor video quality ... poor photo shop.
It is supposedly from 1988.  The video cameras of the time created poor quality video.  It looks authentic to me.

I don't think it matters much since it is almost 30 years ago, but I assume it may come up in a campaign ad or two.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 04:16:40 am »
It is supposedly from 1988.  The video cameras of the time created poor quality video.  It looks authentic to me.

I don't think it matters much since it is almost 30 years ago, but I assume it may come up in a campaign ad or two.

Sounds like a typical smart-assy teenager to me - like I was at that age!   :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:24:38 am »
Sounds like a typical smart-assy teenager to me - like I was at that age!   :patriot:
Me too.  I don't think there is much for Cruz to worry about here, but stuff gets edited and distorted during elections so who knows.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 04:33:13 am »
Entirely consistent with his father's comments about "anointing him King."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 04:44:07 am »
I hope everyone understands that this hyperventilating past transgression stuff, whether it is about Cruz, Trump, Hillary or Rubio has no impact whatsoever on election outcomes. It is noise, completely ignored by more than 99% of voters.  As are attack ads.  An aside: no human being in history has ever wasted more money than Jeb Bush has...on attack ads.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 04:54:19 am »
I hope everyone understands that this hyperventilating past transgression stuff, whether it is about Cruz, Trump, Hillary or Rubio has no impact whatsoever on election outcomes. It is noise, completely ignored by more than 99% of voters.  As are attack ads.  An aside: no human being in history has ever wasted more money than Jeb Bush has...on attack ads.
I tend to agree that Jeb has wasted a lot of money on attack ads, but only because he has been attacking Rubio instead of Trump and Cruz.  We won't know for sure until after IA, NH, and SC. 

Attack ads are effective.  That is why they are used by every successful campaign.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:44 am »
I tend to agree that Jeb has wasted a lot of money on attack ads, but only because he has been attacking Rubio instead of Trump and Cruz.  We won't know for sure until after IA, NH, and SC. 

Attack ads are effective.  That is why they are used by every successful campaign.

They used to be effective before everyone, over 30 years time, learned and understood exactly what they are - they are an anachronism now, a vestige of the past. Times have changed for campaigns and it is much harder to move voters with methods developed in a previous era. Had Bush attempted such a tactic on Trump, not only would it have not worked, it would have backfired very badly (as if things could get any worse for Jeb).
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 05:51:55 am »
They used to be effective before everyone, over 30 years time, learned and understood exactly what they are - they are an anachronism now, a vestige of the past. Times have changed for campaigns and it is much harder to move voters with methods developed in a previous era. Had Bush attempted such a tactic on Trump, not only would it have not worked, it would have backfired very badly (as if things could get any worse for Jeb).

I think Rubio would say R2R attack ads have damaged his campaign and his poll numbers indicate it, but I don't have a substantive website or article to prove it, so we can agree to disagree.

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 07:58:14 am »
Pathetic.

Did Young Rafael bully someone, too?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------