Author Topic: Obama says he doesn't yearn for third term  (Read 723 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama says he doesn't yearn for third term
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:19:36 pm »
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/79fc352dd72447eea99e6b654058fd94/obama-says-he-doesnt-yearn-third-term

Obama says he doesn't yearn for third term
Jan. 24, 2016 2:23 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he wouldn't run for a third term even if he could. He says the presidency takes a toll on family life, and the office "should be continually renewed by new energy and new ideas."

Obama tells CBS' "Sunday Morning" that he's not yearning for a third term is because he's confident that things are lot better in the United States than when he came into office.

Obama says the thing that makes him happiest about his presidency ending next January is a chance to get out of what he calls the "the bubble." That's what he calls the tight security controls over his travels outside the White House. He says the bubble is "the hardest thing about the presidency."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama says he doesn't yearn for third term
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:41:29 pm »
Buffalo dung.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:32 pm »
Translation:

I won't seize power in a coup and make myself President For Life, because I know the country wouldn't let me get away with that. So therefore I don't yearn for it, but I'd take it if the angle was there.
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:41:48 pm »
If he wants a third term he will do it. I think he will be head of UN after wh.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »
Obama is a famous liar. He always says the opposite of whatever he intends to do. Too early to rule anything out at this point. And no one should ever believe anything he says. What he says is beyond meaningless.

I doubt he is going to the U.N.  Russia thinks he is a joke. Many in the M.E. absolutely hate him. And he has very little support in Asia, Europe, or Africa.

Obama is viewed as an international failure. He has little respect from any country in world. Frankly, he is viewed as being weak and a fool almost universally.

I can't see him getting any support for a U.N. bid other than Iran. And that is only because he gave them 100 Billion dollars, and approved their nuclear program. Can't think of anyone else who likes him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:24 pm »
Obama is a famous liar. He always says the opposite of whatever he intends to do. Too early to rule anything out at this point. And no one should ever believe anything he says. What he says is beyond meaningless.

I doubt he is going to the U.N.  Russia thinks he is a joke. Many in the M.E. absolutely hate him. And he has very little support in Asia, Europe, or Africa.

Obama is viewed as an international failure. He has little respect from any country in world. Frankly, he is viewed as being weak and a fool almost universally.

I can't see him getting any support for a U.N. bid other than Iran. And that is only because he gave them 100 Billion dollars, and approved their nuclear program. Can't think of anyone else who likes him.
Good points. Never thought of those. good reasons for him not getting the UN gig.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
I believe him. As much as Obama enjoys the destruction of America, he is concerned about himself above all else. This pretending to be a president crap just takes too much time and effort.

As an ex-president, Obama will make the kind of money he feels he deserves. Obama will be free to pursue choom and his boy Reggie with less scrutiny than he gets now.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »
Neither do we.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »
Oh, I dunno. Perhaps I stand alone in this but I believe Bambi does deserve a third term.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.