Author Topic: Poll: Trump retakes IA lead, keeps big edge in NH and SC, Cruz leads only in Texas  (Read 990 times)

HAPPY2BME

Just over a week before the first votes are cast in the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump has regained his lead over Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in the state of Iowa. Trump now holds a 5-point lead over the Texas Republican, with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio lagging far behind in third place.

In New Hampshire, the race remains unchanged at the top, with Trump holding a commanding double-digit lead over his two closest-but-still-distant rivals Cruz and Rubio, who are locked in a tight battle for second place. Further down, Ohio Gov. John Kasich has edged past New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie into fourth place.

Looking ahead to South Carolina, Trump continues to hold a double-digit lead over Cruz, his closest competitor in that state.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-trump-retakes-iowa-lead-keeps-big-edge-in-new-hampshire-and-south-carolina/

HAPPY2BME

More ...

(Even Fox News can't deny it)

===============================

Polling Data

Poll    Date    Sample    Trump    Cruz    Rubio    Carson    Bush    Christie    Kasich    Paul    Huckabee    Fiorina    Santorum    Spread
    RCP Average    1/4 - 1/21    --    34.6    18.8    11.2    8.4    4.8    3.6    2.8    2.2    2.2    2.0    0.2    Trump +15.8
    FOX News    1/18 - 1/21    405 LV    34    20    11    8    4    3    4    2    2    1    0    Trump +14
    Monmouth    1/15 - 1/18    385 RV    36    17    11    8    5    3    3    2    3    1    1    Trump +19

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

HAPPY2BME

Floridians understand what another Bush Regime means for their future.

Jeb Bush is carrying 4% IN HIS HOME STATE.

Offline katzenjammer

Online libertybele

Floridians understand what another Bush Regime means for their future.

Jeb Bush is carrying 4% IN HIS HOME STATE.

That was the first poll that I wanted to see.  Florida.  Cruz is doing better than both Rubio and Bush.  Rubio and Cruz are very close.  That is what I was hoping to see! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

I love seeing all these candidates still in the race. Especially the ones that are polling below the margin of error. Making it possible, I suppose, that some of them have negative popularity.  :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I love seeing all these candidates still in the race. Especially the ones that are polling below the margin of error. Making it possible, I suppose, that some of them have negative popularity.  :silly:

At what point are Gilmore, Santorum and Huckabee just going to be referred to as "Etc."?

:shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

At what point are Gilmore, Santorum and Huckabee just going to be referred to as "Etc."?

====================================

They won't be 'Etc.'

Hanging in for another show on Fox News.  Sure beats working for the GOP, plus he can fire up his band again, and even have Glenn Beck as a guest.

Prime Time.

Offline aligncare

Trump retakes Iowa lead. Hmm, I wonder why as we approach the Iowa caucuses Trump should retake the lead?

Five or six months ago 65% of the republican electorate said they would never support Donald Trump.

Today that number is down to 15%. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Offline aligncare

I guess to 50% of the Republican electorate, never is a very short time.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
¡Jeb! at 4% in his home state of Florida.

Think he'll hang on much longer after that?

Online libertybele

I'm not quite sure ... my hunch is everyone is waiting to see how well they place in the Iowa caucus before we start seeing people drop out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

Trump retakes Iowa lead. Hmm, I wonder why as we approach the Iowa caucuses Trump should retake the lead?

Five or six months ago 65% of the republican electorate said they would never support Donald Trump.

Today that number is down to 15%. I'm seeing a pattern here.

=================================

Yes, it is a pattern overwhelmingly favoring Donald Trump.

I hope there's not too many hard feelings over this.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bluntly, if these numbers hold accurate, this race is over. And I say that as a Cruz supporter.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Longiron

Bluntly, if these numbers hold accurate, this race is over. And I say that as a Cruz supporter.

Don't think it is over. Remember the polls are skewed for a particular outcome desired and try to shape opinion. I say that as a TRUMP fan . The only poll that counts is when the votes are cast.  :patriot:

Offline Longiron

=================================

Yes, it is a pattern overwhelmingly favoring Donald Trump.

I hope there's not too many hard feelings over this.

Still would like to see a TRUMP / Cruz ticket ?? Only possible way IMO if CRUZ lets TRUMP sue him to get a ruling on this stupid "birther" thing. As a candidate TRUMP would have standing and the case would be heard fast. CRUZ electable then a TRUMP /CRUZ ticket is possible? If TRUMP picks a RINO like Scott BROWN as a VP it will kill him as fast as BECK is killing CRUZ. :0001:

HAPPY2BME

Still would like to see a TRUMP / Cruz ticket ?? Only possible way IMO if CRUZ lets TRUMP sue him to get a ruling on this stupid "birther" thing. As a candidate TRUMP would have standing and the case would be heard fast. CRUZ electable then a TRUMP /CRUZ ticket is possible? If TRUMP picks a RINO like Scott BROWN as a VP it will kill him as fast as BECK is killing CRUZ. :0001:

===================================

The burden of proof has not been met over the past eight years on Obama's legitimacy with that 'shadow' having hung over him for that long.  It has never disqualified him from ruining what was left of the country when he began dissembling it though.

The bar has been raised.  This whole thing of 'legitimacy' to do 'whatever' is mostly a non-player now, just as are the abortion and gay marriage issues having also become non-players with the evolution of even the Republican Party itself into being as liberally progressive as the Democrats.

But the bar has been raised by Trump, and there really is no 'wiggle room' for Cruz to jiggle around it.

Speaking of liberal progressive Republicans, the NeoCons are still out for both Trump's and Cruz's blood, and are waiting in the shadows begging and praying to whatever 'god' it is they pray to for the 'last minute knockdown/takeout' of both of them.  Come hell or high water, they won't rest until they get something on them, or die trying.

In that case, buh-buh Republican Party for good.  Kaput.  Over.  Fini.

KARL ROVE REARS HIS HEAD AGAIN - Motion demands Cruz be removed from Illinois ballot Republican lawyer 'terrified' unresolved status might open door to Democrat victory>