Author Topic: Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom  (Read 6077 times)

rangerrebew

Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:45:32 am »
Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom
'If you're a person interested in lying ... then you're not going to care for him'
Published: 10 hours ago

It’s well known that many Republicans in Washington do not like Sen. Ted Cruz, but the full extent of that antipathy is coming to light this week as several current and former lawmakers say they prefer Donald Trump as the GOP nominee, although they have little regard for either man.

Some GOP consultants and strategists started the rumblings in recent days. Then Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad told Republicans in his state to oppose Cruz because of the senator’s opposition to ethanol subsidies.

But the story broke wide open on Wednesday when former Senate Majority Leader and 1996 Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole said he would choose Trump over Cruz, going so far as to say a Cruz nomination would be “cataclysmic” for the Republican Party. Another former GOP Senate leader, Trent Lott, has said the same.

But Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, a Cruz supporter, is not swayed. While honoring Dole for his heroism in World War II, Gohmert told WND and Radio America many mainstream Republicans are worried about what a President Cruz would mean for them.

“You don’t get any more establishment than Bob Dole and Trent Lott,” Gohmert said. “So they’re going to be an indication of where the establishment will go. They have more belief that Trump will make deals with them and that Ted Cruz will continue to stand on principle, as he has been.”

What do YOU think? Who is your pick for president? Sound off in today’s WND poll

Current officeholders are joining the chorus, including Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Dan Coats, R-Ind.

“An awful lot of us really didn’t like to be targeted as corrupt, establishment bought by the lobby establishment,” Coats told CNN. “It sure looks like someone was using it as a way to gain notoriety as the only true conservative in Washington.”

Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., went a step further, reportedly telling donors that he would vote for Bernie Sanders before he’d back Cruz. Burr later asked for a retraction, but the Associated Press is standing by the story.

Gohmert believes the venom in the GOP is a result of Ted Cruz doing something most other politicians don’t.

“If you’re a person that’s interested in lying or you’re interested in twisting the truth or you’re interested in breaking your promises that you made to get elected, then you’re not going to care for Ted Cruz,” Gohmert said.

Listen to the WND/Radio America interview with Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas:

But the congressman also said the notion that Capitol Hill is a wasteland of Trump supporters is dead wrong.

"Ted Cruz has got a bunch of members of Congress, solid conservatives, a whole bunch of them that have come out and endorsed Ted," he said. "I'm not aware of anybody in the House that has endorsed Trump."

Gohmert said moderate Republicans and the mainstream media are aligning with Trump based on a major assumption.

"They think he'll be more of a deal maker. They're probably figuring, 'You know, Trump is a winner. He says what he has to to win. He'll say what he has to to win the Republican primary,'" Gohmert explained. "And so they're probably thinking, 'So then he'll go back and agree with Democrats to say what he needs to to win the general election.'"

Gohmert said the Republicans are doomed in that scenario.

"If that were to happen, as has happened before, then so many in the base of the Republicans would have nowhere else to go but third party," he said. "That assures the Democrat wins."

But can Cruz work with people in Congress? Gohmert said yes.

"He can compromise," he said. "He has compromised on issues but when it comes to matters of principle, you shouldn't be compromising on matters of principle and he doesn't."

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/insider-leaks-real-reason-for-gop-kingpins-anti-cruz-venom/#eLfep6Z4mq4KiOzZ.99

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:40:28 pm »
Gohmert said moderate Republicans and the mainstream media are aligning with Trump based on a major assumption.

"They think he'll be more of a deal maker. They're probably figuring, 'You know, Trump is a winner. He says what he has to to win. He'll say what he has to to win the Republican primary,'" Gohmert explained. "And so they're probably thinking, 'So then he'll go back and agree with Democrats to say what he needs to to win the general election.'"

Quoted because it needs to be repeated over and over until the truth starts to sink in.

And THAT is even if he just doesn't take a lump sum payment with the promises of future government contracts and tax breaks to drop out right before the primary elections.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:00:59 pm »
"But the congressman [Gohmert] also said the notion that Capitol Hill is a wasteland of Trump supporters is dead wrong.

"Ted Cruz has got a bunch of members of Congress, solid conservatives, a whole bunch of them that have come out and endorsed Ted," he said. "I'm not aware of anybody in the House that has endorsed Trump.""

...no one in the House endorsed Trump. Bears repeating.

That's because Trump is his own man. Nobody owns Donald Trump. No politician, no K-Street donor, no special interest groups, nobody. Trump's going to Washington DC for the American people. Not for conservatives, not for liberals, but for the American people.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 02:03:45 pm »
"But the congressman [Gohmert] also said the notion that Capitol Hill is a wasteland of Trump supporters is dead wrong.

That's because Trump is his own man. Nobody owns Donald Trump.

True,but anybody can rent him.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:09:40 pm »

"Ted Cruz has got a bunch of members of Congress, solid conservatives, a whole bunch of them that have come out and endorsed Ted," he said. "I'm not aware of anybody in the House that has endorsed Trump.""

...no one in the House endorsed Trump. Bears repeating.

That's because Trump is his own man. Nobody owns Donald Trump. No politician, no K-Street donor, no special interest groups, nobody. Trump's going to Washington DC for the American people. Not for conservatives, not for liberals, but for the American people.

More BS because they know the gravy train is over for most and going to be replace by  the Trump Train. Look at who voted for Ryan. The Republican Conservative Party in Congress. Except for a few like David Brat they all Voted for that RINO S.O. B. Then they passed the Omnibus bill to get their bonus checks. They hate Cruz but they Fear Trump. :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »
"And THAT is even if he just doesn't take a lump sum payment with the promises of future government contracts and tax breaks to drop out right before the primary elections."

Interesting opinion.

How and who will give Donald Trump (one of the richest men in the world) money?

Second question. Why do you think Donald Trump (one of the richest men in the world) needs more money? Doesn't he have his own money? Hasn't he had a 40 year career doing exactly that? Making gobs and gobs of money?

You know, he is one of the richest men in the world who made his fortune building things primarily in the private sector.

But I suppose somewhere on K St. or on Capitol Hill there's a bag of money waiting for him to suddenly  drop out of the race just moments before winning the election. It could happen. I suppose.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

Quoted because it needs to be repeated over and over until the truth starts to sink in.

And THAT is even if he just doesn't take a lump sum payment with the promises of future government contracts and tax breaks to drop out right before the primary elections.

Louis Gohmert has his head screwed on straight!  I have said exactly the same on this very forum MANY times previous to now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »

"...no one in the House endorsed Trump. Bears repeating.

It's difficult to imagine a truly free POTUS.  But if ever one was needed, it is now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »
"And THAT is even if he just doesn't take a lump sum payment with the promises of future government contracts and tax breaks to drop out right before the primary elections."

Interesting opinion.

Second question. Why do you think Donald Trump (one of the richest men in the world) needs more money? Doesn't he have his own money? Hasn't he had a 40 year career doing exactly that? Making gobs and gobs of money?

You know, he is one of the richest men in the world who made his fortune building things primarily in the private sector.

But I suppose somewhere on K St. or on Capitol Hill there's a bag of money waiting for him to suddenly  drop out of the race just moments before winning the election. It could happen. I suppose.

The same people that bought the presidency for Bathhouse Barry.

Did you showhow miss the fact that Trump earns his living and has alwasy earned his living from scamming people? You act just like because he  has 2 billion dollars in assets that it means he doesn't want more.

BTW,you seem to be obsessed with Trump's money. Does this mean you will support Bloomberg if he jumps into the election? After all,Bloomberg has 18 times as much money as Trump,and he didn't even inherit it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 03:28:00 pm »
Louis Gohmert has his head screwed on straight!  I have said exactly the same on this very forum MANY times previous to now.

We are both wasting our time because believing is what True Believers do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »

Interesting opinion.

BTW,you seem so obsessed with Trump's money and net worth. Please answer this question,ok?

Do you think Trump will be willing to put all his money into blind trusts if he wins the presidency?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 03:38:00 pm »
It's difficult to imagine a truly free POTUS.  But if ever one was needed, it is now.

I sure can't argue with that one.  This is not only the perfect time for this to happen,but it is also probably the last chance for it TO happen.

Which,IMHO is WHY Trump is running. The current system is one that all his contacts exist in,and if it were to go down it would be the end of his influence and severely cripple his ability to scam money. Protecting that very system is WHY he entered the race. The last thing he or anyone else that are insiders  want is to see someone come along and upset their apple carts,so he becomes a "overnight conservative",gets in the race,and sucks up all the money and all the attention by pretending he is that guy. The end result is no one else has a chance of gaining any traction other than insider Party People.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »

Now is even the perfect time because both the Dim and the alleged Republican candidates are so weak most people in their parties don't even want them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:40:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 04:11:41 pm »
The same people that bought the presidency for Bathhouse Barry.

BTW,you seem to be obsessed with Trump's money. Does this mean you will support Bloomberg if he jumps into the election? After all,Bloomberg has 18 times as much money as Trump,and he didn't even inherit it.

It would help your argumentation if you learned to recognize sarcasm...

I repeated the "he's one of the richest men in the world" line several times to mock your silly, unfounded statement that Trump is just waiting for a big bag of money and government contracts to drop out of the race just before the election.

I was wondering how long before I would see such a hyperbolic and ridiculous statement coming from the TDS crowd. Thanks to a new member, I didn't have to wait too long.

Have a nice day, sneaky.  :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »
It would help your argumentation if you learned to recognize sarcasm...

It would be  helpful if it looked like sarcasm.

[quote author] I repeated the "he's one of the richest men in the world" line several times to mock your silly, unfounded statement that Trump is just waiting for a big bag of money and government contracts to drop out of the race just before the election.[/quote]

And you think that represented sarcasm? Seriously? Sounded a lot more like the base of your belief in his holiness.

I'm going to ask again,do you think Trump will be willing to put all his money in blind trusts if he is elected as president?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 04:26:58 pm »

And you think that represented sarcasm? Seriously? Sounded a lot more like the base of your belief in his holiness.

I'm going to ask again,do you think Trump will be willing to put all his money in blind trusts if he is elected as president?

Just this one time. I have no obligation to talk to you dude.

Your arguments are outlandish and devoid of any rational mooring.

Have a nice day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 04:30:41 pm »
Just this one time. I have no obligation to talk to you dude.

Your arguments are outlandish and devoid of any rational mooring.

Have a nice day.

He bobs! He weaves! He suddenly "doan no nuttin bout no politics"!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 04:43:10 pm »

As I leave this thread, utterly defeated, I quake at your reasoning and intellect....

:da man:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »

For the sarcasm impaired, yes. That was sarcasm.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 05:00:16 pm »

He was asked that question, I think at the last debate.  He answered it by saying that if he is elected President, he won't care about his company - he will be working on making America great again. 

He said his children will run his business - said he didn't know if that would be a blind trust or what - but yes, he has already said he will not be involved in running the family business.  His children are quite capable of running it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 05:32:21 pm »
For the sarcasm impaired, yes. That was sarcasm.

I'll go along with that if your ego needs it.

At one point or another,late at night when it is quiet,you are going to have to ask yourself that question about blind trusts,and come up with an answer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »
He was asked that question, I think at the last debate.  He answered it by saying that if he is elected President, he won't care about his company - he will be working on making America great again. 

He said his children will run his business - said he didn't know if that would be a blind trust or what - but yes, he has already said he will not be involved in running the family business.  His children are quite capable of running it.

I missed that,and thank you for posting it.

It is still a non-answer. You would think the "smartest man in the world" would know that letting your children manage your money is NOT putting it in a blind trust because we all know he will be telling them how to invest the money,and he will definitely be working from inside information as president.

Somebody needs to call him on this nonsense and make it plain to him that he will not be allowed to get away with that.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 06:01:59 pm »
I missed that,and thank you for posting it.

It is still a non-answer. You would think the "smartest man in the world" would know that letting your children manage your money is NOT putting it in a blind trust because we all know he will be telling them how to invest the money,and he will definitely be working from inside information as president.

Somebody needs to call him on this nonsense and make it plain to him that he will not be allowed to get away with that.

His children are mature and very smart, they've been working with him in the business for awhile.  He doesn't need to tell them how to invest or how to run it.  They already know. 

From the remarks I see from many here - he's already buying that "inside information" now from all the politicians he's bought - so why would he need to run for president to get that?   :laugh:

I think trying to turn this country around is the ultimate challenge for a man that has pretty much arrived at the ultimate pinnacle in his professional life.  God bless him for doing it too, it's nearly impossible for most any common person to do so. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »
I'll go along with that if your ego needs it.

At one point or another,late at night when it is quiet,you are going to have to ask yourself that question about blind trusts,and come up with an answer.

Sure, I'll do that. As soon as you reflect on alicewonder's points answering your question (don't worry, alice is authorized to speak for me. We are simpatico about the hyperbolic attacks breathlessly leveled at Donald Trump):