Author Topic: Liberal Actor Spells Things Out About the United States: ‘The Entire Country Is a Racist Country’  (Read 469 times)

Offline Paladin

Pity. De Vito, though Liberal, is a likable fellow. I wonder if anyone informed him the "entire country" has little or nothing to do with the Oscars. That would be his fellow entertainment professionals in the movie industry.

"Actor Danny DeVito, well-known for his liberal point of view, leveled some big charges concerning the people of the United States when this year’s Oscars controversy came up.

“It’s unfortunate that the entire country is a racist country,” DeVito said Saturday at the Sundance Film Festival, noting that black actors and actresses who gave “great performances … weren’t even thought about” for the 2016 Academy Awards.

“We are living in a country that discriminates and has certain racial tendencies which – racist tendencies – so sometimes it’s manifested in things like this,” DeVito continued, adding that “just generally speaking … we’re a bunch of racists.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/23/liberal-actor-spells-things-out-about-the-united-states-the-entire-country-is-a-racist-country/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

I just don't know why people like DeVito, Goldberg, Baldwin, et al., continue to subject themselves to all the horror and wretchedness that is the USA. Why not live someplace perfect, like North Korea or Iran? They have money and probably could find a nice house there really cheap.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Danny, I love ya, but you could just as easily substitute "country" for "world" and have the same issues. Go to a soccer match in Europe. What we stopped tolerating in the 1970s, they still do today over there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH does DeVito know about America? He has lived in either NYC or Hollywood his entire life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!