Author Topic: Donald Trump op-ed: My vision for a culture of life  (Read 297 times)

Offline flowers

Donald Trump op-ed: My vision for a culture of life
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donald-trump-op-ed-my-vision-for-a-culture-of-life/article/2581271

Let me be clear — I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for rape, incest or the life of the mother being at risk. I did not always hold this position, but I had a significant personal experience that brought the precious gift of life into perspective for me. My story is well documented, so I will not retell it here. However, what I will do with the remaining space is express my feelings about life, and the culture of life, as we just marked the 43rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

I build things. There is a process involved in building things. We tap into a lot of disciplines with engineering being one of the most important. The rules for putting structures together are as strict as are the rules of physics. These rules have stood the test of time and have become the path to putting together structures that endure and are beautiful. America, when it is at its best, follows a set of rules that have worked since our Founding. One of those rules is that we, as Americans, revere life and have done so since our Founders made it the first, and most important, of our "unalienable" rights.

Over time, our culture of life in this country has started sliding toward a culture of death. Perhaps the most significant piece of evidence to support this assertion is that since Roe v. Wade was decided by the Supreme Count 43 years ago, over 50 million Americans never had the chance to enjoy the opportunities offered by this country. They never had the chance to become doctors, musicians, farmers, teachers, husbands, fathers, sons or daughters. They never had the chance to enrich the culture of this nation or to bring their skills, lives, loves or passions into the fabric of this country. They are missing, and they are missed.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Donald Trump op-ed: My vision for a culture of life
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:25:31 pm »
Thanks for posting that flowers. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:04:32 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia